Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Strange CAS Problem in All Campaigns

Guest pfunkmusik

Including the stock ones.

If I fly the mission completely from TO to the IP, when I arrive at the scene of battle...there isn't one.

If I Alt-N, the battle is there and I can engage tanks. Experiencing this problem in all campaigns including stock ones. Made sure all tanks are going with stock .ini files.

Anyone else having this problem?

pfunk

How long have you waited around for?

Previously in WOE/WOV I could just bomb it to the target and they would appear as soon as I hit the IP - in WOI though if I fly there at over 400 kts for example I have to wait around a bit till they start to roll.

I remember this happening in SFP1 - but in WOI it seems to be part of the game.

Guest pfunkmusik
How long have you waited around for?

Previously in WOE/WOV I could just bomb it to the target and they would appear as soon as I hit the IP - in WOI though if I fly there at over 400 kts for example I have to wait around a bit till they start to roll.

I remember this happening in SFP1 - but in WOI it seems to be part of the game.

I'm going past the IP and I'm actually flying around the engagement waypoint for a few minutes and nothing's there.

If I Alt-N, the party's started.

pfunk

Edited by pfunkmusik

If that were the case red crown would either say mission failed or mission complete before he got there. And the battlefield would be filled with smoking wrecks.

I'm going past the IP and I'm actually flying around the engagement waypoint for a few minutes and nothing's there.

If I Alt-N, the party's started.

pfunk

What ive done in the past is leave the target waypoint on the map and fly around it till they make the snoopy call - but didnt time it tbh

Alt+N just before hitting the IP.

Also, try cycling through planes with F6 and see if snoopy is flying around somewhere, same with tanks and F7.

Guest pfunkmusik
Alt+N just before hitting the IP.

Also, try cycling through planes with F6 and see if snoopy is flying around somewhere, same with tanks and F7.

Tried it. That beagle is nowhere to be found.

pfunk

Including the stock ones.

If I fly the mission completely from TO to the IP, when I arrive at the scene of battle...there isn't one.

If I Alt-N, the battle is there and I can engage tanks. Experiencing this problem in all campaigns including stock ones. Made sure all tanks are going with stock .ini files.

Anyone else having this problem?

pfunk

Is this a campaign that you started before the latest patch? Just wondering, because I had a WOI campaign that I started before the Aug/Sep patch, and when I resumed the campaign I didn't see any targets on my next mission, which happened to be a CAS. Starting a new campaign took care of the issue for me.

DV

I've noticed this in mainly the Armed Reco mission in WOV...

I think it has something to do with timings to waypoints.

I guess if you blast out to the area @ 600kts you'll

have to wait a while.

later

Guest pfunkmusik
I've noticed this in mainly the Armed Reco mission in WOV...

I think it has something to do with timings to waypoints.

I guess if you blast out to the area @ 600kts you'll

have to wait a while.

later

Yup. If yer flyin' CAS, you may as well put it on Autopilot on the way in.

pfunk