Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Just to be clear…

The FM’s DO support props

But the FM modelling post WOI / FE addon / latest patches are substantially different with many new parameters

The FE pre-addon SPAD XIII FM is very different to the current post-addon version

Which could/should mean redoing all (not just props) 3rd party aircraft FMs to make them properly compatible…large hurty task :blink:

The next iteration of the series probably won’t make any difference to individual 3rd party aircraft…except for providing a FM “template” for the modders to use

TK has put in a “default” Stallmodel in the AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI perhaps that can be modified for props on isolated installs as a stopgap…

Particlesystem.ini woes!problem solved.

safed my old keyboard file, and yes the new default.ini is changed

Jaeger

I tried that as well, but still no luck. I cannot get the commands to function as I have asked. Yet.

Hi all this is my first post, but I'm having a problem with WOE post patch. The stock F-15A bounces around and then blows up before I can take off. This does not happen on any other aircraft be it a stock aircraft or a mod. I've pulled the F-15A BAZ from WOI and it does not do this. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Here are a couple of screen shots. Thank you in advance.

post-2372-1222419525_thumb.jpg

post-2372-1222419537_thumb.jpg

post-2372-1222419551_thumb.jpg

post-2372-1222419561_thumb.jpg

I can now use normal "ThirdWire" bright blue sky at low altitude, and slowly transition to Oxcart Blue or "Lexx" :haha: blue at high altitudes.

80,000 feet with the HighAlt data poasted above. Notice the "horizon colour" defined band can be made to turn from standard white haze at sea level, to a bright blue at high altitude. This band drops away as you gain altitude, and becomes very thin, and really looks like the atmosphere's edge when looking at it from near space. Nice Patch.

Lexx That looks Amazing.... I really like your strategic sky/ sun / clouds/ rocket exhaust mods And your nuke package just rocks. I've got a seperate install going on with most of your mods, still playing

with the sky and sun, whenever I have some time I am going to get the clouds up and running as well. once I get that install finnished Theres gonna be a heck of a lot of high altitude mayhem. :biggrin:

I tried that as well, but still no luck. I cannot get the commands to function as I have asked. Yet.

I had the same problem. I can't remember how I solved it thoguh. Could be a Flightengine issue.

dont use old ( v08.30.06) :

- keyboard controls ini ( use the new default ini and remap it )

- flightengine ini

- aircraftobject ini

exception are those files which come from WOI ... those should not cause problems...

Theres always gonna be things i don't like about a patch, but i've only had 3 issues with this one...

1 The Carriers on Cuba Map

2 Some WWII Prop planes wont taxi and takeoff they just spin in a circle at the base

3 Having to edit the Data INIs of the planes flying with open Canopys

But when i compare that to what this patch adds, those are pretty minor and i can live with them. I'm having more fun in WOE than i have had in a long time. :good:

Yeah, but it's normal. I always got this kind of things every time that I change the version of MSFS. The difference is the wait and search for new planes, sceneries, better settings, etc, etc, etc....

Well, since I'm testing my Libya Campaign, I decide return to pre-patched WOE. Enemies setted on HARD (as usual), Flight in HARD, Ubber AI 2 running up.

I make a parallel WOE install to compare new campaign parameters.

Hi everyone, i tried the patches and follow wrench intructions, remove the .dat file recreated , but still no luck, no weapons at all, tried severeal times and........... nothing, i'm missing something that you guys know???

Yes you have to use the new stuff, the old will not work as I found out the other day with my CH stuff. If you are using any of those old files Crusader mentioned you are going to have the problems you are having now.

Hi everyone, i tried the patches and follow wrench intructions, remove the .dat file recreated , but still no luck, no weapons at all, tried severeal times and........... nothing, i'm missing something that you guys know???

No do not remove the re-created DAT file. If you have an old one, remove it, run the weapondata.ini through the editor, the editor will make a new .DAT file and you will be fine.

No do not remove the re-created DAT file. If you have an old one, remove it, run the weapondata.ini through the editor, the editor will make a new .DAT file and you will be fine.

Do you mean remove the WEAPONDATA.DAT from the Objects/Weapons folder?

Thanks Dave, but what if after a clean install, patch and add the weapons mod you get no weapons, neither before and after the .dat removal/replace and believe me, i use red airforce planes a lot.................... guaaa!!!!!!!

