Sign in to follow this  
i90807065

And here we go...

They started the machine today but they wont let the particles collide before the gain enough speed wich is gonna take a while

Isn't the test going to be active for something like, a year? I heard something about the atoms being smashed 22000 times per second and that this will take place over a year...

I think that people are panicking for no reason about this experiment. I doubt the scientists at the CERN lab have not thought about every single security and precautionary method to ensure this experiment goes successfully, After all it is costing them something like £10 Billion to run it.

And even if it went wrong theres no point worrying cos we'd all be brown bread then LOL :blowup:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_sc/big_bang

Hooray, they didn’t destroy the world after all!

Score one for science!

Its good to be alive and to have not been sucked into a black hole.

The next end of the world scare is 2012 right? Will have to start a thread when that comes up.

Edited by herman01

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_sc/big_bang

Hooray, they didn’t destroy the world after all!

Score one for science!

Its good to be alive and to have not been sucked into a black hole.

The next end of the world scare is 2012 right? Will have to start a thread when that comes up.

They havn't collided anything yet. We might still all be doomed, doomed I tell's ya! *runs in the basement and gets his shotgun

Well, it coulda fooled me. After today, I could have been sure that I'd gone to hell.

As long as they got Miller Lite on draft in the center of that hole I'll be all set.

Well, it coulda fooled me. After today, I could have been sure that I'd gone to hell.

That bad a day huh?

The whole big bang theory is retarded anyway. If there is any danger i'll bet it would just be at the test site where they could all vaporize themselves while doing there stupid test. If the big bang theory is true then why not just pile all the lumber and stuff it takes to make a house onto some explosives blow it up and expect to see a fully assembled house after that. Doomsday people are retarded also they need to get real.

The whole big bang theory is retarded anyway. If there is any danger i'll bet it would just be at the test site where they could all vaporize themselves while doing there stupid test. If the big bang theory is true then why not just pile all the lumber and stuff it takes to make a house onto some explosives blow it up and expect to see a fully assembled house after that. Doomsday people are retarded also they need to get real.

I'll pay the doomsday nutjobs one, but not the BBT one. I've seen enough big bangs with near misses that have given me a healthy respect for them. :biggrin:

It's not the creation of a black hole that scares me, it's mankind having to come up with Gordon Freeman, Morgan Freeman, and whichever other Freemans there are to deal with the opening of an inter-dimensional port, and whatever comes out of it at us! :yikes: