Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Guest 531_Ghost

Stormtrooper,

Did you look here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=197306

The default keys.ini did change. Some, not a lot. What you see in my Command File there works perfectly. Even NEXT_AG_WEAPONS \

And I hate to be the only one that hasn't had this issue (so far) but, all I did was patch. No un-install re-install no "dance" at all. My games are all workin' fine. Weird.

Anyone else getting sound issues?

None here.

I have, however, gotten complaints from both the wife and daughter about how the basement sounds like WW3 in progress, and who is "Cowboy"?

I have, however, gotten complaints from both the wife and daughter about how the basement sounds like WW3 in progress, and who is "Cowboy"?

Then I guess WOX has suceeded in its purpose! :biggrin:

I 100% agree this sim has become SO good! I know its a modders sim but I did the unthinkable and installed WOI, WOE and WOV from scratch and applied september patch just to have the factory feeling: woooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!! The flight models of Phantom, F-15, F-16, KFir, Mirage etc. are just incredible!

A top notch sim, no doubt about it!

Thog10 is correct - they are there but not at every airfield. It's great fun blasting those defenceless 'Cubs' :yes: .

I 100% agree this sim has become SO good! I know its a modders sim but I did the unthinkable and installed WOI, WOE and WOV from scratch and applied september patch just to have the factory feeling: woooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!! The flight models of Phantom, F-15, F-16, KFir, Mirage etc. are just incredible!

A top notch sim, no doubt about it!

WOI is really good as a standalone sim with no mods. Well...widesky and JSF's new runways are a must, but beyond that it feels very complete with nothing else added. :ok:

I've particularly enjoyed dropping a couple Rockeyes on the lines of MiGs.

Does anyone know if destroying aircraft on the ground has any effect on the number that will come up to meet you in the following missions?

Dont play around with the Flightengine.ini.

Very bad juju.

Does anyone know if destroying aircraft on the ground has any effect on the number that will come up to meet you in the following missions?

I think it does. A least it did in WoI, AFAIK.

I think it does. A least it did in WoI, AFAIK.

TK said it does destroy the actual amount the enemy and yourselves have. Also hitting warehouses reduces supply - should be the same for wov/woe.

WOI is really good as a standalone sim with no mods. Well...widesky and JSF's new runways are a must, but beyond that it feels very complete with nothing else added. :ok:

Yes agree - the first one to feel good out of the box - helped a lot by the first good stock terrain. The planeset you get with it is pretty comprehensive - although I don't like the menu screen - luckily Kout has provided some free ones for download.

After playing a lot of default campaigns which are very good with everything set to Hard - Have added better high level flak, SA-7s , better sky, runway, and some missing weapons like the GBU-15, and early ECM pods used by the F-4s in 73.

did it CTD before you added the Berlin Crisis in?

Berlin Crisis may need some changes before it works in the new version

I am also excited to see a squadron of MiG-17s bank gently and make turn gradually which renders real aerodynamics. Prior to the patch, like many other sims incuding Falcon 4, AI aircrafts can bank by 60 to 80 degrees in a flash! and then pull back on the stick like there is no blackout or G values!! I would think that was cheat before.

Anyhow, the patch is a great work except that it kills too many frame rates.

The real MiG-17 has a very poor/slow roll rate maybe its down to that too :)

Basher11 that feature has been in the patch since 2006.

If you mean fighting in the vertical, that ability has been there since SP3.

Also, even the slowest rolling MiG can still roll 90 degrees in less than 1 second. In fact, the MiG-17s roll-rate was 136 degrees per second, though, it was inferior in this regard to even the A-6 Intruder :wink: It's ability to perform sudden maneuvers in the pitch axis was legendary....limited only by the pilot's strength and endurance. The MiG-23, OTH, was more of an attempt at a 'heavy' fighter, sacrificing agility for straight-line speed and BVR capabilities.

Emp_Palpatine::

Would be great to play in such atmospheric conditions with some death gliders and F-302. :biggrin:

U-2, SR-71, MiG-25, B-70, F-12, F-108, MiG-31, etc... will do just fine.

But its not for everyone. :biggrin:

I'll have to agree with the title, the new patch certainly has put a almost new feel to an already diverse sim. I will have to say......... It rocks!

Emp_Palpatine::

U-2, SR-71, MiG-25, B-70, F-12, F-108, MiG-31, etc... will do just fine.

But its not for everyone. :biggrin:

Yeah, of course... But Wrench (or was it someone else?) teased a few times ago with a F-302 model pic and that sort of extra-atmosphere ambiance would be perfect for such birds. Or Vipers. :biggrin:

It was me.

I'm still trying to get capun to cut the nose mesh seperate, so I can use all those Stargate themed nose arts on the Mongoose. Have USAF style tail codes for all 5 (or is it 6) DEADLEAUS class cruisers, plus serial numbers and such.

Don't have a screenie of (or if I do, I can't find it), but they're the same decals used on the SGC Talon here in the "What If..."

section.

U'dajeets (Death Gliders to us of the Ta'ri) don't need markings. But the pilot figure has swapable bmps with different head tatoos for the various System Lords

Wrench

kevin stein

gallery_12105_43_136711.jpg

IAF pilot pauses in his walkaround to watch a A-10 takeoff during a dispersed airfield exercise in early 80s Germany.

Includes:

WOI/WOE/WOV/SFP1 merged 'super stock' install.

GermanyCE terrain with:

JSF_Aggie highway airfields with dynamic parking slots added

JSF_Aggie high detailed airfield tiles

CA_Stary's tod terrain files

Brain32 terrain tiles

Gepards custom airfields

Airfield lighting and hardened shelter additions

Fubar512 terrain and water shaders

'Bloom' DirectX9 mod

Still working on integration of all these mods into a coherent terrain mod.

Oh hell yeah Harold GO MAN GO!

Is it just me... Or had dommages be remodelled? I mean, Planes can now survive Sidewinder or guns hit, not automatically down. I hit a Fresco with a side', and I had to finish him with the guns. Another mission, another one, I hit him with gunfire, and while damaged, still flying and trying to fight.

And me: hit by AAA, I'm not that damaged and still flying, while in previous times it was just a one-way ticket to PO camp.

All posts, etc related to the Sept 08 patches are being moved here. Its going to be a long thread but the forum is getting pieced mealed into too many patch questions all over the place and other posts are getting lost.

Noticed two other bugs playing:

In on DBS terrain (campaign LCW) The carrier seems to rock around alot. At first it appeared like TK went beyond my wildest dreams of capability and the carrier deck was swaying with the sea. But then it went to serious extremes with the rear of the deck angling to be in the water. Might be a heightmap thing like some other people have noticed.

Also, the drop down menus for aircraft and weapons supply don't seem to work, but I'm using the old ATF menu mod and may very likely be the cause, however every other menu works.

I was using the old USAF menus and they did not transition well. Went clean install for WoE due to this.

AIM-9's definitely got their warheads replaced, my guess? Fire crackers. Popped 4 into a Tu-22 Blinder, 1st was a bit far off, but the other 3 detonated within

specs and range, only messed the paint up a little.

I also think they used helium instead of nitrogen in the Eagles front wheel, it does not want to stay on the ground!

Overall, I do like it, a lot more challenging, especially in the 1st few flights of a campaign, the Reds have a serious numerical advantage, and are not easy to down...