Do you mean remove the WEAPONDATA.DAT from the Objects/Weapons folder?

Yes, if it is an old one and you have not ran that wep pack through the new editor. Go ahead and delete it. Then run the editor.

Thanks Dave, but what if after a clean install, patch and add the weapons mod you get no weapons, neither before and after the .dat removal/replace and believe me, i use red airforce planes a lot.................... guaaa!!!!!!!

Which editor are you using?

Weapon editor 2008...............i have it

One other question that came to my mind:

What if i do the clean install, patch to the last working patch, verify if they are working and, add the latest patch, you guys, think it can do anything good to me???

Cheers bud. Will try that out. I'm getting sick of throwing rocks at MiGs from an open canopy as they fly past. :biggrin:

Man, thought I was the only one struggling with this.

So, if you use the new - controls ini, flightengine ini and aircraftobject ini, in WOI

You should be alright?

What about WOE/WOV?

I'm using the new stuff. And even tho the default control list is the same, the in flight keys don't match. And I can't get them to accept any changes.

I've tried the new .cmc file from CH, but I must not be loading it right.

Yes, if it is an old one and you have not ran that wep pack through the new editor. Go ahead and delete it. Then run the editor.

Which editor are you using?

Just tried that without any luck. Let me go through what exactly I did in case I'm doing something wrong:

1. Had the Feb 08 Weapons Editor from the start in case anybody's wondering.

2. As regards the latest weapons editor; is it still supposed to run in Win98/ME compatibility mode?

3. Deleted the WEAPONDATA.DAT file from the weapons folder and created a new one as per instructions above.

Still no joy.

Just tried that without any luck. Let me go through what exactly I did in case I'm doing something wrong:

1. Had the Feb 08 Weapons Editor from the start in case anybody's wondering.

2. As regards the latest weapons editor; is it still supposed to run in Win98/ME compatibility mode?

3. Deleted the WEAPONDATA.DAT file from the weapons folder and created a new one as per instructions above.

Still no joy.

Which wep pack are you using?

Are your weaponsdata.ini and weapondata.dat in your weapons folder?

Some addon terrains I'm exploding on runway, I'm sure ini edits can fix that shortly. Mostly in older terrains like the southwestern US terrain or the likes.

I have an answer for this one. Everything stems from the decision of not patching SFP1. Or in the least, not openly.

What happens with those terrain based on desert.cat, is that rightly so you pointed to desert.cat. In germanyce.cat, thoguh, there are updated desert_airfields inis, with proper taxi and parking definitions. It is just a matter of unpacking those files and throwing them into those desert-based installs. Even better, would be merging the two cats into an updated germanyce.cat that includes desert.cat as well.

Which wep pack are you using?

Are your weaponsdata.ini and weapondata.dat in your weapons folder?

I downloaded the Jan 08 MF Weapons Pack. I also opened its WEAPONDATA.INI with the Feb 08 WeaponEditor and saved changes.

Still throwing rocks unfortunately

Hi all this is my first post, but I'm having a problem with WOE post patch. The stock F-15A bounces around and then blows up before I can take off. This does not happen on any other aircraft be it a stock aircraft or a mod. I've pulled the F-15A BAZ from WOI and it does not do this. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Here are a couple of screen shots. Thank you in advance.

First thing to try is check whether you have the file F-15A_Data.ini in the F-15A folder - if so cut/delete it out of there so it uses the original from the cat file then try it.

I have an answer for this one. Everything stems from the decision of not patching SFP1. Or in the least, not openly.

What happens with those terrain based on desert.cat, is that rightly so you pointed to desert.cat. In germanyce.cat, thoguh, there are updated desert_airfields inis, with proper taxi and parking definitions. It is just a matter of unpacking those files and throwing them into those desert-based installs. Even better, would be merging the two cats into an updated germanyce.cat that includes desert.cat as well.

Dude this is a significant find. Because now my SFP1 desert terrain has aircraft on the airfields. Good on you Canadair, good on you! You might want to post this a sep post, or even add it to the terrain section of the KB.

Ultramax

Are you doing save or save as?

Save as weapondata.ini and select all files (not .txt)

Sorry for the delayed reply bud. I was doing 'Save'. Just tried what you've suggested. No luck there either I'm afraid. I'm going to try and re-install it now. Maybe by re-tracing my steps I might be able to find out if and where I went wrong