Sign in to follow this  
Fates

What do you Drive?

I've had this one since High-School. New paint, interior (leather), motor and tranny.

elkie.jpg

My work truck.

gmctruck.jpg

My old work truck.

big_o.jpg

'91 BMW 325i M-tech II

bmw412.jpg

bmw2557.jpg

just a question to all the US mostertruck driver... do u use it daily?! here in EU is nobody who would use such a "car/truck" as a daily ride....

would be cool to drive this one but I don`t want to pay the fuel

Well, if you can afford it, yes. It's almost always more expensive (with insurance) to own a second car as a gas-sipper vs just using a single truck. Typically where you see such vehicles are cities with lots of agriculture industries around, lots of small business owners (trucks are EXTREMELY useful for that), etc. Where Vampyre took that picture for instance, that particular city I'd say trucks outnumber all other vehicles combined...but that particular city has a LOT of ranches, construction, etc. You wouldn't drive such a vehicle regularly in a city like New York, Boston, etc.

Trucks are very useful at times...I couldn't live without mine for about 2 years after we moved. We found we were constantly using it for stuff where nothing else would work.

FastCargo

Well, if you can afford it, yes. It's almost always more expensive (with insurance) to own a second car as a gas-sipper vs just using a single truck. Typically where you see such vehicles are cities with lots of agriculture industries around, lots of small business owners (trucks are EXTREMELY useful for that), etc. Where Vampyre took that picture for instance, that particular city I'd say trucks outnumber all other vehicles combined...but that particular city has a LOT of ranches, construction, etc. You wouldn't drive such a vehicle regularly in a city like New York, Boston, etc.

Trucks are very useful at times...I couldn't live without mine for about 2 years after we moved. We found we were constantly using it for stuff where nothing else would work.

FastCargo

It's the same here, trucks and utilitys out number normal cars here at least 2-1.I can thank BHP for that.I must say I'm a little more cautious because of them having their bull bars where my window is

I currently drive a blue 1980 Corvette L-82 (1995 to present) to work every day and the family car is a gold 2005 Altima 2.5S (2005 to present).

I previously drove a mahogany 1980 Corvette L-82 (Jan 1993 to Sep 1993, totaled by a kid in a red Camaro that hit me head on).

Before that a blue 1980 Corvette L-48 (stock engine, Jul 1991 to Sep 1991, totaled when I lost control on an exit ramp).

All three Corvettes were purchased during my 8 years in the Navy (1989 to 1997).

Prior to the Navy I drove a 1974 Firebird Formula 350 (in picture, 1988 to 1989, sold it after getting first Corvette)

Prior to that a 1975 Firebird Espirit (not shown, I have no photos of that one, 1986 to 1988, drove it until the engine gave out and traded it in for next Firebird).

In high school, I drove my parents Ford Econoline 150 van (351 Cleveland, 1984 to 1986).

So, until I bought the Altima, I have never owned or regularly driven a car that wasn't a rear wheel drive American V-8 5.7 liter.

carsgm9.jpg

Edited by streakeagle

1993 ford ranger....and just bought(not runnin yet) a 76' Honda CB750....pics to come

A Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi, 2007 model.

Swift_1.jpg

Swift_2.jpg

Small car, small engine(1.3L) but great fun to drive, specially in crowded areas , dodging crazy drivers of bikes, autorickshaws, handcarts and the occasional cow or a buffalo :biggrin: . Got Airbags, ABS, Alloy Wheels, Automatic Climate Control among other goodies. Good mileage too.....16-18 Kmpl on the highway.

