Sign in to follow this  
Jrz

My KLu adventure

Low level is also in the pocket! Starting with formation tomorrow... Really looking forward to that!

Good news! Keep it up!

This weekend 2 ship lowel level cross country to Fort Worth Alliance (KAFW)! After that, 8 flights remaining (2 of them checkrides) and then hopefully start T-38 academics on the 17th of august.

This weekend 2 ship lowel level cross country to Fort Worth Alliance (KAFW)! After that, 8 flights remaining (2 of them checkrides) and then hopefully start T-38 academics on the 17th of august.

HERE COME THE JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Good luck,

Derk

Completed T-6's on the 6th of August and since we had some time untill we had to start T-38's I went to Los Angeles with another Dutchie who finished early. Spent 5 days there and I must say, pretty cool place to hang out. Relaxing at Venice Beach, surfing in Malibu (although surfing was way beter in San Diego), shopping on Rodeo drive, clubbing on Sunset blvd... Not a bad way to spent your "holiday" :biggrin:

Starting academics tomorrow and hopefully my dollarride in the first week of september. Really looking forward to the next couple of months. Definately a lot of tough and long days ahead of me, but it will be worth it!

Thanks for the update! Good luck with the academics.

Vol gas vooruit,

Good luck,

Derk :smile:

Had my first 10 hours in the jet; about to go solo but damn! What a machine haha! Flying jets is so different when you compare it to prop planes. Rolling into bank doesn't do a whole lot, you really have to pull yourself and put the plane where you want it to be. Also, since we're burning our gas a lot faster now, we don't want to waste any time getting something done. If you need to loose a few thousend feet, you don't retard your throttle and put your nose a few degrees below the horizon; now you roll inverted and pull! And especially since the T-38C has a HUD as well, you really get the sensation your just playing some videogame haha. The only difference is that you really do feel the G's :grin:

Edited by Jrz

Thanks for the update, I'm jealous! :good:

kex7xv.jpg

Heading towards the runway for my initial T-38C solo. Man, what an awesome experience was that! Just the moment that you realise that you are the only one in the aircraft, that it is really you who is flying a real jet... Hard to believe haha. Very, very cool experience!

Very cool! :cool: I'm sure FC will be proud!

Gefeliciteerd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess FC could tell you a few extra things about the Talon too.....

Someday we'll have a beer on the whole thing ,

Hou doe,

Derk drinks.gif

Gefeliciteerd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess FC could tell you a few extra things about the Talon too.....

Someday we'll have a beer on the whole thing ,

Hou doe,

Derk drinks.gif

I´ll never decline an offer like that! :drinks:

It´s about time for an update; did some cool stuff! Im about to do my advanced formation check (2ship); which basically consists of tactical flying (4-6000ft line abreast to 10 degrees aft, with an altitude stack of up to +/-2000ft), fluid maneuvering (the first babysteps into actual ACM) and some basic formation stuff like fingertip etc.

After this check we start with 4ship and "heat to guns" (a little more towards ACM; first come in for an aim-9 shot, then move closer in for a guns track). We also started with low level, which is not too bad blasting around with 420kts groundspeed max at 500ft agl.

I'm also a proud member of the machbusters haha, since we have one "zoom and boom-ride" in the syllabus which consists of an unrestricted afterburner climb upto FL390 where we will cruise above mach 1.xx for a short time and do some maneuvering at high speeds. The climb was awesome, busting the Mach only happens on your little mach indicator hehe; but the idea is pretty cool! :pilotfly:

Congrats on your progress. Keep it up!

Goede kerst en een SKYHIGH 2010 !!!!!

We're proud of you !!!

Derk drinks.gif

Assignments of our class:

18 Americans (14 active duty, 4 guard) and 6 Dutchies.

A.D.:

2 x C-17 (Charleston and McChord)

2 x F-16

T-38 FAIP

KC-10 (Travis)

NSA

2 x KC-135 (Kadena and Fairchild)

F-15C

C-5 (Travis)

RC-135

Predator

B-52

The six Dutchies all got their F-16, three guard A-10's and one guard F-16.

What's a NSA? That's the first time I've heard of such a thing in a drop.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

It's basically an AF SOC assignment. I don't know a whole lot about it either, but it comes down to "non specified aircraft", so you might get to fly different types of aircaft and participate in a lot of secret operations. These guys fly their first operational year an average of 200 to 300 combat hours! :blink:

Edited by Jrz

Guess NSA is better than UAV :grin: