Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Anyone else getting sound issues?

Guest pfunkmusik

Using an HD 4850. Cat 8.9. No problems.

pfunk

still using a 9600, most features work ok at med to high settings except the flickering water on stock terrain think I can live with it until I start adding carriers to WOI

Aswim thats great to hear thanks! SargeSun.gif

With the TK's HighAlt feature, we no longer have to use deep blue for all altitudes.

However, we seem to have lost part of the Suncolor/Radiance feature...the color added to the sky facing the setting/rising sun. Previously, this only worked with CLEAR weather, so I assumed the Suncolor was not compatible with what TK had in mind for lighting beneath an overcast. Now it doesn't work at all. I am going to assume the Suncolor feature is incompatible with the new HighAlt feature. TK would know.

I need to see screenshots.

I need to update the cirrus clouds, to include my original one-ship one-cirrus method -- it gives a cirrus predictably where you want. For the new "advanced" methods, I'm not happy with the semi-random variable the game uses.

man i have been having nothing but problems with the patch. my controls are all out of whack now too. and when i go back in and edit them, it seems like it never gets saved, and reverts back to being screwed up. i noticed that they all moved up 2 spots somewhere in the View Controls area. ive tired deleting the control file, putting in a stock woe file, remapping my keys, everything. it always goes back to the funky controls. this is really pissin me off.

yep..

'cause you always use your OLD WOE files which isnt going to work since it is missing 2 new entries and some changed entries

but.. you can add the new stuff from the new default ini into your old WOE file.. simply open both files side by side then check each line

or.. use the new defaultini and remap it... I guess the time you spent on your old woe file so far is a multipl eof that what it takes to remap the new default ini LOL

have fun...

edited : yes

reason of edit : I love editing ...

Edited by Crusader

X1400 here, nothing much except for some flickering (which was due to the heavy use of the card in due part by me).

Using an HD 4850. Cat 8.9. No problems.

pfunk

Exactly the same over here, I use Cats 8.9beta

I just got everything working right in the patch for WOE, however in the readme for the update it states that there should be static aircraft on the airfields. I do not have this. Is there a certain file you must edit to get aircraft on your airfields.

They are there in every patched TW sim I own. I believe that under "Groundobjects" in graphic options, you need to select "unlimited".

Also, there are not aircraft parked at every airfield. If you cycle through external views of aircraft (defalt F6) you should come across some 0kt-parked-on-tarmac aircraft after a couple dozen keystrokes.

Thanks for your answers, however I tried changing the groundobjects file in graphics, and no matter what mission I fly, or which nation, there are no static aircraft anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your answers, however I tried changing the groundobjects file in graphics, and no matter what mission I fly, or which nation, there are no static aircraft anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Uninstall, reinstall, re-patch......unfortunately.

Oh, I don't disagree with you regarding the flickering issues...it's that the TW implementation calls for a shader that generates an animated, reflective, and transparent bumpmap. That sort of shader doesn't show well when transposed against the backdrop of specular tile.

In greece terrain,( DESERT.CAT based terrain!) at the moment I have no flickering, no anomalies in the water, no anomalies on coastlines.

Aside from the entry described in post no: 7 , to be added in Greece_data.ini:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

What I else did was

a: merging the germanyCe.cat and sp4's desertCAT (SEE HERE THE PROCEDURE I USED) into an updated massive desert.cat, to which the greece.ini has been pointed at.

b: replacing the [watertexturematerial] entry in greecedata.ini with a "modern" one, that calls for Watereffect.FX. (I copied such entry form Germance.cat)

This without touching the alpha stuff.

The theatre works a blast.

Edited by Canadair

Anyone tried using stress damage entries in WoV or WoE? The ones telling that a certain component falls off if g exceeds a set value. It was intrdoced for FEXP to make Albatros lose wingtips - still should be in the game engine.

I like that idea...would work great for larger aircraft that have lower G limits. Tougher on fighters in that the G limit has to be REALLY high for realistic catastrophic failure.

FastCargo

The most successful feature of this patch is fixing the widescreen format 16:10. Prior to the patch, the radar displayed up at the top right hand corner of the screen was actually not squared in shape but a rectangle. Now the sepct ratio is done properly.

Antoher great feature is that Soviet jet fighters like MiG-17 goes on to the guns while climbing firing at enemy aircrafts, also MiG-27 dispenses flares while doing a 30 degree bank and pulling on the stick. The AI work is an obvious improvement. I am also excited to see a squadron of MiG-17s bank gently and make turn gradually which renders real aerodynamics. Prior to the patch, like many other sims incuding Falcon 4, AI aircrafts can bank by 60 to 80 degrees in a flash! and then pull back on the stick like there is no blackout or G values!! I would think that was cheat before.

Anyhow, the patch is a great work except that it kills too many frame rates.

Found it.

From Alb D.V data.ini - the last entry in component description.

[BottomWingTipRight]
MaxG=4.0

anyone else seen this?

dunno if other aircraft do the same in WoE.....how do i correct it?

Yes you have to use the new stuff, the old will not work as I found out the other day with my CH stuff. If you are using any of those old files Crusader mentioned you are going to have the problems you are having now.

Thanks for reminding me of what i SHOULD have paid attention to when reading the instructions. I needed a good reload anyway, so I completely reloaded my setup, made all the changes listed here and recommended in the patch, and away we went. So far, so good.

As for how the game looks now, all I can say is..............."D**n."

I can now use normal "ThirdWire" bright blue sky at low altitude, and slowly transition to Oxcart Blue or "Lexx" :haha: blue at high altitudes.

80,000 feet with the HighAlt data poasted above. Notice the "horizon colour" defined band can be made to turn from standard white haze at sea level, to a bright blue at high altitude. This band drops away as you gain altitude, and becomes very thin, and really looks like the atmosphere's edge when looking at it from near space. Nice Patch.

gallery_6973_124_17519.jpg

gallery_6973_124_18174.jpg

Would be great to play in such atmospheric conditions with some death gliders and F-302. :biggrin:

Basher11 that feature has been in the patch since 2006.

Getting AircraftObject.DLL and GroundFormation.DLL CTDs in WOE with latest patch only mod is Berlin Crisis.

The sim is on a whole new level now. I was in the classic sabre vs mig dogfight and half of my guns jammed! It was after much more complex weaving around trying to keep on the mig. Now they don't just turn'n'burn 90% of the time.