Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Anyone Here Have The Title?

Im a fan of Fleet Command though its been awhile since I played it. Im gonna set it up on my computer today and was wondering if anyone wanted to try their luck?

I got it like you been a while...I will reload it and see how it goes ;)

Cheers

Beer

Guest MrMudd

I have it. Somewhere under a pile of Dust, HEHE

Well that was ugly...

Tried to install and WinXP told me it was not a Win32 application...

Tried compatability mode and that failed...Sorry no joy on Fleet Command here...

Cheers

Beer

Bummer...was hopin to get a game goin with ya Beer, you bein a sea-goin sort and all. How about you MrMudd? I finally got it running on my WinMe machine. You have got to read the install instructions for the NWP 16.8 stuff verrrrrry carefully. It gave me a lot of guff before I realized I hadnt done a couple things.

Anybody else care to get their bloomers shot to ribbons? hehehehe...

Fleet Command is a bear to get installed and operating properly.

Read the NWP read me very carefully.

Guest MrMudd

I used to run Fleet Command and Sub Command exclusively on my laptop. Mostly SubCommand. When i was Working on Test Projects in a remote location or liven on the road. It is and always will be my boredom buster of choiceice. You could run a scenario all week. Sub Command is definately not a game to be in and out of in an hour to do it right. being hunted by Alfas and kilos under the Ice was one hell of a Challenge. as well as them Diesels. Despite their noicse, ifthey go electric and creep at 4 knots they can slip in to a harbor area full of commercial traffic real easily.

I like the SCX patches for subcommand. More threats and systems. I like the tactical Cloak and Dagger anti Surface sub Fleet Sims the most.

Been a while since I had it installed, but had no probs w/xp. I installed and ran the included patch.

Used to get that not a valid win32 application myself. Seem to recall that a there were a couple different shortcuts for some reason- like the desktop would work, but the start menu shorcut wouldn't.

Try running the .exe itself from the fleet command folder. If you don't see the anchor graphic instead of the generic .exe icon, I expect you'll get the error.

I will give it another go when I get home early November...what patches/mods do I need to be able to play online? And what services do I need (Hyperlobby, Gamespy?, JCN is no more I believe).

Cheers

Beer

If you guys want to play on XP machines follow the link and scroll down to the XP Installer patch.

Link

Hope that helped.

Thanks Tarheel, that's exactly what I needed! That and the damn scenario completion patch. When I bought this a long time ago I could never get the first mission to complete, so I gave up on it.

Now I have something to keep me busy until Harpoon 4 comes out... ;)

I have it too Beer and it installs fine with that link Tarheel gave above just read the readme and follow its instructions. anyone wanna play?