Sign in to follow this  

Exactly how is the explosives damage measured? The Explosive parameter can go up to 30,000,000 but when it blasted off, it only destroyed 4 to 6 tanks out of 16 in a column. What is the diameter of explosion for such a value 30,000,000?

What kind of explosives did you use?

Nuclear Fusion

IIRC it never work properly.

try use high explosives

There's only one entry for nuclear fusion. The other is for "nuclear fission".

In a nutshell:

fission = a-bomb

fusion = h-bomb.

There's only one entry for nuclear fusion. The other is for "nuclear fission".

In a nutshell:

fission = a-bomb

fusion = h-bomb.

Thanks Fubar512!

Guess I didn't read carefully enough. Interesting! Maybe I should find out the difference later tonight.

I have finally make something out. 1000000000000 or 1e+12 exposive mass requires 49,000ft above sea level for a safe drop. When it was increased a thousand time to 1e+15, the radius of destruction increased by 11nm and basically a U-2 at 100,000ft won't survive the blast.

For destroying an airfield, 1e+8 would suffice the need.

PS The best approach would be equip a missile with nuke warhead for standard off pre-emptive strike.

Edited by StarBucker

I just set mine as Area Weapon Dispensers with the correct Yield but with a ridiculously high number of bomblets and dispersion, like 500 bomblets/10 dispersion. You won't get the nuke effects but you will get the swathe of destruction you desire.

Well, I did try using an FAE bomb as well. 2.5e+10 with a 600m fusing distance yields good results. Also that will work with teh nuke fx.

Determines the distance that you want the bomb to go off. Important for airburst bombs and the like.

Determines the distance that you want the bomb to go off. Important for airburst bombs and the like.

600m is too high, killed myself when the bomb went off.

well, i think we need a 3d nuke crater model....

could somebody do that? Like the small craters, but in a bigger scale... and, someone have any knowledge of how long and how deep are a nuke crater?

Nuke without crater isn't nuke ;)

Nuc craters are not very large, especially for large yields. The big craters seen in Pacific tests were made in porous coral. Don't go by that.

@StarBucker: Sorry, forgot to mention distance from the target. I have been using 200m (parameters Lexx_Luthor mentioned for his nuke effects). Still, it is also dependent on how powerful is the nuke (I wouldn't be that confident of making it out alive if I am at less than 20k ft in terms of altitude).

I did a little research, 2 persons created nuke effects they are CA_Stary and Lexx_Luthor.  Persoanly, I love both of them for different reasons.

CA_Stary's simulates the ripple wave splashes which does look vibrant and is spectacular if you view vertically from above the blast. Fantastic!

Lexx_Luthor's simulates seconds of brilliance upon detonation of the warhead and more than one ripples blasts off from the centre of explosion.

There are however room for improvement

1) If I am flying out of the blast meaning the explosion is behind my plane, the simulated brilliance of light is all behind me but should it not becovering the airspace in front of my plane as well?

2) The area of destruction is not curcular but squared possibly due to the tile being a sqaured shape object.

3) CA_Stary's kills frame rates but looks good, but the Aerial version doesn't kill frame rate and looks very realistic!

Edited by StarBucker

I'm using the following for a 2mt yield Mk27 warhead:

Fuel Air Explosives

Explosive Mass - 2e+012

Fusing Distance - 600m

I can put it on target and survive every time. You'll need to fly a proper release profile as laydown bombing won't let you escape in time.

I can't rely on myself being a really good bomber, but the same rules with using dumb bombs applied for the dumb versions, except that you would probably be doing at at a much higher altitude, and a much higher speed (at least on the FB-111).

at least a blasted ground area?

You can study the effects and add to them.

I thought of making burning landscape with lots of fires around, But I ran out of emitters (16 max) in larger yields, so I let it go for now. It would look bad on hilly terrain also. I also figured it may be better as ground target damage effect -- assuming the target area has lots of objects that are destroyed and burning together over a wide area. A mass formation of conventionally armed bombers should do the same thing over a wide ground area. You don't want to drop a 100lb bomblet and have the entire terrain tile burning though.

You can study the effects and add to them.

I thought of making burning landscape with lots of fires around, But I ran out of emitters (16 max) in larger yields, so I let it go for now. It would look bad on hilly terrain also. I also figured it may be better as ground target damage effect -- assuming the target area has lots of objects that are destroyed and burning together over a wide area. A mass formation of conventionally armed bombers should do the same thing over a wide ground area. You don't want to drop a 100lb bomblet and have the entire terrain tile burning though.

do i need to make a "3d crater" (flat plane) ?

or i can just make a .tga, or bmp(i really haven't a clue of how mess with effects) and put it as after explosion object?

I can't rely on myself being a really good bomber, but the same rules with using dumb bombs applied for the dumb versions, except that you would probably be doing at at a much higher altitude, and a much higher speed (at least on the FB-111).

Nukeprofile.png

Because we don't have a working LABS counter, I use the F6 view to manually judge correct parameters (angle/distance) prior to weapons release.

After some practice, I've become fairly adept at the technique and can score a direct hit on the factory place or airfield 9 times out of 10.

Btw, I use Lexx Luthor's nucular effects in my installs, as they are true works of art.

Edited by Julhelm

Tell me to refine my jet bombing techniques. It's kind of annoying when the main platform you used to do it (F-14D) have guidance systems and stuff (more like JDAM tossing all the time).

Also, there was this thing about the plane stopped climbing once speed = 0.

And my use of his nuke effects is old news, although forgot to reinstall the missile effects after reinstallation (to trim down the number of aircrafts I use, since I tend to lean towards modern jets).

Edited by kct