Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Might as well see if the October patch fixed some of the WOV gremlins.

Well tk has put this for reference

For anyone else whos already put back together an install you may just be able to copy the new terrainengine.dll from the latest patch:

The Wrench,

Since the core game is still the same level, you'll need to apply B patch to a unpatched version.

The only file thats changed (besides some other minor installer fix) should be TerrainEngine.DLL in game's system folder. So if you need to update already patched version, just apply the B patch on clean install somewhere, and copy and overwrite that file over.

TK

I complained here about the effect of "wall" stopping the wingmen when reaching their leader level, it's gone with the october patch. They now are regrouping much more smoothly. Good thing !

I tried to add the old terrainengine.dll, and the game CTDs upon loading. That was the first thing I tried yesterday when I noticed the trees problem in the first place. How is TK doing on tracking down our trees?

Warren

Fix for RAZBAM A-1E in WOV after the new patches:

The "flipping over when the brakes are on or when the AI aircraft land".

Open the aircaft's data.ini and reduce the BrakingCoefficient on the two wheels to:

BrakingCoefficient=0.35

This stops the problem.

Regarding the October patch: It seems the aircraft selection list in the loadout screen works properly now when playing the default mercenary campaign, or any custom mercenary campaign. Earlier when using this selection list it resulted in selecting a different aircraft then the one I clicked on. I might need to test it some more to be sure, but so far so good. :good:

Funny, I appear to have lost the in-map names after installing vanilla WOV, then patch Oct 08b patch then Green Hell 2 with Brain's tiles ?

Extract the new HUDDATA.INI or delete the one you have got. I think that should do it.

Edited by The_Editor

Thankyou Editor...sorted. :good:

I had copied over my preferred HUD data from a pre-patched copy. Doh !

It's easy to do.

I forgot to change this:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0

Height=0

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

It gets rid of the radar on the top right of the screen.

I tried to add the old terrainengine.dll, and the game CTDs upon loading. That was the first thing I tried yesterday when I noticed the trees problem in the first place. How is TK doing on tracking down our trees?

Warren

No you need the TerrainEngine.dll from the Oct2008b patch - if you had already patched your game to oct2008a previously

since the september patch and even more with the october patch i have a high FPS loss when the strike planes hit there target. it seems that the explosion effect cause this horrible loss. the settings for effect and shadow are already at the low level.

my question is, is there a way do disable the shadows completely?

WOV clean install, MF weapons pack, campaign with stock planes, same tiles

THX

Jaeger

Jager: there sure is ... Options -->Graphics---> you'll see a title "Graphic Detail Level" , click the little black down arrow, and go to "Customize", there you can set most ot them . You'll see "Shadows". Try setting to LOW

Otherwise you'll have to comment out the shadow callout in each aircraft's main ini.

Wrench

kevin stein

since the september patch and even more with the october patch i have a high FPS loss when the strike planes hit there target. it seems that the explosion effect cause this horrible loss. the settings for effect and shadow are already at the low level.

my question is, is there a way do disable the shadows completely?

WOV clean install, MF weapons pack, campaign with stock planes, same tiles

THX

Jaeger

I have this problem too. It's not related to shadows at all, but I'm pretty sure it does have something to do with the effects. I'm not sure if it's the effects with MF weps pack, or something with the way the new patch handles the effects...

I have to say, the new patch was a bit of a dissapointment for me, but I suppose I should have seen that coming.

The only way the game will run now is with everything on low exept for cockpit and object textures on medium. With the settings like this, there are no static aircraft (Frame Rate killers, I'm sure), and the game looks the same as it did pre-patch, exept for pixelated sun effects, a 10-minute loading time and a 5 FPS drop all around. The new features are useless for me because I can't run any add-on planes without insane lag (but the F-105D-25 works fine...?), and the exhaust for all planes is still purple and still exits the tailpipe at a 30 degree angle.

That being said,

the desert map now has some more interesting bumps to it, the AI is much more able, the flight model is more refined and the new sky, however pixelated, looks good. I have to say that when a new computer finally comes my way, I'll gladly continue to spend my time playing this series.

Now I'm off to de-WOI the MF weapons pack and give all my planes the cleaner exhaust.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but I just extraced the ZSU-23 data.ini from the CATfile in my Oct 2008b patched WOE, and found that the nation name is Egypt and the start date is 1970...!

KS-19 and ZSU-57 are fine, but something's definitely wrong with that ZSU-23. And I double checked that I downloaded the right patch...

I'll post this over at TW.

I have to say, the new patch was a bit of a dissapointment for me, but I suppose I should have seen that coming.

The only way the game will run now is with everything on low exept for cockpit and object textures on medium. With the settings like this, there are no static aircraft (Frame Rate killers, I'm sure), and the game looks the same as it did pre-patch, exept for pixelated sun effects, a 10-minute loading time and a 5 FPS drop all around. The new features are useless for me because I can't run any add-on planes without insane lag (but the F-105D-25 works fine...?), and the exhaust for all planes is still purple and still exits the tailpipe at a 30 degree angle.

That being said,

the desert map now has some more interesting bumps to it, the AI is much more able, the flight model is more refined and the new sky, however pixelated, looks good. I have to say that when a new computer finally comes my way, I'll gladly continue to spend my time playing this series.

Now I'm off to de-WOI the MF weapons pack and give all my planes the cleaner exhaust.

Most of your Anti-Aircraft stuff in your ObjectData.cat file are from Egypt. I just changed it to Soviet, with an export option. Have not noticed that there is a difference at all, but you can change them to your liking.

Most of your Anti-Aircraft stuff in your ObjectData.cat file are from Egypt. I just changed it to Soviet, with an export option. Have not noticed that there is a difference at all, but you can change them to your liking.

No, I'm not going to go through my entire ground object folder and change everything to Soviet. It was never this way before. I think TK must have packed a WOI data.ini file into the WOE objects.cat by mistake.

And it will make a difference, seeing as the Egypt one starts in 1970, and the ZSU-34 from WOE should start in 1965 (checked in an old install). Hopefully it's just this one file.

the F-4 is definitely a different beast post-patch. No need for airbrakes there, it bleeds speed like nuts. I forced a MiG-21 to overshoot just by pulling as tight a turn as I could on the horizontal. He forced me to. I would have used the phantom's SUPERIOR THRUST, but it seems that the MiGs suddenly have booster rockets or something.

I was waxed by a MiG-19 so I dipped down low at 600 knots. He broke off, popped airbrakes and slowed to around 300. Then I pulled up, full burner, and flash-climbed. The MiG caught up to me in a 90 degree climb and almost gunned me down. That means that it went from 300 knots to about 450 knots while climbing straight up. I doubt the real thing can do that, considering that the Phantom slowed down 200 knots in the same climb.

don't get me wrong, I like a challenge. My wingie got the -19.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

I found a cure for the horrible FPS drop when large bombcarpets fell on the target.

The view distance for the effects is 18000 and for bomb smoke even 25000. Reducing this values to 10000 or 5000 - depending on your system - will save a lot of FPS and keep the FPS playable.

Go to Effects and search for SmallBombEffect.ini, LargeBombEffect.ini and MediumBombEffect.ini, in the .ini search for MaxVisibleDistance and change to the above values.

enjoy

Jaeger

Edited by jaeger_301

I've got some wierd glitches with shadows on certain aircraft. I updated the ini's for the patch as recommended in another thread...

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=800

...And recently I just happened to go to external view when taking off in a Viper and noticed this. Did my plane grow stretchy invisible legs or something?

th_67780_shadows3_122_842lo.jpg

th_67786_shadows4_122_799lo.jpg

th_67787_shadows5_122_717lo.jpg

It only happens when viewed from certain angles, and only on certain planes including the F-16's, F-111's, and MiG-25. Terrain type doesn't seem to matter.

th_67777_shadows1_122_355lo.jpg

th_67778_shadows2_122_30lo.jpg

th_67792_shadows6_122_1142lo.jpg

It's not a huge deal or anything, but I was wondering what might be causing it.

It's an issue with the actual aircraft LOD itself (probably an open mesh somewhere). You'll have to set the shadows the OLD way, and change it to FALSE.

Like so:

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE

ShadowLOD=Su-9A.shd

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=300

(btw, do this Pasko's Su-11, as it has the "link line" too.

Wrench

kevin stein

I've done a clean install and patched my SFP1 I've got a question with regards to the patch for SFP1 will Avionics 70.dll work for me and with regards to older modded a/c's say MIG-25, MIG-29, SU-27 do I still have to use the avionics.60dll ? Or can I change them to 70.dll ? :dntknw: