Sign in to follow this  
tjoz

Aftermath 2.0

Been very long tim esince we have been here but we been working on our next release...

Aftermath 2.0 release imminent! As we are currently in final testing stages of our first Cycle 2 release, we are giving you all a clip on some of the new areas we have been working on over the last several months.

This development cycle (from 1.7 to 2.0) has been our most difficult to date but we have closed up development of 2.0 and are putting the final touches to the release. Aftermath 2.0 is our largest release to date and also introduces many new areas from the team. This is our first release where we have worked in the texture field. For our first venture into this area of Legacy we have yielded some very impressive results.

Many ships from ENT right through to TNG have been retextured by either ourselves or by means of gifts to Aftermath (some exclusive gifts which are only available in 2.0). Our ENT era Feds have been retextured (one of our exclusive gifts), TMP Feds have also had some visual work done to them (courtesy of the guys at TLG). Then we have our Borg, all completely retextured in-house. Not only have our ships gone under the knife but we have also got a few new weapon looks too (all gifts from OEM). Ships and weapons weren't the only area to receive a new look, so do our explosions too and all done in house. We also have a few new backgrounds too.

Something else that gets a new look is our Cycle 2 interface, Ascension. Ascension will be a multi stage release though for 2.0 Ascension will be a skeleton. We have big plans for Ascension which will change the way interfaces are created for Legacy. Ascension is the first non-Federation interface for Legacy and it has many tricks up its sleeve…

We have also made graphic improvements to the entire mod (non-texture based improvements). Although we have decided not to go with the current trend and incorporate Shaders 3.0 into Aftermath.

And what have we done to gameplay?? Many things have changed. We have our ENT and TNG re-balances done for all races (TOS/TMP is planned for 2.2). These changes have resulted in more challenging oppositions and have limited the 'god-like' abilities of several ships/races. Something else we have done to gameplay yet again is our new AI. Aftermath 2.0 has a new build of AI that is more alert, smarter, cunning and much more.

Our AI is becoming more and more ruthless with each release we put out. Some of the things you will notice our AI do is make more use of special weaponry (cloak, sensors and self destruct), team tactics (ships team together to take down stronger enemies), advanced threat analysis. This means our AI is making better target decisions against enemies that it can take on and survive. If the chance of survival is low, watch the AI team up to take down enemies. Our AI are capable of a whole lot more from advanced fleet teams (ships group together on terms of payload and not type and stretch too multi race groupings). We have our lag-reducing AI back now too.

We have not one but three new game modes introduced in Aftermath 2.0, one being a return of an old mode after over a year of inactivity. The Survival mode returns to Legacy (though it never left as its first outing is in another mod). After 2.0, the Survival mode will be scripted. Our other new game modes are script based modes called 'Earth Romulan Wars' and 'Starfleet Academy'. The later is a 'learners' mode that introduces players not only to the ships systems but introduces them to new tactics (the mode currently has only one mission for 2.0). The 'Earth Romulan Wars' is our first of many campaign-type modes we will be introducing throughout the Cycle 2 release. For 2.0, the mode sets out in the ENT era and creates its own path in the lead up to the Romulan wars.

We have much more in 2.0 ranging from countless scripting changes, tutorial updates, the entire Death Match map rebuilds and restructuring, brand new maps (Death Match, Co-op Wave, Survial, ERW, SFA, Historicals). Co-op Wave has had a small explosion in 2.0, we now have more than double the offerings for that mode as opposed to stock and any other mod. But that's not all that's started to change with Co-op Wave, we have the first set of new Co-op Waves which switch up their enemies depending on era and have incorporated the advanced map design principles of the Armada and Survival modes. We also have the very first Borg based Co-op ever made.

Last but not least, Aftermath will release with a full German translation (and one that actually works this time…). Our German players will now be able to play Aftermath just the same as the English speaking players. Our German counterpart is our most vital aspect to Aftermath's international appeal.

Aftermath has changed…

More videos and a few small bits of insight or whatever into the 2.0 release. You get not 1, but 3 videos were put up today all over the place. Two are at Youtube and one is up at ModDB. All different footage of various areas we all been working on, lots of explosions too as ships generally do blow up after a while .

Now onto the 2.0 insight thing, our internal compile is done (bug ridden and all :lol: )and we onto testing the stuff out. In a little over a week you will be looking at around 150mb download.

Masonite Quarantine Zone (Alternate footage, ModDB)

More videos over the coming week

Aftermath 2.0 has now been released and is currently only available at our new home. Unfortunately you have to register to be able to download it (dont ask)... Registration is a 2minute process though. The changelog for 2.0 is massive so I wont put it up here but I will break it down for you.

We have new modes (3 all up, Survival, Earth Romulan Wars and SFA). We have the stock Death Match map rebuilds, new maps, brand new AI, heavily revised artillery (Photons, Phasers, Pulses), new interface (called Ascension), hundreds of new texture work ranging from interface down to new ship textures. We also have Terran ships, new map backgrounds, script revisons, new Co-op wave maps and much more. Also we got new graphics too.

The download link is below, its best to register first then log in then head to the downloads section and pick up 2.0 there. Alternate links will be up over the coming week (ModDB will be up in a couple days, Legacy Files later in the week).

Aftermath new home (register, log in then head to downloads for 2.0)

For more on 2.0, there are plenty of videos everywhere at ModDB, YouTube and Live Video. Below are a selection of some shots.

vesuviusfz2.th.jpg ryuujinhc7.th.jpg renegadedo3.th.jpg masonitetos1to2.th.jpg hyphustos1fh6.th.jpg grid450ent1lu2.th.jpg spindersveryfinal5hx8.th.jpg onuris2ib5.th.jpg khanrevision2ot2.th.jpg trekkyaggression4mf4.th.jpg battlesshotmiit5.th.jpg exptype2qh6.th.jpg

This is great news!! Sorry work had me away for awhile, but I am back now and will get this!

News and other stuff from Aftermath.

Development on 2.2/Content Patch has officially begun. We already have a new mission completed though it will get a few cosmetic changes before its done and dusted. We have I think 3 more missions that have just entered their dev cycles (covering various modes). We been doing some interface studies (concepts and prototypes), its a pain in the ass as usual but they are big undertakings. A new type of Armada mode map has entered its dev cycle which may pave way for an additional Armada mode (Light, Heavy and a possible new one). All depends on how much I can work with it and how far I can take it.

We not all on board at the moment but over the coming weeks we will be. Promo for 2.2 wont start for at least another week or so maybe two.

Onto some other news, we have another first (more to add to the list :biggrin: ). We have just entered a distribution deal with RapidGames, they are offering Aftermath up at their site and all future releases we put out. They are very interested in our product and its a new partnership for us. We are the only playable ST offering over at RapidGames (the other ST offering is the trailer to ST Online).

We are expanding to bigger things :grin:

That is great news! always looking for new things to keep Legacy alive. Yall are doing a great job!

Thanks. We have had a great run with 2.0 so far and its more welcomed considering how tough development on it was. Its all paid off. We have had ModDB show us alot of support by doing week long promo on 2.0 (we were the first Legacy mod to be featured in their 'The Rotator' section on their front page), we have the new deal with RapidGames, Legacy Files did some promo for us and an interview aswell.

We also may have a couple more magazine deals too for 2.0 but we waiting to see on that one. Our downloads for 2.0 have been our strongest yet too so thank you all.

Promo is now officially starting for 2.2.

What we are working on... Quite a fair bit now, we got many projects underway ranging from new odf balancing and reformating right through to the interface areas (we slowly building up pieces for our new in-game interface). One of the in-game interface projects we have didnt work out how we had hoped but we have a back up plan that achieves the same result. The back up plan is just more work but it sucks that the code based version of what we wanted didnt work out (one of those things that works perfectly in another area just not in the in-game xml's...). Though we will still pursue the code based version as we dont give up because we hit a brick wall.

