LOMAC: Your Opinion

LOMAC, Is It Good?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. LOMAC, Is It Good?

• Yes LOMAC is good
    • Its Alright, Ive Seen Beter CFS's
    • No I i HATE IS AND IT MUST BURN XD!!

Hi,

Im New to the forum and have just Order LOMAC off Play.com. Do you think its wor the money i paid for it?

I think LOMAC is at the moment best sim, but only minus is that there are only about 6 flyable aircrafts.

BTW, it s worth... you should buy it...

Edited by maverickHR

I'd still recommend it, though work is trying to break the limitations down with the Carrier Ops mod that a team is working on, it's listed in my sig.

Its pretty hard. you will have to spent a lot of time reading manuals and stuff. still its in the top of its league and its a far more realistic experience than you would get from playing WOE (like i do).

LOMAC sits between TK's sims and Falcon 4 in terms of difficulty. Unless you fly the Su-25T in the Flaming Cliffs addon, as that's closer to F4.

I bought the game new for $40 on release, and bought FC new for whatever it was on release. $25 I think from Natural Point? Anyway, all these years later I've not regretted it one bit. I've got more hours in it than any other sim in this century except maybe Il-2. Certainly more than F4 or any single TK sim, although if you combine them all TK may have the edge. :unsure:

kool looks like its worth the money, i oredered it and it should arrive on thursday or Friday Britishtime i also bought a Joystick so its kk i didnt buy Flaming Cliffs though

Hey, what are the general PC requirements for LOMAC? I've had three PCs that couldn't take it.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I ran it on everything from an 1800 Athlon to my dual core Intel at 3.0ghz. The trick is to have at least a 128mb vid card and 2 gigs of RAM. The older the machine, the less eye candy you can turn on.

So uh, as long as I meet those, It wouldn't be suicide to put it on a Laptop?

So uh, as long as I meet those, It wouldn't be suicide to put it on a Laptop?

You'll need a dedicated video card in that laptop. A couple of our guys have laptops as second computers and even if they're close in specs to their desktops, the lappies don't run LOMAC as well.

i have alredy bought a joystick but What ones do you guys have (pics plz)

heres a template if u need it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Joystick:

Picture:

Bought For:

Linnk (Optional):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Joystick: Trust GM 2500

Picture:14894f.jpg

Bought For:£13.99 (Free Delivery)

Link:Link to Play page GM 2500

Yes, I would say it's good.

I will not fall over myself like some folks in calling it the greatest flight sim ever developed.

The simple fact is I have it and it is probably one of my least played sims. Just gets OLD after a while.

i have alredy bought a joystick but What ones do you guys have (pics plz)

heres a template if u need it

My Joystick:

Picture:

Bought For:

Linnk (Optional):

My Joystick: Trust GM 2500

Picture:14894f.jpg

Bought For:£13.99 (Free Delivery)

Link:Link to Play page GM 2500

Click sig. Purchased Fighterstick & Pro Throttle from www.provantage.com Pro Pedals were a gift from ....somewhere. Had those first- completed my kit after getting sick of replacing Saiteks

Quite simply, if the laptop has a video chip with full DX8/9/10 compliance it should run. Performance may vary. :grin:

However, if it's an Intel integrated video chip, whatever the designation, good chance you'll get artifacting and weirdness and maybe lock ups.

Quite simply, if the laptop has a video chip with full DX8/9/10 compliance it should run. Performance may vary. :grin:

However, if it's an Intel integrated video chip, whatever the designation, good chance you'll get artifacting and weirdness and maybe lock ups.

I can't get past the lack of a good manual, and the atrocious keyb command system

I can't get past the lack of a good manual, and the atrocious keyb command system

I'm with ya on the manual- mediocre at best. But ya gotta put all that crap somewhere, and most of us use a HOTAS, anyway.

Do you mean the printed manual, or the PDF in the directory? That PDF is pretty good, and the one that came with FC is even better, like 250 pages.

As for the key commands, like the menus, I think it's a Russian thing. Il-2 is a different developer and suffers the same problem. It's like Russian programmers can't build a good UI.

WHoo i got LOMAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... but it downt work :*( i got it installed it with Direct X 9.0.b like it asked and its really laaggy and the cockpits black so i cnt c sh*t!

please help me sumbody

Depends on the individual. Had a good time with LOMAC, only if it would be less restrictive on modding compared to some others. Oh well, there is DCS to look at.

Edited by kct

LOMAC is probably my favorite modern air combat sim, and in my opinion I feel that it's a pretty good choice. It's challenging, has an incredibly high learning curve, yes, but it's also the most realistic and intense flight simulator you're can have on your computer. I can't truthfully say it will teach you how to fly a real Su-27, or a real F-15, but it will put you through all of the same paces in an extremely in-depth manner. Unless you have the "easy" difficulty setting on, which includes unlimited ammunition and invincibility (and believe me, you will want this at the start of your career unless you really know what you're doing), you'll quickly find that just because you're a human player doesn't mean the AI and situations you meet them in are just going to let you win.

Oh, and it's also fun. That too.

On another note, in response to some other comments, I would rather a sim look at a moderate number of aircraft in a detailed fashion than a large number of aircraft with only a a slight variance in each 'plane's operation. Lock On may not be a jack of all trades, but it is a master at what it does.