The bike (pic below) for me atleast is the best option with gas prices being what they are and I get to park her by the curb for FREE in downtown Toronto (where I work), plus get to blow away any POS on four wheels :biggrin:

As for driving I unfortunately drive a piece of crap 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ with :-

3.6L V6 with variable valve timing

6-speed automatic transmission with tap-up/tap-down driver shift controls

Dual chrome-tipped exhaust

Heated front bucket seats with 2-tone leather-appointed seating surfaces

Power 8-way driver's seat adjuster and power 6-way passenger seat adjuster

Automatic electronic climate control

Uplevel instrument cluster

210-watt 8-speaker enhanced sound system

XM Satellite Radio

18" ultra-bright aluminum wheels

post-21253-1220694621_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atreides

:grandpa: All you guys on bikes , be carefull out there! We had ANOTHER kid get killed where I work after the KISS concert last week. He was doin a wheelie, lost control at about 35=40 mph. Both him AND his girlfriend were thrown off the bike, he hit a big boulder then a tree, she just hit the tree. He was pronounced dead at the makeshift helipad, she regained conciousness while being airlifted out but due to major head injuries she could not speak. :grandpa:

Well it's not riding bikes that is dangerous, it's people doing reckless things. Like the people weaving around and between traffic. The other day I'm doing to change lanes, I have a bike behind me. I put my signal on well before going, check my blind spots then start shifting right. The moron decided to go around me to my right just when I started changing lanes. Nearly sent him flying into the trees.

I'm currently driving nothing. Thursday, my car died. We rescussitated it long enough to get home, but beyond that, who knows? Battery died. Me and a cop had to push it away from just in front of a traffic light so people could get by. Since I was on an exit ramp from the highway, I was stuck in this no-mans-land where AAA couldn't help because of their contract only allows regular roads. State police couldn't help because I wasn't on the highway :diablo: 3 hours of solar cooking later, my father had managed to get down to where I was, tried jumpstarting it, but the car died as soon as the cables were taken off. He went an bought a new battery while I waited for the state police who were supposed to show up. New battery got me back home, but we're pretty sure the alternator is screwed up.

My current everyday ride. With gas prices, I'm fortunate to only have a 5mi commute :yes:

myfj.jpg

A green Opel Agila 1.0 2003.

Perfect for the city with it's compact size but have a good capacity.

More than 20Km with a litre :biggrin: .

I drove a 1998 Subaru Forester, but Charlottesville's laws prohibit first-years at the university from driving within the city limits.

heres my honorable mention. i had to get rid of it sadly tho due to the cost of gas, and i needed something with more interior space. but man i loved this truck to death. 2002 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab 4x4. Metallic Graphite paint. looked really good when it was clean.

DSCF0104.jpg

:grandpa: All you guys on bikes , be carefull out there! We had ANOTHER kid get killed where I work after the KISS concert last week. He was doin a wheelie, lost control at about 35=40 mph. Both him AND his girlfriend were thrown off the bike, he hit a big boulder then a tree, she just hit the tree. He was pronounced dead at the makeshift helipad, she regained conciousness while being airlifted out but due to major head injuries she could not speak. :grandpa:

Agreed. There are way too many novice young riders on sport bikes doing stupid things. Me, I just ride and race my other bike on the race track and do my speeding there. If I did moronic stuff on the street its not the cops or other cars I have to worry about, its my wife I really would have to be worried about.

EDIT:- Cause my wife would kill me if I survived doing stupied stuff. :)

Edited by Atreides

I drove a 1998 Subaru Forester, but Charlottesville's laws prohibit first-years at the university from driving within the city limits.

uhhh,,,what?

They don't let freshmen college students drive in the city. That would have completely eliminated them off my list of choices of a university.

They don't let freshmen college students drive in the city. That would have completely eliminated them off my list of choices of a university.

UVa will bend the rules a little for student athletes (a category I kinda fall in) so that first-years (it's a UVa thing) can bring their cars. But any where you can't get to on your feet here you can to by bus for free.

plus get to blow away any POS on four wheels :biggrin:

Yeah! Two wheels or no wheels!

@Gwar: Not every motorcyclist is one to do wheelies with their girlfriend on the back.

I don't any pics of my current car so here is my old car, unfortunately it was sold to bail someone out of jail.

1983 El Camino

picture001xk7.jpg

picture002rw6.jpg

I had this madcap friend who tried a wheelie while I was riding pillion reading notes foran exam the next day.

I couldnt breathe for a good minute after landing on my back!