Sign in to follow this  
fng2k

The New Europe Map Is Now Available For Download

Keith Bedford and I are very pleased to announce that the Europe map we've been adapting from European Air wars is now available.

This map includes about 120 cities and 30 airbases, covering an area of roughly 1280 x 640 kilometers as shown here:

Europe_EAWmap2.jpg

It includes detailed briefing maps by Keith Bedford:

EAWEuro15C.jpg

This package also includes five different seasonal tile sets made by some of the most talented EAW fans. Any season can be easily selected by the user via desktop shortcuts.

This map can be used for instant and single missions. We hope that some of the many talented SF:P1 missioneers will be inspired to create new campaigns for this very complex time and place.

More info and pictures can be found here:

http://www.simwarrior.com/sfp1/terrain.html

This project was made possible by the skill of TK's original MicroProse EAW team, his new SF:P1 Terrain Editor, talented EAW fans, and some very clever conversion utilities by Keith. It is a beautifully detailed map, and we hope that your enjoyment of it is equal only to the amount of sleep we lost bringing to you... ;)

Honor those who serve.

fng2k

Keith Bedford

great work...the land looks fantastic..a couple of things i noticed...in a CAS mission targets were in the water and I had a"thing"show up(for lack of a better word)...but the terrain is AWSOME!!

post-28-1065405081.jpg

I'm extremely impressed!

I'm not seeing runways.........issue?

Edit: Not anymore. Installer didn't do the xcopy for the desert.cat file. Corrected. but, there might be a problem as illustrated below.....

Dance of the Lemmings.....

sfp1eaw_1.JPG

This C130 is going to have a tough time taxiing.....

sfp1eaw_2.JPG

I'm not seeing any airbases either. I love the geography though. Good work.

Copy the desert.cat file into the EAWEuro folder and rename it to EAWEuro.cat. The installer didn't do the copy ....

Hi Guys-

Sorry for the little bugs. :o I've started a thread over at SimHQ for bug reports and fixes

I sse you guys have figured out the EWAWEuro.cat issue. I've already got a fix ready for most of the other issues. pribably have a small updat pack in a week or so depending on what else emerges...

Glad you're having fun!

cheers

fng

Awesome job,Thank you very much. Is it possible to post a list of cities and air bases along with their coordinates so I can do some custom missions,pretty please.

Hi Porcupine-

Look in your Strike Fighters\terrain\EAWEuro folder for a file named EAWEuro_ColdWar_cities.ini. This contains all the cities and airbases, and their coords.

But even better:

Watch this link for a snazzy zoomable waypoint plotter that Deuces is making using Sal's source code and Keith's maps. All the cities/airfields are shown there, too.

http://www.sfmods.com/clips/euromp.html

All known bugs will be resolved by this weekend. B)

cheers

fng

Thanks fng2k, that link with the waypoint plotter and list of targets is beautiful and handy. Porcupine