Sign in to follow this  
Klavs81

F-35 Lightning II BETA 1.7 RELEASE

I'm not a fan of modern military aircraft (i.e. post Tornado/F-14/F-15) but I liked this package from the word go.

The new FM sure does make it handle better but the thrust is way too high. Has this been done to compensate for anything else?

The new FM sure does make it handle better but the thrust is way too high. Has this been done to compensate for anything else?

No, it was done for a fun factor. After all it isn't operational yet. Also this is BETA 1.5. It will be fixed in an update.

Well hopefully when my joystick gets here I can fly it, only reason I haven't and that RAF version looks tight :good:

Where can I find this airship F-35 Lightning II to lower for FSX?

Where can I find this airship F-35 Lightning II to lower for FSX?

Try Avsim.com or Flightsim.com. This one is for WOE and WOI only.

AWESOME!!!!! i've been waiting for this one since for ever and it's finaly here!

thx dave and all the ppl that worked (and are still working) on it...

the auto baydoors won't work independently ie. u'll have to set all the bays for auto. i found out this is cuz the BD's anim is one for all the sets of doors it'd work if those where split into one for each slot.. like one for main bay, another for left missile bay and so on... but's just what i think it may need some testing ^^ (hope u got it my english sucks)

:good: It's cute, it's small and carries bombs, made me relook at this bird in a better way, smooth stuff :good:

Just a suggestion, an HSI would be a good addition...

F-35A updated to version 1.7.

Multiple changes, including fully automatic and correctly functioning internal weapons bays.

FC

Thanks for the update :victory: This is nice surprise!

Not bust your butt, but it should read 18,500 POUNDS of fuel, not gallons. 18,500 gallons would equal about 124,000 pounds of just fuel which is significantly greater than it's 60,000 Max TO weight :yikes:

Also, I found this pic, which might help (courtesey of JSF.mil &Wikipedia):

F35ctolstores.jpg

"I can`t run the gun, I copied it into the ini and than run the guneditor but the guns still don`t work..."

Sadly for some reason my gun fires behind me, you are most likely having this problem aswell.

Sucks, means i can only use missiles unless shooting my guns at someone whos dead on my six.

ungroovy.

The F-35A_Data.ini seems fine; what are your gun settings in the gundata.ini?

BTW, is there a fuel dump afterburner effect somewhere (just for personal use :grin: )?

No audio for RWR. Was doing a strike mission and got ambushed by a pair of Su-27s and took two AA-11s to the rear. Needless to say, not good.

All i know is the weapon "functions" just fine, its simply the fact the bullets go to the rear of the ac.

No .INI's give the reason as to why.

Hey Klavs81, I fixed the data.ini file on this so that the AI aircraft doesn't do donuts on the taxi-way and can taxi up to the runway to take-off. Am I cleared to upload the fix?

thx, what happend to the other versions?

The entry for the landing gears did not specify what axis they were operating on. So I think the AI got "confused" on how to operate the aircraft on the ground. Or was your question pertaining to something else?

I forgot to tell you...the F-35s have been working for some time now. I simply lowered the spring values on the struts.

The axis doesn't need to be specified as long as the wheels 'roll' properly. You only need to do that if they aren't rolling in the proper direction.

FC

I forgot to tell you...the F-35s have been working for some time now. I simply lowered the spring values on the struts.

The axis doesn't need to be specified as long as the wheels 'roll' properly. You only need to do that if they aren't rolling in the proper direction.

FC

Oh, ok... Odd, it seemed to solve the problem for me. Well, if you got it working, cool. I appologize for posting in this topic then.

I hope Klavs sees it, and adds it.

I've only ever done singletons as the AI would do their "DUH!" act. Hadn't a clue what to change.

Maybe both can be added for ßeta 1.8?