Sign in to follow this  
Qfly

F-104S Has Arrived!

Guest Ranger332

Q dont see what your trying to post bro all i see is two different skins that were posted here bout a week ago is there a link to this s series mod your "talking" bout ??

F-104 carrying Sparrow missles..... If you will notice, the F-104G does not have the Aim-7.... All I have done is create another folder and place the files in there renaming them to F-104S etc creating an entirely new airplane for modding.. I updated the F-104S's thrust to match those of the real world counterpart. ( btw, very little change from the stock in game F-104G) If I can find out the range of the F-104S radar, maybe I could mod the radar to depict the real life version.. I am also not sure if the pylons are in the correct spot for carrying the Aim-7. I believe there should be another set just outboard of the current ones...

Qfly

Guest Ranger332

Ill try to check to.

Have you posted the changes yet for upload?,and if not when :)

I havent posted it yet.. I want to make sure everything works out in multiplayer mode okay first.. For some reason, the changes do not show up on everyones aircraft as I seam to be the only one with Sparrow missles which isnt very fair:) Once I narrow that down, Ill post it..

Qfly

Guest Ranger332

rgr if you need help testing lets me know got a p4

1.6gig

120sdram on dsl

Obiously, since the new F-104 has AIM-7's, you know how to change loadouts. Is it easy to do? Can you describe how to do it to any plane?

But, can you tell me how to do it? I want to add some SUU-23's to the O-1. Imagine the recoil, :twisted:.

Here is a quick update.. I still cannot get the extra pylon to show up in the game but the weapon shows up fine...

Loadoutmenu.jpg

Qfly

Guest Ranger332

Ok so whens the lil fella going to be let loose? :o

Well, it will not be for a while.. I found out today that a second 3d model of a pylon will have to be created and then implimented into the game.. :D I will eventually get there..

Qfly

Qfly, I am real interested in learning how you manipulated the loadout screen in the game. I am trying to get the TU-22 and IL-28 to carry thier normal bombload and not just one bomb. The Data, ini, and loadout files I extracted from in the aircraftobjectsobjects.cat file all suggest it is capable of carrying 12 bombs, either FAB-250 or -500. Various websites tell me the TU-22 can carry 24 bombs (!) or one FAB-9000 (!). But the ingame loadout screen says only one bomb of either type for both aircraft.

help...me...pleeeeaseee....... ... _ _ _ ...

(will the aviators pick up the signal?)

(should I give another hint?)

man, I LOVE messin with airdales... :0)

Pcpilot, let me tinker around with the loadouts for that plane and get back with you.. I have been able to change the loadout to whatever ordnance I want but it does not show up as a selection in the game. If you leave that particular station set as empty, the ordnance will show up..:) I tinker with it a bit and let you know..

Qfly

Pcpilot, go down to you bomb bay section of the Tu-22 Data file and make yours look like this..

[bombBay]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=INTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,-0.128,-0.740

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=9000

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=WP

NumWeapons=12

AttachmentPosition01=

AttachmentPosition02=

BombBayAnimation=TRUE

Notice, "NumWeapons=12" is what was changed.. There was no default allocation set.. I tested in Multiplay co-op mode and watched all 12 bombs fall out:)

Enjoy, Qfly

Thank you Qfly very much. I will test it tonight. :D

Well, it worked like you said! Yay! If I dont set the bombload and leave it empty, I have 12 bombs. Now if we could just figure out how to change the loadout screen. Thank you for your help Qfly. :D

I hope T_K notices this. It is something to fix in a patch methinks for all the AI bombers.

Qfly, how can I change the type of bomb I carry? Can I add other types of Weapons/bombs too, like maybe the "kitchen" antiship missle?