Sooo... The F-22 RWR system doesn't warn you if there is a missile headed your way. As I remember, it has to do something with the radar cross section being 0. The problem I am having is finding the catigory that will let me change that. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is called, or even better! Is there anyother way that I can get the RWR system to warn me if theres a missile headed up my tail pipe.

Sooo... The F-22 RWR system doesn't warn you if there is a missile headed your way. As I remember, it has to do something with the radar cross section being 0. The problem I am having is finding the catigory that will let me change that. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is called, or even better! Is there anyother way that I can get the RWR system to warn me if theres a missile headed up my tail pipe.

BaseRCSModifier IIRC. I think its set way too low, something like -0.000001 which makes it invisible rather than stealthy. Try -0.1 or -0.05.

Right, which file is that under? avionics, data? thanks for the help BTW.

Data file. No prob!

Awesome, again thx for the help, this can be closed down if needed.

Let us know how it works. I haven't played around with RCS much (haven't worked on many stealthy planes).

Its amazing, got the RWR working and didn't have a single missile shot at me, still stealthy and I know if someone shot a heat seeker at me. so -.05 works awesome!

Its amazing, got the RWR working and didn't have a single missile shot at me, still stealthy and I know if someone shot a heat seeker at me. so -.05 works awesome!

Cool! In theory, that should make your radar cross section 5% of a normal aircraft the same size as the F-22, which is probably accurate.

The RWR does not warn you in the case of an IRM being sent your way. It is, afterall, a Radar Warning Reciever, and an IRM is completely passive (it simply homes in on your heat signature). You are simply being painted by an enemy's radar, because he acquired you visually, but cannot get enough of a radar return off your ac to guide a SAHM or AHM.

Stealth is all or nothing in this series, unless its been fixed in the latest WoI patch., so setting the RCS value above a minus value will make you visible to every radar in-game, irregardless of your range from the unit. Setting it to a negative value will make you invisible to all radar, and it makes no difference if you decide to use -0.00000000001 or -0.9999999999 for a stated value.

Setting the "MaxVisibleDistance" to 2000-3000 will probably give you a somewhat more reasonable approximation of the real aircraft's low-observable characteristics, as the enemy AI will not spot you, nor will their controller, until you are inside of that that range (even at night). Admittedly, its a bit of a cheat, but even in RL, stealth technology is best employed in low-light conditions.

Alright, the point is that I have the RWR system now. Before nothing would show up at all.

Because nothing would see you, which is the purpose of sealth, to begin with :biggrin: