Sign in to follow this  
congo

Armor skins

Let me introduce myself CONGO. I have done quite a few skins for the Steel Beasts website and I have been thinking of adapting some of them for use in Alied Force if there is enough interest. I know the polymodels are somewhat rudimentary but I fell like I could improve upon them. What say yee?

Hi Congo - welcome to CombatAce - and Hey why not indeed! theres always room for improvement in that dept :victory:

If you need some basic help then you could start off looking at some of the downloads ive put up to give you an idea of how to put skins into F4:AF

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...amp;showcat=128

Thanks MB. Ive already got an LOD editor and understand how to place the bitmapped images inthe HDR file but If I need some help you are first on the list. Has anyone mapped the aircraf and vehicle list in the HDR files so they are easier to use.

If your using LOD Editor 610 as with my FA-18FG then from the top menu go to "Preferences" -> "Use LP Database" and the correct names will be listed down the left hand side.

If your using LOD Editor 610 as with my FA-18FG then from the top menu go to "Preferences" -> "Use LP Database" and the correct names will be listed down the left hand side.

Correct names is a bit of a misnomer :ok: some correspond and some dont, M1A1 is listed as K-1 another example is the third one down in the vehics list it is an M-60 and it really is a piece of Russian Hardware. Here is one of my Abrams Skins converted over. Its #2 on the vehicle list as K-1. Its not complete but you will get the idea.

Abrams.zip

Edited by congo

Looks cool - have you considered converting them for Open Falcon and Red Viper also? - (I suppose Red Viper (Free Falcon 4/5) is the eye candy version). :smile:

Looks cool - have you considered converting them for Open Falcon and Red Viper also? - (I suppose Red Viper (Free Falcon 4/5) is the eye candy version). :smile:

No I have not made that consideration as I will undoubtedly play with them a lot more, maybe even do them as 512 x 512 so as to capture more details. I believe all the armor models have the potential for improvement through applying new textures though I will say the models leave a bit to be desired but I guess when you overfly them at a couple hundred knots they don't have to be that sophisticated. I guess Im somewhat spoiled coming from an armor sim viewpoint. I am still amused by their M-60 model with the russian road wheels.

OK Troops listen up here is the finished version of one of my skins from the Steel Beasts Pro PE converted for use in Falcon 4.0 AF. You will need an LOD editor in order to install these skins into F4AF. Have fun and give me some feedback, if this is a worthwhile project. Better yet tell the devs at Lead Pursuit to get in touch with me. LOL :clapping:

Abrams.zip

Great stuff! :good:

You probably want to put them up in the downloads section here so people can find them

Great stuff! :good:

You probably want to put them up in the downloads section here so people can find them

Maybe after I complete several I'll offer something in a package form. Right now it is just an inducement for folks to read the forums after all thats where you sometime find the best things. Just wish the armor models had a few more polys , you could probably get them looking quite virtualistic. I have not decided which piece I will take on next I guess I'll just go through the tactical reference manual and see what grabs my fancy.