Sign in to follow this  
column5

Screen Shot of the Month

Screen Shot of the Month  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which approach would you prefer?

• Screenshots only, with a winner picked every month
    • Screenshots and discussion, with no winner picked

The screen shot of the month threads are one one our most popular features. The moderators attempt to pick a winner every month, but looking through hundreds of shots and scrolling through many many comments is becoming a big drain on time.

This poll asks you to choose between two option on how we could move forward.

1. We limit the screen shot threads to screen shots only with no comments. This will reduce the number of posts and make it easier and quicker for us to go through all of the shots to pick a winner.

2. We keep things the way they are, allow comments, but ditch the choosing of a winner.

Feel free to post your opinions and suggestions.

The screen shot of the month threads are one one our most popular features. The moderators attempt to pick a winner every month, but looking through hundreds of shots and scrolling through many many comments is becoming a big drain on time.

This poll asks you to choose between two option on how we could move forward.

1. We limit the screen shot threads to screen shots only with no comments. This will reduce the number of posts and make it easier and quicker for us to go through all of the shots to pick a winner.

2. We keep things the way they are, allow comments, but ditch the choosing of a winner.

Feel free to post your opinions and suggestions.

Toss the comments and stick to the pics. That is the name of the contest, right?

HERE HERE!!! Pics only!!!

WRench

kevinstein

I think now is good and so well it should be...

Maybe I'm conservatist

Pics only.......

What about a thread for the screens and a separate thread for contest-related comments only?

I'm with pics only. If you want to comment, I'm sure the creator wouldn't mind a PM :)

Pics only....and display the winners pic on the homepage for the month, its a shame to let the time & effort go to waste by dissapearing into the archives somewhere.

Why not change the calandars pciture on the front of the pagt to the Pic of the Month.

Why not change the calandars pciture on the front of the pagt to the Pic of the Month.

++

I think spinners posted in the wrong place.

Aye.

Fixed.

Pics only, and in each pic post, members can select a rating ranging from 0 to 10. Infact, only paying members should be allowed to vote, encouraging non-paying members to sign up to pay for advanced membership, which will icrease CA's revenue. The moderator's only responsibility in this would be to make sure that all pics are not offensive and meet whatever standards maybe set forth for posted pics.

Edited by serverandenforcer

I like deuces idea. :lol:

I actually think that our current set-up is pretty good. Otherwise it'll be boring.

Screenshot of the day,like in the origin.

Than at the end of the month,you can choose between 28,30 or 31 screenies (linked by the month's lenght),one different theme per week,and...In some cases maybe a winner can be that for 2 times!

Rules:

First month a moderator declare the theme of challenge.Than after that it will be declared by the winner.

Everyday there's a challenge,more daily victories...more chance to win the monthly

But It's not a dogma,you can do it with a single shot if you're lucky!

Results you can add short messages.

After every week only daily winners screenies will be allowed in a page,so at the end of the month you can choose between 31 of them-a big reduction in space,other will be deleted.

The Daily winner is declared by the topic starter or in the some manner as today

The Month winner is declared than by a poll option opened to everybody.

Example

Topic Screenshot of the day

31 october 2008

31 remaining screenshots (1 per day other deleted daily by a moderator or the topic starter)

Start and open Screenshot of the month topic with the poll option-at the end of the last day the winner comes out

1st November Winner open november post and choose the theme

It's only an idea!

I say "Screenshots and discussion, with no winner picked"

We all like to know where some of the \<()()\_ things are that are posted come from. if we stop discussion how would we know? Plus I think tha powers that be are asking for a break.....

Yep that for sure!Screenshots idea becoming a time consuming adventure.So,If there's a break tobe given?It should Admid they need it.

On a personal note,I like theme screenshots better and 10 words or less comments.

screenshots with comments. Do the people choosing the winner have to read the text as well? it seems they should just be looking at pics.

what about one for screenshots and one for photoshopped pics?

OK, its pretty clear that people like the "contest" aspect of the screen shot thread, so we will keep that.

As you know, we are trying to introduce a monthly theme, October being "Autumn Sunset," but we don't want you to refrain from posting any shots that you really like. What we are going to do is allow any shots to be posted, but only judge the shots that are in keeping with the monthly theme.

At least for now, feel free to continue posting comments.