Last night I was flying the excellent Kamenta2 mission. On the way in, I was getting picked up pretty good by the AAA radars (I guess I was a bit too high, I need to learn to stay lower with the A10) so I ordered my wingman to take care of those annoying little buggers while I scanned the sky with the AIM-9's seeker looking for choppers.

So we're inbound and as we close in to about 5 miles, the Sidewinder locks up to a contact. A bit too eager and nervous, I immediatly launch the missile... only to see that in the middle of the circle was not a chopper but a nice "cross-like" silhouette. D'OH! I had just launched on my wingman who had sped up in front of me and was making a pass over the convoy! :o

Luckily, he was actually pumping flares continuously because he was so close to the convoy and I saw my missile explode into one of the flares. :lol:

Did I just miss it in my excitement or isn't there suppose to be some kind of X on the HUD when I'm targeting a friendly?

Any thoughts?

Guest MrMudd

Their is No Radar or a WAY to IFF or NCTR a Contact in the A10

This is Where your Eyeballs and Graymatter Come In.

Being an A10 Driver Requires a bit more G2 and Multitasked ability.

I guess he means by "G2" to "Ground to"

Best regards,

Farris

"G2" is short for General's Staff Intelligence department. In other words you gotta use your "Noodle" and not just push buttons and hope good things happen.

Hey I have a feeling that you guys are saying that I'm not using my head when flight-simming... ;)

Okay, okay... I admit it for THAT particular flight. :lol:

Nothing personal. It's just that some people think in "Arcade" mode and that you press a button or two and everything bad blows up. There is quite a lot more involved and SI is either going to minimize the risks and hazards, or lack of SI is going to get you a smoking hole reserved for one.

a radio would help with the SI tho' :)

also beng able to talk to awacs :)