Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Like get him to read Doghouse'post. Frickin hell if I were TK I'd be on the job right away.Disgruntled long time customer is bad news;affects loyalty.

I have a problem with Iceland 2015 Terrain the water acting strange I only have this problem with Iceland. This picture will show what a meant. I hope the pictue will work

img00001.jpg

I'm using a WoV/WoE merged enviroment and update 2008 for WoE. This didn't happen before update 2008

money?

Ok pay by month sucks and the new fad of buy the kool bling and power ups like the mmrolp games suck too

but I for one considering the hours per week i play this online

would gladly pay 100 bucks per game

and an extra fee for my own server copy

I guess he did. Told Creature that there was no support and no budget, and also that opening MP up would allow "cheating."

I thought all he needed to do was add the ability to fly scripted missions in MP, and start on the ground, and he would just about have it made. That's assuming we're talking about pre-SP4 MP.

I guess he did. Told Creature that there was no support and no budget, and also that opening MP up would allow "cheating."

I thought all he needed to do was add the ability to fly scripted missions in MP, and start on the ground, and he would just about have it made. That's assuming we're talking about pre-SP4 MP.

Well, in regards to what he needs for support and budget, maybe someone should ask him what it would take. I'm sure if the community feels it's worth it, they'll give it to him. If not, then oh well, life goes on.

In reagards to cheating... that's not new to MP, and hasn't yet stopped people from playing MP on games where there is massive cheating going on. Cheating on MP games can be enforced by the community only if it is dedicated to see through that honest games are being played. And overall, it's up to the host of each MP game to handle cheating anyways, and I'm sure word will get around real fast on who the cheats are and what they're doing. So I really don't find cheating as a reasonable excuse to stop the development of MP support.

I think TK has underestimated the capabilities of the community to be able to help him, and to help themselves with MP, and really hasn't seen through on what can really be accomplished by furthering the development in the MP realm. If there was a strong MP support for this game, you can bet every freaken dime that I would be online fighting and flying with the folks here. But it's capabilities are so diminished that I really don't feel motivated to play them (oh, and you can play MP on WOE too... it's an easy trick).

Well, that's just my two cents on the subject.

OK, first thanks to my wingies in MP:)) Second: I took this forums advice and posted exactly the same thing in the Third wire forum, and TK was kind enough to take the time and reply. And finaly, No, I don't live in a Cave:)))

Here is the link for the Third Wire forum

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5718

Creature

OK, first thanks to my wingies in MP:)) Second: I took this forums advice and posted exactly the same thing in the Third wire forum, and TK was kind enough to take the time and reply. And finaly, No, I don't live in a Cave:)))

Here is the link for the Third Wire forum

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5718

Creature

Well I guess that covers that. Not much more we can do from here.

Ok, Im pretty sure i am the one who made the butthead comment, however it was not directed at anyone, it was intended to be more about online gaming in general. I have run into enough of the online uber elite kiddies that i have no desire to waste my time that way any longer. Once again, i did not intend for anyone here to take it personally, i don't know how the MP Thirdwire community conducts itself as i have not flown with them and i'm sorry if my comment was taken the wrong way.

Ok, Im pretty sure i am the one who made the butthead comment, however it was not directed at anyone, it was intended to be more about online gaming in general. I have run into enough of the online uber elite kiddies that i have no desire to waste my time that way any longer. Once again, i did not intend for anyone here to take it personally, i don't know how the MP Thirdwire community conducts itself as i have not flown with them and i'm sorry if my comment was taken the wrong way.

We are of the same opinion as you about the other multyplayers, that is why we are at the WOV room in HL. All I can say is your welcome to come join us anytime, if you can get to work:))

Creature

Anyone know why carrier based planes are exploding on the Cuba terrain in WOE? It works fine in my pre-patch install but after the patch the number 1 and 2 aircraft explode and 3 and 4 start in the air and do not retract there landing gear. I've read and double checked the posts in the KB on carriers and everything looks ok but i must be missing something.

Hi WarlordATF and all.

I'm getting exactly the same problem with the Libya terrain and just like you, still don't find the solution. The HeightOffset seems to be solved the problem of the flickering sea on the Libya terrain.

Base my navy planes on land is not an option for me. :sorry:

I still didn't patched Falklands and Cuba mods.

Ok, a little sistematic here:

1. the carrier stations on libya_data.ini seems ok

2. the problems happens with any carrier (stock or thirds).

3. occurs in campaigns and in single missions

4. AI planes are placed under water and then explodes or fall to the water where the carrier would be (and explode).

5. the sea surface seems irregular. The hull of the carrier sometimes go outside of water.

6. the carrier moves in diagonal, around 30 degrees from the direction of the bow.

7. everything works fine in the stock terrain.

My knowledge about terrains building at this moment is nothing, I would appreciate any help with this problem. :yes:

Warlord, you and your friends are invited to fly with us in multiplayer anytime. Those of us playing WOV online are all refugees from other sims who have also got a bellyfull of the "buttheads" as you like to call them. I know exactly what you mean. However, we strive to be a different breed here in WOV's online play, flying with the utmost in professionalism and honor and respect to fellow flyers. Except those from Sturmovokia who we jump all over and send em back to IL2 where they belong. Can't have those folks mucking things up for us here in Nam. We have gone back to a stock install version 8.30.06 till TK and company gets things sorted out. We meet in Hyperlobby, and play from there if we can. If that fails, we open hamachi and play from there. My hamachi server name is WOV2 password is wov2. It's case sensative so watch those CAPs. Most of what we fly are coop missions and I think you'd really enjoy doing those. And I think you might like the gang that plays this in MP. We prefer playing SFP1 and WOV because those sims seem to work best for most folks in multiplay, where WOE and WOI demand more than what most folks have for computers. Dialup works fine with these sims so don't let that bother you if you are saddled with it. I think you will find that online play here ends up being a study in pure air combat maneuvering. And if you find yourself in a dogfight scrap, make sure you got guys like Sixgun, creature or Spungie on your side, you'll last longer that way. Cheers bud.

I just flew a WOV mission in an F-4J with Sundowner's Showtime 100 skin (beautiful!) and a second mission in a B-66B with Sundowner's EB-66E skin (ooooh, pretty!) and the Green Hell 2 mod was perfectly stunning. Running home through tree topped ridges shrouded in clouds looked damn good. The terrain showed no problems, but I am getting the weird flickering off the sun reflecting on the water. I'll try the HeightOffset edit to see if it will fix the problem.

Thanks for the offer, but my primary install is WOE. I have WOV, but its not installed right now and i'm not sure where the disk is.

I Guess i was a little harsh about Multiplay. In all honesty i used to love it, I'm a Vet from Air Warrior way back when it was available through AOL. I also used to love Janes USNF/MF, ATF (Where i picked up my callsign),FA,Warbirds and even a little stick time in IL2,Falcon 4.0 and F4AF.

The online buttheads were mostly from battlefield 2 and other FPS games and IL2 (I Know exactly what your talking about!).

That said most sim pilots are indeed a higher class of players.

I can see what you are saying about a better MP for the Thirdwire sims, I remember the fun we had in Co-Op and the old Airbase Assault mode of Fighters Anthology and if i played online i would also be upset about the missing airfields. I hope you guys can get TK to look into it.

However i also don't think online play is such a huge part of a good sim as long as the AI is fun to fly against and this latest patch really boosted the AI to new levels. Its true that a human could be better, but in the past i have also flown against humans that were less skilled than the current AI.

What i really wish TK would add is a built in Mission Editor like the old Janes games had. I have never really learned how to use the third party editors we have and would like one thats really simple to use as part of the game itself.

I was a little disappointed to read that TK is considering not patching older games any longer, That is something that really set Thirdwire apart from any other sim i can think of. I can understand his need for income to keep this series alive, but i really hope he continues to support his older games.

Hi WarlordATF and all.

I'm getting exactly the same problem with the Libya terrain and just like you, still don't find the solution. The HeightOffset seems to be solved the problem of the flickering sea on the Libya terrain.

Base my navy planes on land is not an option for me. :sorry:

I still didn't patched Falklands and Cuba mods.

Ok, a little sistematic here:

1. the carrier stations on libya_data.ini seems ok

2. the problems happens with any carrier (stock or thirds).

3. occurs in campaigns and in single missions

4. AI planes are placed under water and then explodes or fall to the water where the carrier would be (and explode).

5. the sea surface seems irregular. The hull of the carrier sometimes go outside of water.

6. the carrier moves in diagonal, around 30 degrees from the direction of the bow.

7. everything works fine in the stock terrain.

My knowledge about terrains building at this moment is nothing, I would appreciate any help with this problem. :yes:

Yeah, I still never figured out whats wrong with the Cuba map. I just removed the campaigns to a temp folder until someone figures it out. I also had some of the underwater planes, but my carriers sailed correctly and always appeared. I had a really cool Cuba 2000 campaign i was testing, but i guess i'll just build a new one on the DBS map since the carriers work right there.

Theres always gonna be things i don't like about a patch, but i've only had 3 issues with this one...

1 The Carriers on Cuba Map

2 Some WWII Prop planes wont taxi and takeoff they just spin in a circle at the base

3 Having to edit the Data INIs of the planes flying with open Canopys

But when i compare that to what this patch adds, those are pretty minor and i can live with them. I'm having more fun in WOE than i have had in a long time. :good:

I had no problem with Brain 32 tiles... Maybe I got lucky, or I fraked the installation so much that it works! BTW will do a clean install of WoV, so much negative feedbacks arising are bothering me.

I have a question for those using bunyaps weps pack. The installer also drops the appropriate updated data.ini and loadout.ini files in each aircraft's folder. Have you left these in, or are you extracting the new (if they are new) data.ini's and applying the weps pack changes to those?

Anyone notice any aircraft issues after installing the weps pack?

Replacing a planes data.ini for an older one is a big no for me - Im suspecting there are changes - I noticed there are now [Falcon Stations] on the F-4s for example.

Replacing a planes data.ini for an older one is a big no for me - Im suspecting there are changes - I noticed there are now [Falcon Stations] on the F-4s for example.

So, for all of those using Bunyaps pack, what are you guys doing? Extracting all the data.ini files and changing manually?

Yes that what I did.

Extracted all the aircraft Data.ini files and changed the hardpoints from e.g NATO to USAF

Yes that what I did.

Extracted all the aircraft Data.ini files and changed the hardpoints from e.g NATO to USAF

Editor, I sent you a PM.

Would anyone be interested in working together to re-create the data.ini and loadout.ini files that come with Bunyaps weps packing using the most recent .ini's from the patch? With three or four people, it wouldn't really be that much work... maybe just split up USN, USAF, UK, and Soviet (make it even, if possible) do some testing and release it?

Let me know if anyone's interested...

Editor, I sent you a PM.

Would anyone be interested in working together to re-create the data.ini and loadout.ini files that come with Bunyaps weps packing using the most recent .ini's from the patch? With three or four people, it wouldn't really be that much work... maybe just split up USN, USAF, UK, and Soviet (make it even, if possible) do some testing and release it?

Let me know if anyone's interested...

Well think about this for a second, I have long since quit using most of Bunyaps weps pack and use the MF ones. They are easier to use and are much more compatible with the sim. i.e. not having to do the rename data.inis etc etc like you are all about to do. At one time using Bunyaps packs formats was a great idea but in the end it creating alot more work for you all.

Here is my suggestion and I am not doing this to pimp out the MF stuff, I suggesting it out of ease of modding. Use the MF weps packs, (we got more coming) add anything you want from Bunyaps to it. Then you will be set. Example if you use the MF Soviet weps, you wont have to do any renaming like you would with Buny's. I added from Buny's weps pack a a lot of the LGB's, then I added all of Fast Cargos mods. I have one hell of a weps pack and didnt have to touch a single aircraft data.ini and loadout.ini.

Work smarter not hard IMHO.

Well think about this for a second, I have long since quit using most of Bunyaps weps pack and use the MF ones. They are easier to use and are much more compatible with the sim. i.e. not having to do the rename data.inis etc etc like you are all about to do. At one time using Bunyaps packs formats was a great idea but in the end it creating alot more work for you all.

Here is my suggestion and I am not doing this to pimp out the MF stuff, I suggesting it out of ease of modding. Use the MF weps packs, (we got more coming) add anything you want from Bunyaps to it. Then you will be set. Example if you use the MF Soviet weps, you wont have to do any renaming like you would with Buny's. I added from Buny's weps pack a a lot of the LGB's, then I added all of Fast Cargos mods. I have one hell of a weps pack and didnt have to touch a single aircraft data.ini and loadout.ini.

Work smarter not hard IMHO.

Yeah, that's a good idea as well. Depending on how much you need form Bunyap's and or which aircraft you're using, it could be less work. If you use a lot of third party aircraft that require the weps pack, you have to go in and edit their data instead (ie - skyraiders don't have nato listed under attachment types, i think...). I could go either way. If some people are interested, I'm still down to try and update the data.ini's for bunyaps. If not, then maybe I'll give the MF approach a try.

Thanks Dave.

Edited by malibu43

Just my .02 but I don't think there will ever be a weapons pack that will be truly plug and play for everyone. In a highly moddable game there is just no way. Best plan is to take one of these packs and build your own custom pack from it, then always keep your personal pack and modded loadouts backed up. ;)

Guys,

Read a lot of new topic here... Looks like we all have some sort of error issues with the TK games after the latest patch (for some of us at least).

My WOI works great after the patch and with all the addon's and mods that I have installed.

My WOV is a different story. The WOV game itself is great with the latest patch. However, by adding Greece and Formosa terrain... will, I have major "water flickering" issues and some missing tectures of the sky and clouds (some areas show white and gray square or diamond patches.

"FastCargo" stated that the flickering is a "tga" issue and is being look at. So I assume that the terrain mod is not up to spec for the latest patch.

Do I have to wait and see if we are getting the updated mods (terrain, aircraft, etc.) so that the Greece and Formosa terrain (or any other) will work with the latest patch?

Having issue with Bunyap's weapon pack too. Read the thread about how to fix it... looks like it will take a while or I should just use WOI weapon pack...

Keep the information flowing!

Thanks all