Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Xbox Live Call of Duty 4 Players?

I originally posted this under the game console thread. In case you don't know, it's a dead thread :wink:

Curious who is playing? Want to play? Post your live name here.

So far, we have:

HAWK MMS: Hawk MMS, First Prestige, Level 48

JA 37 VIGGEN: JA 37 VIGGEN, Third Prestige, Level 48

Triplethr3at: Unit296, Level 55

If you see me up on XBox Live, I'm NitrousPath (can't really remember if the "N" and / or "P" is capitalized). Apparently, someone took my serverandenforcer screen name when I registered.

I figure most people here play the PC version. So sure list your stats if you like.

Question to anyone.... Which do you prefer console version or PC and why?

console because the game is more oriented for the console. plus, i can't control movements that well with a mouse as to using a game controler (and i've tried the game controllers for the pc - just doesn't cut it). and.... a friend of mine worked on the animations for COD4 and he even said that it's better for the console than the pc.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I remember Rainbow 6 when it first came out for PC in 1998. Crap that was 10 years ago (feeling the burn of age). The mouse thing was awkward for me then. I also enjoy running it through my 42" plasma and home stereo :clapping:

Favorite Map?

For me is the creek and back lot

Favorite set up?

Dragonev sniper with claymores, stopping power, breathing

or

M16 with acog, claymores, stopping power and steady aim

I hate the scorpion, G3 and the map that is like a eastern european bombed city.

I don't get it...how can a controller where you aim with your thumb be better than a mouse where you get the precision of your entire hand? Ever since 1994 I've been playing FPS games with a mouse and I find it 10x more precise than that overshooting I get when aiming with a gamepad.

Of course, to compensate many console games make it far easier to aim via "autoaim" or larger hitboxes or something. On PC FPS you're usually forced to actually HIT the target yourself, which is quite hard without a decent mouse, of course.

Of course, to compensate many console games make it far easier to aim via "autoaim" or larger hitboxes or something. On PC FPS you're usually forced to actually HIT the target yourself, which is quite hard without a decent mouse, of course.

That's why I like controllers :biggrin: I always sucked with the mouse 'cause when I turn to aim at the target, I over do it and I have to do these series of corrections. However, before I can even get to the series of corrections, the other guy, my target (who obviously has mad skills with the mouse), has already fired at me and I respawn to die another round.

Regarding weapons:

M16A4/M1911(silenced) with AN/PVQ-31 ACOG Scope

M14/Desert Eagle with NcStar D4B Red Dot Sight

MP5SD6/R700

RPD/USP with NcStar D4B RDS and Digital Camo

M82/Desert Eagle

Regarding Controllers vs. Mouse: Controllers (especially the Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers) are meant for shooting, mouses are meant for clicking and scrolling.

um...i play PS3 (dont kill me cause it's not XBOX just lots of buddies from work play on PS3) and the whole "AN/PVQ-31 ACOG" must be for the XBOX, all i ever see is "ACOG"...or MP5SD6....it's just MP5....but another question< the one i actually meant to write about, for the Desert Eagle, you can get the Red Dot Sight? no lie...if i got that, that would be the cats a**. <----nevermind....i misread what was typed:EDIT

EDIT:EDIT by the way if any PS3 players read it... GodSaveTheUSA73

Edited by GodSaveTheUSA73

RPD with red dot sight

silenced hand gun(dont realy care which one as long as its silenced)

Multitap (faster bullets)

Bandalier

Deep impact

Thats the only format Ive used in a long time so im supper accurate with the RPD (even tho i only use m thumbs)

I also realy like my RPGs but u cant hit sh!t with those things. You just kinda shoot and pray it hits something

um...i play PS3 (dont kill me cause it's not XBOX just lots of buddies from work play on PS3) and the whole "AN/PVQ-31 ACOG" must be for the XBOX, all i ever see is "ACOG"...or MP5SD6....it's just MP5....

It still says Red Dot Sight or ACOG on the 360, but thats too general for me.

[DT]DougGregglass on x-box live. I'm still level 55.

I don't have a favorite set-up. I change it up depending on the map. Lately, though, been a big fan of the M4 w/ red dot, shotgun, and claymores.

Edited by malibu43

this time around i've been using a lot more sniper rifles...

usually like this:

G-36c RDS*

M21/Barret .50, no ACOG

Claymores

Overkill

Martyrdom

*i usually get all the marksman in one gun and move on to the next...so right now...working with Skorpion, which is a piece.

Flyingchipmunk0

lvl... i forget 2nd prestige..look me up i'll be on tonight