Sign in to follow this  
Jrz

My KLu adventure

Thanks all!

Congrats man. Going to be honest with you, Sheppard sucks ass. just spent...5 years there. There is nothing to do. However when you get to Springfield, You will be 20 miles away from me. They use our runway all the time too. We shall meet up.

Sounds perfect! It's good for me that there is nothing to do, so that means that there is nothing that can distract me hehe.

Edited by Jrz

Vipaaaaaaaaaaa Powaaaaaaaaaaa :skull: .... !!! Congratulations! :ph34r:

Awesome! 2011 isn't that far off is it :yes:

Awesome! 2011 isn't that far off is it :yes:

Indeed, time will fly :wink:

I've just finished the first two weeks of my basic land & advanced land and combat survival course and tomorrow I'll be heading towards Erndtebrück in Germany for my final week. That means I have to evade captivity (we have practice enemy... with dogs) for five days and then followed by 24 hours of interrogation... :unsure: I can think of better ways to spent a week in the snow...

Gefeliciteerd en heel veel succes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aju,

Derk :victory::victory::victory:

Finished my survival/interrogation thing... Damn, this last week sure was the most s***iest I've ever had. There was about 50-80cm snow (20-30 inches), so quite impossible to find anything to eat. Also cold and wet clothes/boots aren't that good for your moral... Didn't get much sleep from sunday afternoon untill thursday morning and then we got "caught"... which ment our final fase would start... the 24hrs as a POW.

Damn... hard to describe, but thrust me... pure hell :blink:

Gefeliciteerd en heel veel succes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dank je wel!

congrats on surviving SERE. I've had a few friends go through that, and they all agreed that it SUCKED. But it's worthwhile training.

HAHAAAA!! F-16 it is! :yahoo:

On the 8th of january I'll be heading to Sheppard AFB, Texas, which will be my home untill june 2010 and where I'll start on the T-6 or T-37, followed by the T-38C. Then it's off to Springfield, Ohio, to convert to the F-16! If all goes as planned, I'll be certified to fly the F-16 at the end of january 2011!

DAMN!! It's still hard to believe hehe.

F-16! Can't get anything better, eh! [ just kidding. CHEERS!]

27 maart 2006...... Did you make the F-16B 313Sq KLu Tiger tail ? Still beautiful, don't know if it became an MLU but maybe you'll fly J-068 one day....... I still fly it in SF/WOE now and then.

Goede Kerst, knallende jaarwisseling en een succesvol en spetterend 2009 !!!! :drinks:

Derk :victory:

Yeah it was my first and last skin adventure ;) Really had no clue at all at the time that I'm now in the position to fly them for real :P I still don't fully realise that I'm going to fly the F-16... every time I see one coming over I can't imagine me sitting in the cockpit hehe.

But one thing is for sure, I won't be flying the J-068...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=193495&g2_serialNumber=2

Crashed at volkel two years ago after a birdstrike.

Dank je, jij uiteraard ook hele gezellige feestdagen en een schitterend 2009!

Yeah it was my first and last skin adventure ;) Really had no clue at all at the time that I'm now in the position to fly them for real :P I still don't fully realise that I'm going to fly the F-16... every time I see one coming over I can't imagine me sitting in the cockpit hehe.

But one thing is for sure, I won't be flying the J-068...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=193495&g2_serialNumber=2

Crashed at volkel two years ago after a birdstrike.

Dank je, jij uiteraard ook hele gezellige feestdagen en een schitterend 2009!

Slik........ :blink:

Derk

Hmm... the movers just came by to pack all my stuff that needs to be shipped to the other side of the ocean... D-day is closing in! :ph34r:

WOOT! When you get to Ohio me and Dave would love to show you the USAF Museum :biggrin:

Falcon

I shall be glad to get a tour :biggrin:

If everything goes as planned I'll be arriving at sheppard tomorrow at around 9pm!

Glad to hear that you're finally coming over! If ya don't mind, PM me your flight #, I'll probably be bored and want to track it! :)

Pretty busy installing myself in my room here at Sheppard AFB! We start academics on the 20th of january, the day after our visit to the lockheed martin factory!

Edited by Jrz

I'm sure that the factory tour will provide addition motivation! Take pics if you can (non-OPSEC), I've heard the assembly line is amazing, and over one mile long.

It IS amazing, and yep, over one mile long...I actually saw the building start fading in the distance...INSIDE!

I got a tour of the factory back in the late 80s...some of you might have heard this story.

FC

Damn, it was amazing indeed! Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take any pictures, but it really was an awesome day. They gave some presentations on the F-35 and his systems, the development of the F-35 and they told us how the Netherlands participate in the project. After that they showed us AA-1, which has now already performed 70 flights. We also got a factory tour, were they showed us the huge assembly line with, with the first ordered F-35 being assembled. We also got to fly the F-35B in the sim, it is a strange feeling to hover around in a jet, just doesn't feel right hehe. But the best thing is that everything is touch screen or even voice controlled. You can adjust the layout and size of all the things showed on your "instrument panel"... very impressive!

Edited by Jrz

thats how stealth really works ... in the finished roduct, you will be able to change the size of the F-35 !!!1 ... by voice !!!1

BIG selling plus .... doesnt need much storage area .. cause that Joint Scrap Fightwannabeaa will be broken all the time... pilots have probably only one attempt with that voice thingo.. must choose wisely ..

I'm outta here fast now.. before JSF_Aggie sees that ..... :ph34r: ..

:skull:

Thanks! Wilco, I'll continue writing my adventures here, so if I'm heading north I'll let you know (or notify me when you're heading south).

Haha, thanks! Ah well, today I also learned to love helicopters... we did a dinghy drill at sea... and I sure was a very happy man when I finally heared to sound of a RNLN lynx after 2,5 hours in 8 deg celcius water in a leaking dinghy and wearing a leaking drysuit :biggrin:

BTW, maybe you happen to know more about this: I recall one occasion, it was I believe somewhere in september when I heared a British Harrier in big trouble over the guard frequency (he'd suffered a major bird hit). I was wondering if you knew how this ended; we believe he finally jumped but i can't find anything about this on the internet. Was a strange thing to witness over the radio, he already jettisoned his canopy, so a lot of background noise. Left me quite flabberguested hehe.

He got home okay... jet all banged up though... in the shop getting repaired...

Ah, nice. Thanks!

And for something different; here's a shot of me next to a T-6:

t6-2510.jpg

Very nice. A couple of my friends have flown those, said they're pretty fun! :)