Sign in to follow this  
Fates

What do you Drive?

UVa will bend the rules a little for student athletes (a category I kinda fall in) so that first-years (it's a UVa thing) can bring their cars. But any where you can't get to on your feet here you can to by bus for free.

Most universities in the US that DO NOT allow Freshman to have vehicles will make exceptions to students that stay with parents locally, or live off campus. However, there are even some universities that make all freshman live on campus unless their parents live in the county or nearby.

drove a mahogany 1980 Corvette L-82 (Jan 1993 to Sep 1993, totaled by a kid in a red Camaro that hit me head on).

Before that a blue 1980 Corvette L-48 (stock engine, Jul 1991 to Sep 1991, totaled when I lost control on an exit ramp).

I see a pattern here with your corvettes.... don't drive them in September.

Deuces....

How do you like the FJ? I almost bought one a few months ago. I had a '99 Durango, but it was a mechanical nightmare that was going to cost me $4000 to make it safe. The vehicle wasn't worth it. So...silly me...goes out and buys a 2006 Charger R/T.

med_gallery_6_1_949602.jpg

Then...I bought this:

DSCN12292.jpg

Then I bought this Grille:

100_1702.jpg

And now it's going to bodyshop for Paint and trim. Rally Stripes in Mineral Metallic Gray Clearcoat.

don't go with the stripes bro. I did that to my 91 RS camaro and regretted it. It looks bad ass as it is. Tent the windows, the headlights, and the tail lights. Now that's a sexy beast!

wow I have seen so many nice cars in here...

about me I have a Daewoo Lanos... and as I usually say its a wallet friendly car in price and fuel consumption not mentioning the parts too !

Deuces....

How do you like the FJ? I almost bought one a few months ago. I had a '99 Durango, but it was a mechanical nightmare that was going to cost me $4000 to make it safe. The vehicle wasn't worth it. So...silly me...goes out and buys a 2006 Charger R/T.

Then...I bought this:

Then I bought this Grille:

And now it's going to bodyshop for Paint and trim. Rally Stripes in Mineral Metallic Gray Clearcoat.

WHOA!!! Bloody nice mate! We have similar taste, I think, by looking at your car. I bet it roars instead of purr. :biggrin: In all honesty, I was looking to get a Cervinni C-500 in black then add red (with white outlined) vinyls...then I though of the price of gas...gotta ducati instead.

Oh and im not reckless with it (says the guy who pulled 130 on huntsville backroads in a '04 Accord V6 Sedan)

don't go with the stripes bro. I did that to my 91 RS camaro and regretted it. It looks bad ass as it is. Tent the windows, the headlights, and the tail lights. Now that's a sexy beast!

I've gone back and forth about many things...but never the stripes. Its really been a matter of what color. ...and then...a mater of how to paint the Shaker Scoop, trim Ring, etc..etc. Below is a pic of a Charger with the Shaker, and grille that I'm about to install....he also has Rally Stripes...and together....they look pretty good...but I'm thinking of wider stripes.

10.jpg

I've gone back and forth about many things...but never the stripes. Its really been a matter of what color. ...and then...a mater of how to paint the Shaker Scoop, trim Ring, etc..etc. Below is a pic of a Charger with the Shaker, and grille that I'm about to install....he also has Rally Stripes...and together....they look pretty good...but I'm thinking of wider stripes.

Its official, we have the same taste :biggrin::good:

Great car man!

Well, if you can get the edge of the stripe to look nice and clean, then yeah, go for it. Mine was all F-ed up. That's why I regretted it. I painted it Viper Blue with white stripes. It would've looked bad ass if they did it right, but, they didn't. Anyways, the Charger R/T is a sweet machine. Just saw the new Challenger yesterday... in black! I almost fainted. Was thinking of buy the new camaro, but they're not going to use the low profile, aggressive looking side mirrors that are on the concept car. I think they changed a few other things on the exterior design too that I'm not happy with.

Well, if you can get the edge of the stripe to look nice and clean, then yeah, go for it. Mine was all F-ed up. That's why I regretted it. I painted it Viper Blue with white stripes. It would've looked bad ass if they did it right, but, they didn't. Anyways, the Charger R/T is a sweet machine. Just saw the new Challenger yesterday... in black! I almost fainted. Was thinking of buy the new camaro, but they're not going to use the low profile, aggressive looking side mirrors that are on the concept car. I think they changed a few other things on the exterior design too that I'm not happy with.

Yeah, but thats the fate of concept cars, they ALWAYS get "toned down". As for the challlenger, someone up here sold a an '08 GT500 for one, it only had 6500 miles on it.

The strange thing here in EU is, you see SUV`s driving only in the city and most by women.... ????

Absolutelly true! I feel somewhat scared when I see 45 kg blonde chick driving a 3 tonne SUV, while she is talking on the phone with one hand and putting on her makeup with the other :blink:

Deuces....

Fates - I love it. The first time I saw one it was a "what the hell is that?" moment. The second time and a closer look I had to have one. It's been rock solid, rides great, good performance (even better with the tons of aftermarket and TRD stuff out there ), and an extremely able off roader. The TRD version is even better but I don't do any hard core ORD activities. The interior is huge and I like the fact that there is no carpet and the interior is completely wet/mud friendly. The only negative is visibility out the back. I installed a rear-view camera and solved that.

There's some awesome cars here guys. I learned of some car manufactures that I didn't know existing....but being from the US, you don't hear or see many imports except BMW and Mercedes. But, I'm guessing it the same for our EU friends and family as well. You probably don't see as many Pontiacs as we see Beamers.

1986 Volvo 745 GLE :good:

An italian car , of course ...

Fiat Nuova CROMA 1.8 - 140hp - 2007

Exactly like the one in the picture.

Fiat_Croma_2.jpg

this :rofl: If you really drove that I would hate you. :biggrin:

New battery got me back home, but we're pretty sure the alternator is screwed up.

BINGO!

if you are handy with a wrench and a soldering iron, you can replace the diodes (2) and save a lot of money,as they are the only thing that can go bad besides the bearings.

This :rofl:

Wonder if that thing is invisible to police speed radars? :biggrin:

on youtube search Top Gear, Lamborghini reventon

Note it is pronounced Rebenton

on youtube search Top Gear, Lamborghini reventon

Note it is pronounced Rebenton

This is my baby!!

index.php?id=1064

post-2192-1220841275_thumb.jpg

Edited by danam1974

waitaminute... are people now joining just to show pictures of their cars?

that is a nice 'stang, though. Building the new Kitt, are we?

Edited by Rambler 1-1

that is a nice 'stang, though. Building the new Kitt, are we?

God I hope not. Nothing is more sacrilegious then taking a classic American Muscle car and turning it into a Ricer. I'm sure we'll be able to order these body kits in short term.

0000044820_20071212134204.jpg

As for the Lamborg, almost has same body lines of the Speed Racer's Mach I