Our ERW and SFA modes have new additions (either already completed or well under way). ERW 4 is in development (the 4th mission, plus groundwork has been done for the next few after that). With SFA, mission 2 is well into its dev cycle and introduces something new to Aftermath.

Evolution will finally be finished in 2.2 (though may not make the content patch). I still not sure on Evolutiuons place in Aftermath. It was revamped for use in Aftermath compared to its original outing in UUM but even still it feels out of place in Aftermath. It just feels like its more of a UUM/TLG feature than an Aftermath feature. Its a viable mode I just dont think its suitable for Aftermath. May bundle it up with Zephyr or ship it off to the other mods. I just dont know about its future, we see how things go during development.

That 3rd Armada mode I still deciding on. I have a second map planned based on its structure but just not too sure on whether it can become a viable mode like Heavy and Light. It has a different layout and structure compared to the other two. Its all a matter how far I can run with it, if I can get alot out of it then we got ourselves a third Armada mode. If there not much I can do with it then these particular maps will be straddling both Heavy and Light modes as the way how these are set out they dont have the full characteristics of both modes. Again we will see what happens.

And now your first shots of 2.2, you get to see a shot from the third mission or ERW and a shot of Horizon (new Heavy Armada mode map, first non-fed playable for the Heavy/possible new mode mode). Both are 90% finalized just final touches here and there will be made to them (cosmetic work only).

erwm31wt9.th.jpg horizon3ge7.th.jpg

We got more stuff to show today, not much but still pretty pictures though :biggrin: . We going to start doing new videos soon just we wait till we build a bit more up first.

What we showing today... New texture work thats what. Here is a few looks at our new Sovereign we working on. It still WIP but we have been getting alot of great feedback from it. We will keep changing it till we get it how we want it. Its had normal and spec work done so far, glows are next.

What we will also throw in are some beauty shots of the Galaxy class too. These are all in 2.2 and they are in-game footage. The shots have not been touched up at all. The only thing added to them are the 2.2 tag in the bottom corner.

tjsovtexturetk8.th.jpg afhorizongalaxyhc8.th.jpg afgalaxytrekkyim4.th.jpg

Eventually, we will be making changes to all textures in our mod ranging from small scale work right through to complete retextures. Take note on eventually, it will be spread out over many releases. We making everything look good in Aftermath :yes:

I don't even know how to discribe this but clap.gifConfus_84.gif Those are amazing shots, and the mod is special!! I hope to help yall with the hosting. Great job and Thank you for the updates!

Thanks, we be putting up more shots of other ships too as more of us now are venturing into texture work. We have more ships to show today, though only one. This is how our new Ktinga is shaping up, we are going for a military type feel to the ship which I think is lacking in the original version. So far we have got it looking more war-like but it still early days with it.

ktingatjoztaggedsv4.th.jpg

Another couple of shots for today, over the weekend we got something else lined up but we will give you something during the week too. A little bit of dev news, we got many missions under development. There will be some mission promo done over the weekend and our first video footage of 2.2 will be shown. On other areas, our AI is being developed to become the most highly customized AI ever created for Legacy. The AI is being specialized far deeper than any of the other mods have attempted. We already have our Terrans and ENT Romulans running the new AI procedures. Refinement of other areas are happening and also sounds, at this stage we are deciding on whether to seperate Terrans into a new race (we have more than 3 Terrans in 2.2...).

Today we are showing some shots of a new Akira. This one is more war-like than the stock one. There be more info on this version of the Akira over the weekend. This one was developed in-house. Also included is a general shot of two of our Terrans (NX and Poseidon).

terranbeautyxf2.th.jpg tjakira2rx3.th.jpg tjakira3fr4.th.jpg tjakiraiz0.th.jpg

add_on_header.jpg

Look a surprise, not even the rest of the team knew about this lol...

But yes, all them nice ships we been showing as promo, you can now play with them. Not only that, but you get two new maps aswell. You get the Siaraname System map thats been given to us by AcidFluxxBass and also a brand new map called Yispen (made by us). Now thats the good news.

There is bad news though. Them three ships in our Add-on pack most likely will never be seen in Aftermath ever again. Already the Sovereign in Add-on Pack A will never be seen in an Aftermath release. The Ktinga I think wont make any future releases either. At this stage the Akira looks to be the only survivor of the three.

The maps, they will be in future releases but most likely in other modes. For Add-on Pack A, they are in Death Match. Siaraname System is a 6 player map while Yispen is an 8 player map.

Same thing applies as 2.0, you have to log in to the site to get the pack. Head to the downloads section of the site and its yours. I hate that part of the site, having to sign in to download the stuff...

Aftermath Home Site, log in then head to downloads for Add-On Pack A

siarnameaftermath5zh2.th.jpg yispen1ds7.th.jpg yispen2cp0.th.jpg yispen3ha1.th.jpg yispen4lx1.th.jpg yispenktingapb3.th.jpg

ModDB and Legacy Files links will be available in next couple days, least you dont have to sign up over with them.

OK, I got it and this is a MUST have guys! I'm going ot sticky this one!

An update, the pack had an error in it (Siaraname System wouldnt show up). But we have a fix up now so for everyone that got it before you will need to get it again to get the map fix.

Apart from that everything else is fine. Fingers crossed we have another pack out at the end of the month with some special things in it :wink:

Aftermath Add-on Pack A (fixed)

Plus, you dont have to log in to download anymore!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Something new for you all over here, we got more stuff throughout the week but I give this one to you all today. Its our new Defiant that will be in our next add-on pack. Thats not all that will be in the pack either :wink:

tj_defiant_final.jpg

Been a little while but internet not been the best lately... Stupid broadband caps... Anyway, I bring that bad news that I was suppose to do the other week but there is plenty of good news too.

As people may or may not know, Aftermath 2.0 was the last release. There will be no more large scale releases from Aftermath anymore. Just the amount of time and frustration that goes into making the large releases is not good for the team as patience wears very thin especially when development blows out and releases get canned, we already up to 4 canned releases (Stage 2 and 3, 1.9 and 2.2). Interest wanes when development times stretch for months on end so I made the decision to end the main releases. But it dont mean Aftermath has packed up shop and called it a day. We are shifting to add-on releases. The success we got with our first add-on was the deciding factor in the future of Aftermath. With 2.0, we have a solid foundation that we can continue to add content to, plus with the add-on route, we have a much higher quality control over the larger releases as we will only be dealing with a small amount of content per add-on. Development times are much much smaller which means we can have a more frequent release schedule (currently set to at least one add-on per month). Also something that it brings is there is no need for a full dev team to make an add-on. Any of the team can put out their own add-ons. This allows the other team members to step up and take more responsibility with their work and promotes further growth and confidence within the modder. With the add-on's, every 4th addon will see a repackage of 2.0 that includes all previous add-ons built into the last main release as well as being available separately.

But there is even more good news, we have a new team member now. We now have Max Loef on the Aftermath team and Dontdrunkimshoot/Fangoriously will be shifting to a more permanent role on Aftermath (was an affiliate team member but will now be a main team member). Max Loef will be bringing something new to Aftermath: ships and other work. Currently, Aftermath is being solely developed by the new team which consists of Dontdrunk, Max and myself with occasional input from the old team.

And now for promo, we have a fair bit to show today. Showing some of Max's ships (the Charger, Trident, Constant and Saratoga) and some of our other retextures of the Warbird and Soveriegn (has new bumps now). Stuff on show today some will be in Add-on Pack B and some in C.

chargerardanass6.th.jpg chargerardana2dj4.th.jpg constantsiaraname2mr1.th.jpg saratogaardanavs9.th.jpg sovhorizonbumpsyv2.th.jpg tridentspindersriftrz0.th.jpg warbirdadanatb3.th.jpg

legacyco0.jpg

Aftermath Add-on Pack B is now ready for download!

