Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

"Dear Leader" is dead?

I wouldn't buy it at the moment, but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me.

Although I have to ask - what practical purpose would it serve for Kim Jong-Il to have people in his place after he's dead? I mean, it might make sense if you had a government that wanted a figurehead's presence around to keep the populace stable, but since when was Kim Jong-Il all about keeping the peace outside of staying on top?

He might be at last burning in hell, but I will stay cautious.

When I was in Libya, some European papers said "Qaddafi almost dead! Heart and brain attack", etc, etc. We had great fun this day in the embassy, and the next day the said Qaddafi invited all european ambassadors and taunted them about his health.

On the contrary, there was some time when I was there when he was recovering from almost lethal thing, and no foreign press saw it.

So... wait to see the corpse! With suc obscure regimes, it's always hard to know what's happening unless you are very well informed. And rumors are kings in such societies.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

if hie i dead.....

i hope him burning in hell with Hitler n' Saddam

Edited by Silverbolt

now that does sound plausible. But still more speculation than fact. Might turn out to be true.

Saddam also used doubles which made it a little hard for us to target him. One report came out that after one of our strikes on one of his command bunkers they called all the doubles together to give them the good news and the bad news.

"First the good news - The Great and Glorious Leader Saddam survived the strike on the command bunker"

cheers and excitement through the room and among the doubles who all are still on the payroll.

"The bad news is that he lost an arm........"

:rofl:

The Prestige?? :grin:

...but since when was Kim Jong-Il all about keeping the peace outside of staying on top?

Don't forget the cult of personality that he's fostered since Pop's Death in '94. This is a society geared around a figure who's the focas of every level all the way down to the family. When Kim Il Sung died, people were literally freaking out! This is the way North Korean society has been for 50 years. With things being as fragile as they are, North Korean leadership isn't gonna want to go through that again! It could literally break them... Now for the rest of us, watching the communist regime break apart isn't necessarily going to be a bad thing, but for the Koreans, it's gonna suck mightily.

He might be at last burning in hell, but I will stay cautious.

When I was in Libya, some European papers said "Qaddafi almost dead! Heart and brain attack", etc, etc. We had great fun this day in the embassy, and the next day the said Qaddafi invited all european ambassadors and taunted them about his health.

On the contrary, there was some time when I was there when he was recovering from almost lethal thing, and no foreign press saw it.

So... wait to see the corpse! With suc obscure regimes, it's always hard to know what's happening unless you are very well informed. And rumors are kings in such societies.

I'm reminded of the Great Leader's nose.................