Sign in to follow this  

I think there is a little design problem. I can't trim the plane. Is there a patch?

There is no design problem, and there is no trim. Although, I read somewhere here that there is a way to assign the keyboard keys to the control config screen for pitch, roll, and yaw, and use them as a sort of trim.

Grrr....after searching and searching over at SimHQ I still can't located this thread, anyone have a working link, sounds like exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

Fortunately I saved the page some time back, originally posted by GeckoInf at Sim-HQ.

P.S love the 'London Calling' pic

I have been away from SF/WOV for a while and have recently decided to return to it. I also quickly remembered that I really disliked a lack of trim when first trying it. For some reason or another I went checking again if trim is possible, and I think I found a solution. I appologize if this solution has been presented before (a quick search didn't find it).

This solution works for those who do not use keyboard for pitch controls (duh ;\) ) and does not depend on the make of joystick. It is really simple. Go to your control file (the default file is in the Controls directory and is called Default.INI). Scroll down and find the [RangedControl001] set of parameters. The entry you are looking for is SelfCenterRate. This entry says how quickly keyboard control inputs return to 0 after keys are released. Bingo, setting this to 0 such that

SelfCenterRate=0.000000

means that if you now press the pitch controls (arrow keys by default) they will stick in the position inputed. Nevertheless there's still joystick control available on top of this, so the overall effect is very much like trim. At the same time you will probably want to alter KeyControlRate to a lower value to give finer trim control.

I hope this was of some use to anyone.

Skippy bing..........you just made my day :clapping::good::ok:

I cant wait to get home and try this out.

Most towns and cities have places you can go to get trim if you ask around discreetly. The cost varies.

Most towns and cities have places you can go to get trim if you ask around discreetly. The cost varies.

In some towns and cities you don't have to be discreet, Hull springs to mind.

As does the quality.