The pack is alot larger than expected but it not too big of download, only 20mb. What you get is 6 lots of ship textures (4 new, 2 updated), 4 lots of maps (3 new, 1 revision) and new in-game interface elements. This pack contains some textures that are tied to the Pack A release so its best to have this installed onto an Aftermath install with Pack A already installed.

The texture work. First the two texture updates are for Pack A's Sovereign and Akira, they get new bumps. Now for all the new textures. We got a new Federation Defiant and Intrepid (Intrepid getting new bumps and specs from Max Loef and Trekky respectively), then you got the pair of Romulan ships the Warbird and Heavy Defender.

You also get the first look at how our in-game interface is starting to shape up with new phaser and photon reticles along with a new radar element too.

Now for the maps, you get 4 with 1 being a map revision. The map revision is for Tygosia, it had lighting adjustments and a few other bits of work done to it. The new maps are Ardana, Orion Nebula and Ortegga. Ardana and Orion Nebula are from Max Loef and are both 4 player maps. Ortegga is a special prototype map that supports 8 players. Ortegga will be in a future add-on pack too. All 4 maps are available in the Death Match mode.

Currently, Pack B is only available at our site but will be available at ModDB, Legacy Files and all our other affiliates over the coming week. Just head to the downloads section of the Aftermath home site to pick up Pack B. Remember no need to log in to be able to download.

Aftermath Main Site (head to downloads for Add-on Pack B )

akirawithbumpssu3.th.jpg hdhorizonzf4.th.jpg hypurialent3ja1.th.jpg orion1tp2.th.jpg ortegga1os5.th.jpg sovhorizonbumpsxb4.th.jpg tjdefiantyispenzz7.th.jpg warbirdadananm4.th.jpg

Aftermath promo time, didnt show last weeks promo but all that means you get more shots this week promo. Great for some, not so great for others lol... Have a new monitor though so all promo from now on be in widescreen resolution. Videos too, they will be in widescreen too when I fix them up. Though spellcheck would be more usefull as my spelling has gone to the s**thouse already and not even finished the first paragraph :lol:

Onto the promo, work wise things are moving along. The odf work we had going for TOS/TMP is nearing completion which is good then we will find more stuff to work on odf wise; we have a list we going through :lol: All the odf work is being done by Dontdrunk taking over from Barihawk while he takes some time off. Texture work is going great and at a steady pace, new ships they are nearing completion but they are also being tied in with the odf work so most likely they will end up in Pack D and not C. The AI project is starting to build up, though that one is a definite 09 release. There are also new projects being picked up lately such as asteroid work by Skeeter which has been progressing well, he working on both normals and the ice ones. Shields have been looked into, early days on that one but you will start seeing that progress next year. Both dontdrunk and myself had started work on the new One on One mass overhaul and started was about as far as we got :lol: ... That was the major code work, it was to be a contest entrant but we just cant be stuffed working on it, its alot of code (around 35000+ lines of code...). Plus we wouldnt been able to get it finished in time as the contests are over this weekend. Eventaully we will finish it.

Pack C, that will be out within a 10day time frame. Time frames between Pack B and C are really short as B was ready a week before it actually came out but due to technical difficulties we couldnt put it out till December. The major bits with Pack C are the ENT Klingon work done initially by IKS then further worked on in-house, today we showing off the Predator and K30. The Klingon ENT's have a more industrial and rugged look to them, sort of dirty/grimy look. The Predator shots are from last week, the K30 shots have a little bit of fun thrown in them, santa hats :lol: . As its christmas we putting abit of fun intothe promo by putting santa hats on our logo. It looks funny but dont get worried or anything like that, the santa hats wont be in Pack C.

k30yispenjn3.th.jpg k30sianta8.th.jpg predatoryispenvz6.th.jpg predatoryispen2cy1.th.jpg

Early Christmas presents!! All 23mb of it :lol:

legacypackcwl6.jpg

An early Christmas present for everyone, Aftermath Add-on Pack C is now ready for download!!

Our largest add-on yet (they keep getting bigger), Pack C contains alot of new material to enter Aftermath. First up we have the first extensive overhaul of the ships starting with the TOS/TMP era's for all races. These changes not only affect all ships of that era, but also their weaponry has changed to provide a more challanging yet balanced battles throughout all areas of Aftermath.

Another new area introduced into Aftermath are new ships. Yes finally after well over a year we will start putting ships into Aftermath. All the ships that get placed in will come from Max Loef and will be fine tuned by Dontdrunkimshoot so they fit properly into Aftermath. For the first new additions, we have the Constant, Curry and Trident class ships available. Also included are model updates for the Proxima Refit, Miranda Refit and Akyazi class ships.

Our ENT era Klingons also got a new coat of paint too, they now look more industrial/grime warlike look to them which is a better representation of the Klingon race of that time. The Klingon ENT project are from IKS Yo Mama and were further enhanced in-house. Last of all we have one new Death Match map, Hypurial.

From everyone at Aftermath, have a happy and safe Christmas and New Years.

Our last major promo for the year, so get your reading glasses out as we outlining our plan for 09 :D

On to promo now, we know Pack C has only been out for a minute but we are already well into development of Pack D. As in a previous news posting, we mentioned we had at least 3 packs on the table before Pack C came out. We roughly have the next 8 packs planned out, going by current limitations of one pack per month, during special occasions we may drop two packs per month. We have put in a new size limit to our packs-no more than 25mb. As our dev bank is building up (we have introduced a dev bank to our modding cycle, all content we make gets put 'in holding' and only gets released in small amounts allowing us to take time off whenever and however long we want and still be able to put packs out). Its a clever way of us being lazy :lol:

Now with Pack D we will be having 3 download options. As D becomes our fourth add-on, that sees a recompile of 2.0 that includes all packs released bundled in with our last major release. At this stage, I not sure if it will be called 'Aftermath 2.0+ (A-D)' or just call it 'Aftermath (Jan 09 Build)'. Thats two of the downloads covered, the third being all four packs bundled up into the one pack. So there will be the small (Pack D on its own), medium (Packs A-D) and large (2.0 with all add-ons) downloads. We will have all our bases covered.

For the new year too, we will open up our media packs again. Media packs will consist of themed wallpaper packs of roughly 10-15 shots each. Also beginning top of 09 is our video downloads will start up again. As the online video players lose alot of quality, we will be offering the option of downloads of all promo videos beginning January 09. Every now and then we will put up a 'throwback' video download (the option of downloading a promo video from 08 ).

Something else we touched briefly on in an interview with Legacy Files and throughout the dev cycle of 1.9/2.0 was the 'showcase' application of Ascension. This feature of the Ascension interface system is the most elaborate interface concept ever created for Legacy and will take a long time to make (I being the only person that works on it). The application is capable of doing in-game promo which will also extend to online promo. Next year the Ascension interface system starts to pick up speed. From a PR perspective, the showcase application is a very powerful tool for Legacy (in regards to actual PR usage). Alot of the modes next year will be running under ascension applications. One on One being the biggest pain in the ass of the lot...

Scripting returns next year. Our main scripters took the last 4months of the year off this year so that will be an area that returns next year just dont ask when :lol: . But in the meantime, we will be building up the amount of people that can script on Aftermath by most likely two-fold (from 3 to 6 people capable of scripting). Scripting is the most vulnerable area in Aftermath, as we will be losing scripters next year we need to make sure the rest of the team is capable of script based work. Plus the more people capable of scripting the better for all of Legacy and not just Aftermath (more people capable of helping others).

Texture based work we will have alot of that going on next year starting with the second mass texture work ever done for Aftermath (first being the Borg textures done this year). The TOS Fed ships will all be coming in for texture work. The other races too will be coming in at various times. The ultimate goal is to have Aftermath different in appearance to all the other Legacy mods from interface down to ships and weaponry. Leading on from that graphics will be a major area of work for 09 too.

AI is currently well in development and 09 will see the first introduction of a new AI system for Legacy. This new system is being developed from scratch and is another major project. The goal with that is to have the most advanced, in-depth and customized AI system ever created for Legacy. Its an area we are taking our time with as every aspect of Aftermath will be affected by it (aka extensive testing...). This new system will also be script friendly as throughout this year we have learnt how to mandate AI in script (having more control over erratic AI behavior in the scripting environment). We have had trial runs of this throughout the year with early builds of our Wrath of Khan and One on One missions.

Other areas in brief are we may be introducing some new races next year. That is still in very early days but we will know more on that as it happens. Ships, more will be coming in from Max and fine tuned by Dontdrunk. Maps, as usual there will be more of them. More balancing will be happening as we find more and more things we can do. We have TNG overhauls planned as well as more mass changes to all artillery.

So for next year we will be looking at new beta testers and look at bringing in some new team members. As a parting gift, here are some shots of the Federation Refit that will be in Pack D. It did have 3 nacelles to start with but one of them sort of went missing :D . But for now thats pretty much it from us for the year. Everyone have a good, fun and most importantly safe new years celebrations and we will see everyone again in 09.

fedrefitorteggaom0.th.jpg fedrefitortegga3rc5.th.jpg fedrefitortegga2wm5.th.jpg

aftermathnewlogogo3.jpg

Welcome to a new year for Aftermath. This year, Aftermath enters a new phase. Throughout the year you will see Aftermath make a shift to more darker themes which will be found throughout the mod in areas like maps, ships, missions and more. Aftermath is now coming into its second year of development and we have many surprises in store.

Beginning with January, we have Add-on Pack D coming out at the end of the month. Also we have the first recompile of Aftermath 2.0 that will include all the add-on packs released since late last year (Add-on Packs A-D). Apart from the normal mod downloads, we will start introducing media based downloads throughout 2009 too. You will be able to download videos, picture packs and wallpapers from the downloads area. There may be other special downloads throughout the year too.

With new maps, ships, missions, textures and more to come for 09, this will be one massive year for Aftermath. Aftermath enters its third major phase this year. The first phase brought a new dimension to Legacy. The second phase revolutionized Legacy. The third is set to transform Legacy into something completely different. With the most darkest themed content entering development, new areas of modding will be introduced to portray new emotions such as humiliation, defeat, deceit. aggression and revenge. The cookie-cutter approach to missions will be thrown out the window. That stuff will be kept for the Historical missions. We will be introducing some of the most darkest material created for ST games

This year, Aftermath shifts into darker territory. We also have a surprise in store for later in the year...

------------

This was the main news post that is up at Legacy Files, but since we put it up we have had more team members sign up.

We have introduced a total of 3 new permanent members and lined up another affiliate member (more on the affiliate member later on) and a new partnership with another mod team. Our new team members are Acidfluxxbass, J Picard from Team Exxperience and Fireball (our second dedicated ship modeler). Not only do we have two new team members, but we have started a partnership with the mod team 'Team Exxperience' (creates mods for Legacy and Bridge Commander). The partnership will see the two teams work with each other in development of Aftermath and TE based projects, resource sharing and training in areas of Legacy modding. We have found these partnerships in the past beneficial to all. Our previous partnerships include OEM, New Gen and the TLG modding teams. Content made by Acidfluxxbass, J Picard and Fireball will start to filter out starting with Add-on Pack D. With Fireball's work, that will come later in the year maybe sometime after February.

But we have alot of things up our sleeves for this year and big surprises ;)

adelphin1pk8.th.jpg adelphin2mc5.th.jpg adelphin3ik9.th.jpg glancermasonite2fv5.th.jpg glancermasonitewq6.th.jpg tosboparmidus2nb2.th.jpg tosboparmidushq7.th.jpg

Back to our weekly promo. There wont be much content in Pack D as opposed to our other packs at this stage as everyone is working on things for later in the year. At moment all we got lined up for Pack D are two maps, two retextures and thats all. We have shown other ships but at this stage they are not fully incorporated into Aftermath and we also still deciding on where exactly they will be too (the ships may not even be for Federation even though they are Fed design ships. More on that at a later date). Might put the Glancer and Belknap in for Pack D. We actually have a fair bit of work that has been sent in that hasn't been placed into Aftermath (maps, ships, more Terrans). We also have the 2.0 recompile and we wont be putting much into Pack D for that reason.

There are a few internal things going on, making sure the entire team is up to speed on where everything is going and making sure everyone is where they need to be in order to get started for the year. Just the general 'foot up the bum' routine :lol: . We got a big year ahead of us and doubt has kicked in already :lol: !!

Whats on show today, not much... We have the second map for Pack D by Acidfluxxbass called Esphexis. Its a 5 player DM map and best dont pick ENT era to play in. Ships go bang pretty quick if you not careful as I found out. Poor BoP, didnt stand a chance in hell in getting to the other end of the map. even TNG era ships arent safe. Nacelles, weapons systems and more all go missing too. It a tough map to play on. With maneuverability a key deciding factor in survival, you need to be one step ahead or you soon find your ships drop like flies.

Something else on show is our new look for the Klingon Stinger, this one was done in house. She looks far more formidable than the stock counterpart. Ready for war looks, hardened and more sinister image. The shadows really set her off nicely now too portray a more darker toned ship.

esphexismaptb6.th.jpg esphexisentromhw1.th.jpg stalkerarmidus2yd2.th.jpg stalkerarmidus3jm1.th.jpg

Another week and some more promo. We will be pushing back the release for Pack D/2.0 recompile till February due to technical difficulties again... Though there is a chance Pack D will be out within a few days but we are going to wait and see how big Pack D will be before that decision is made. Though definitely the recompile of 2.0 comes out either 1st or 2nd February.

Pack D, this will probably be the last promo for it before its release promo. What we have today are shots of our new Negh Var and Fortunate class ships aswell as a special showing of our Terran Minuteman (by IKS). The Minuteman is one of three new Terran ships we have in Pack D. The Fortunate class now looks more like an ENT era ship with its updated textures.

Once Pack D is out, things will be quiet promo wise for the next couple weeks as I have a brutal schedule on. Between work, birthdays and other things, Summer is always pretty full on for me. We will still have a pack for February though. For those that live in the top half of the world, enjoy your freezing cold winter :P

fortunatearmidus2kh9.th.jpg nvarsian4eq0.th.jpg nvarsian5av5.th.jpg tminutemansian2kb4.th.jpg tminutemansian3oa1.th.jpg

Presents for you people, Pack D.

legacy_pack_d.jpg

Add-on Pack D is now ready to download!!

In Pack D, we have two new maps from one of our new team members, Fluxx. The two maps are Adelphin and Esphexis both available in Death Match. The maps are for 4 and 5 players respectively. We also have three new Terran ships from IKS Yo Mama, they are a Terran Discovery, Terran Minuteman and Terran Daedalus. All three ships have their own stats but still share the normal Federation registries at this point in time. We also have four ship retextures in too. We have a new Klingon Negh Var and Stalker, Federation Y/Fortunate and Romulan TOS Bird of Prey textures. Also contained are a few file fixes within the One on One modes and our Read me files.

Now we have said Pack D wont be as large as the other two packs as we have the recompile and the 4 packs in 1 download coming. You get Pack D today, maybe tomorrow or next day after that the Packs A-D download will be ready (its ready now, just not up on our site). The 2.0 recompile comes out in February. February will be a big month for Aftermath as we will have 3 releases out. First being the 2.0 recompile which will be out either 1st or 2nd of February, then you have Pack E at the end of February but we will also have another add-on out mid February. We may call it the next Pack name or give it a seperate name. Either way your getting a recompile and two add-on packs for February.

tosboparmidusdn1.th.jpg tminutemansian3da0.th.jpg stalkerarmidus2ri0.th.jpg nvarsian4ip9.th.jpg fortunatearmidus2yj1.th.jpg esphexisentromwp8.th.jpg daedalusgk4.th.jpg adelphin1ng0.th.jpg