Sign in to follow this  
Jrz

My KLu adventure

Since my old topic at C5 is no more; here's a new one with my latest adventures!

At this moment I'm finally in "the flying phase". We started 1,5 month ago and I now have 20 flying houres on the PC-7 (15 hrs contact and 5 hrs instrument).

The syllabus:

-Contact pt 1 (basic flying)

-Initial contact check (checkride, when passed you're allowed to continue with contact pt2 and instruments)

= approx. 12 hrs.

-Contact pt 2 (circuit, aerobatics and airborne emergencies)

-Instruments (3 flights in the sim and 3 flights in the backseat of the PC-7 under a "hood" to simulate IMC)

-Solo check (checkride, last flight with an IP to see if you're capable to fly solo)

-Solo

= approx. 20 hrs.

Total: approx. 30-32hrs

I'm now halfway through my second contact block and at about a third in my instruments block.

21oc3dc.jpg

1tx6og.jpg

Glad to see that you're back in the air!

Sure am glad you are keeping us updated here. Wish we had those old threads to show everyone.

Great to hear! :good:

Remember the primary rule of instrument flight:

"One peek is worth a thousand crosschecks" :biggrin:

Great to hear! :good:

Remember the primary rule of instrument flight:

"One peek is worth a thousand crosschecks" :biggrin:

A pilot spends his life correcting back to center. Good old axiom to remember: The closer to the dirt you fly the more precise you become. I, for one, am really envious of your start into the flying world. Best of luck to you and fly safe.

Jrz, I take it you go straight to the PC-7 rather than starting off on a small piston engined aircraft?

Jrz, I take it you go straight to the PC-7 rather than starting off on a small piston engined aircraft?

That's correct. Although I have flown a couple of sorties in a T-67M-200 slingsby firefly during my selections, in training we start on this beauty yes :)

Here some shots my dad made when I visited EHEH (Eindhoven airport) for a practice diversion. Also got to practice my crosswind landings... :biggrin:

1jq1qx.jpg

33ur02d.jpg

:groupwave:

Woohoo! As the first one in my class I finished this part of our training! Went solo last thursday... man! Greatest moment of my life so far! What a great feeling; when you look in the mirror and the seat behind you is really empty... indescribable! Now it's waiting for an assignment (F-16, apache, cougar or chinook)! Hoping for the F-16! :ninja:

Edited by Jrz

Congrats on the solo! I remember mine, a bit over 8 years ago, in a C-152. Definitely one of the coolest and most rewarding things that I've done.

HAHAAAA!! F-16 it is! :yahoo:

On the 8th of january I'll be heading to Sheppard AFB, Texas, which will be my home untill june 2010 and where I'll start on the T-6 or T-37, followed by the T-38C. Then it's off to Springfield, Ohio, to convert to the F-16! If all goes as planned, I'll be certified to fly the F-16 at the end of january 2011!

DAMN!! It's still hard to believe hehe.

Congrasts man!!!! If you happen to do a trip to the northeast, look me up!

Congratulations, even if you are going to be a Stovie*!

*Stovie - Fleet Air Arm slang for a fast jet pilot.

Congrasts man!!!! If you happen to do a trip to the northeast, look me up!

Thanks! Wilco, I'll continue writing my adventures here, so if I'm heading north I'll let you know (or notify me when you're heading south).

Congratulations, even if you are going to be a Stovie*!

*Stovie - Fleet Air Arm slang for a fast jet pilot.

Haha, thanks! Ah well, today I also learned to love helicopters... we did a dinghy drill at sea... and I sure was a very happy man when I finally heared to sound of a RNLN lynx after 2,5 hours in 8 deg celcius water in a leaking dinghy and wearing a leaking drysuit :biggrin:

BTW, maybe you happen to know more about this: I recall one occasion, it was I believe somewhere in september when I heared a British Harrier in big trouble over the guard frequency (he'd suffered a major bird hit). I was wondering if you knew how this ended; we believe he finally jumped but i can't find anything about this on the internet. Was a strange thing to witness over the radio, he already jettisoned his canopy, so a lot of background noise. Left me quite flabberguested hehe.

I'll have a dig around for info on the Harrier, I don't remember one crashing recently, it'd be at least the third time I know a Harrier of some sort landed without the canopy!

Strangely the sound of an RN Lynx coming to pick you up after dinghy drills isn't that great when you know the guys in it. For some reason they feel the urge to dunk you like a tea bag a few times before actually getting you in the helicopter!

Congrats! I met a few of your brethen at the Dayton Air Show in July going through F-16 conversion training at Springfield. Good luck at Sheppard and PM me if you have any questions on the T-38C.

FastCargo

Thats very cool! Best Wishes! :good:

Hi, do you konw how to download the f-14 from column 5 and where to put it? In woe,wov or sf? Thanks Berry

On the 8th of january I'll be heading to Sheppard AFB, Texas, which will be my home untill june 2010 and where I'll start on the T-6 or T-37, followed by the T-38C. Then it's off to Springfield, Ohio, to convert to the F-16! If all goes as planned, I'll be certified to fly the F-16 at the end of january 2011!

HOT DAMN! CONGRATS DUDE! :good::ok: Springfield eh? Sweet. Maybe I will see you at the Dayton Air Show. Met a Block 10 (converted to Block 50) pilot from New Foundland 2 years ago there. He was training in Springfield.

Falcon

Congrats man. Going to be honest with you, Sheppard sucks ass. just spent...5 years there. There is nothing to do. However when you get to Springfield, You will be 20 miles away from me. They use our runway all the time too. We shall meet up.