Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

Agm Maverick Help With A10 -- Lomac

Hello all you Lock On Gurus out there:

Has anyone been able to engage the TV video mode on their A10 MFD while in the A2G mode using the AGM65 Maverick? If so, how do you do this?

I've tried "O" for Electro-Optical with no luck. I can use the HUD target designator off the HUD, and the reticle or cross hairs do show up in the MFD, but with no TV background.

Thanks very much for your help,

Andy "Hawkeye" Hawes

P.S. -- by the way, this is the demo I am referring to, thanks again --

the TV hasn't been put in the demo - thats why there aren't any mavericks on ur demo mission load out, only on modified missions.. :)

you can still zoom in on the hud and lock targets up with the TAB key :)

using the Alt key u can then use ur hat switch on the joystick to slew the seaker head..

AND STOP CALLING IT A MFD!!!! ffs

When you switch to Mavs, your display should change automagically, no need for any key pushing until you want to lock a target up.

It also depends what video card you use(ATI shows black, nvidia has COLORS!):

AGM-65D - UNZOOMED

65D_01.jpg

AGM-65D - ZOOMED

65D_02.jpg

Very interesting Beta -- I'm running an ATI9500. Every other aspect of the sim seems normal, except for the display and since you mention the color anamoly, I have to think there is an issue then with certain video cards. Perhaps my display does show someting, but with no contrast? Black on black? I've had a couple folks reply that the tv image in the A10 display has been disabled for the demo.

Very mysterious!

Thanks for the reply --

Hawkeye

Hi,

I though you couldnt zoom the TV display in the Demo, is that correct?

Best regards,

Farris

well judging by the pics above - it looks like u can zoom..

I have´nt found any keys to zoom TV screen, only views, if someone knows, please it would be great.

I don´t know how much zoom we have on the TV, but guess it´s better to zoom trough it rather than zooming views.

It would be nice if someone could analyze if it´s faster to detect a ZSU zooming the TV rather than the views, in fact, it´s more real zooming TV.

It may be my graphic card, but it´s hard for me to see where´s the ZSU on the column and when I am hot it´s too late to attack 2 targets with mavs cause I am too close already.

Does the TV zooms as much as Mav can target? I am sorry about my english, I believe Mav can target from 27 Km / 12 Nm but can you zoom that much so you can identify targets?

Best regards,

Farris

found out why - u need the D model of the mav not the B... the mission needs tweeking to update it..

then its zoom time with - and + :)

Thanks Yojimbo

You made me happy for the next 2 months :D

I´m leaving my office to check it out at home.

Best regards,

Farris

Very interesting Beta --  I'm running an ATI9500.  Every other aspect of the sim seems normal, except for the display and since you mention the color anamoly, I have to think there is an issue then with certain video cards.  Perhaps my display does show someting, but with no contrast?  Black on black?  I've had a couple folks reply that the tv image in the A10 display has been disabled for the demo.

Very mysterious!

Thanks for the reply  --

Hawkeye

I have tried the Demo with both ATi and nVidia video cards. The ATi 9600 Pro and my trusty old GeForce 3 Ti 200. The ATi shows the display like you describe. When you lock up a target with the Mavs, you SHOULD be able to see 4 little dots on the display where the target is located. It's just a glitch in the graphics programming since everything else about the Mavs works fine. There was a REASON they didn't include the Mavericks in the demo... :rolleyes:

I customized the Sevastopol CAS mission to load up some AGM-65D. The only problem is there are no textures for these missiles in the demo so you can't see them on the plane! But they still work fine - the ultimate stealth technology! :lol:

Grab it here: Sevastopol CAS2 with AGM-65D

Hey Beta,

Thanks for going to the trouble of hacking out a new mission. I'll give it a shot asap. Correct about the type of Mav re: zoom/no zoom. I guess I have way too much time on my hands -- did a little internet research on the Maverick and wow --there are a ton of models out there A-J and beyond. I believe the B is by default a 3X zoom, with no adjustments. Then there is a whole slew of variances re: IR and TV, how they acquire, ranges, payloads, etc. Fun stuff to read up on -- at least for a rookie like me.

Thanks for the trouble and happy Mavericking --

Hawkeye

Hey Beta,

Thanks for going to the trouble of hacking out a new mission.  I'll give it a shot asap.  Correct about the type of Mav re: zoom/no zoom.  I guess I have way too much time on my hands -- did a little internet research on the Maverick and wow --there are a ton of models out there A-J and beyond.  I believe the B is by default a 3X zoom, with no adjustments.  Then there is a whole slew of variances re: IR and TV, how they acquire, ranges, payloads, etc.  Fun stuff to read up on -- at least for a rookie like me.

Thanks for the trouble and happy Mavericking --

Hawkeye

No problem man - I LOVE MAVERICKS! I'm using my old Ti200 card just so I can see the video on 'em! hahahaha :o