Sign in to follow this  

after installing Update Sep 2008, DirectX End-User Runtimes Aug 2008, and finally weapon 01_02_08 pack, before starting a mission by whatever aviation equipment is non-existent! Why?

after installing Update Sep 2008, DirectX End-User Runtimes Aug 2008, and finally weapon 01_02_08 pack, before starting a mission by whatever aviation equipment is non-existent! Why?

I done the same it messed up WOV and WOE no weapons in the loadout screen ever after reinstalling the game mit still hjappens

For each of the weaponless aircraft, check the AttachmentType= in the located in the Data.INI file under //Weapon Stations. The MF Weapons Pack uses AttachmentType=NATO,USN, USAF format, which is different than the Bunyap Weapon Pack format. If the AttachmentType= does not match the Weapon Pack format, you will have no weapons at the loadout screen.

Guest Sony Tuckson

what WoV weapons pack are you talking about?

MF released a WOI weaponspack and a WOE weaponspack, no WoV pack as far as I know

Sadly, it is not a good idea to install a weaponsapck on a game it was not prepared for, unlike planes...

Here is what i've found and posted in another topic before:

1) install the game (meaning "clean" install)

2) install the lastest updates.

3) install the weapons pack (it works for Bunyap and MF wp)

4) go to wo*\Objects\Weapons and look for the WEAPONDATA.DAT and erase it

5) open the weapon editor (must be the last one, you can find it here in combat ace)

6) look for the wo*\Objects\Weapons\WEAPONDATA.INI and open it.

7) click on "save as" and overwrite weapondata.ini

8) now you are good to go with a lot of weapons.icon10.gif

Once again thanks to the Wrench for his invaluable support.

Pretty sure none of the weapons packs are updated for Sept 2008 - and Bunyaps one will also replace all your flight models with older ones that wont have the changes to work for the new patch. if you need a weps pack then you could only install the "weapons" folder from it then compile the weapondata.ini with the latest version of the weps editor.

If the gate weapons08 folder within the program appear in few weapons, depending on the type of aircraft chosen, or the type of mission that I am going to fly!

Here is what i've found and posted in another topic before:

1) install the game (meaning "clean" install)

2) install the lastest updates.

3) install the weapons pack (it works for Bunyap and MF wp)

4) go to wo*\Objects\Weapons and look for the WEAPONDATA.DAT and erase it

5) open the weapon editor (must be the last one, you can find it here in combat ace)

6) look for the wo*\Objects\Weapons\WEAPONDATA.INI and open it.

7) click on "save as" and overwrite weapondata.ini

8) now you are good to go with a lot of weapons.icon10.gif

Once again thanks to the Wrench for his invaluable support.

I followed this to the LETTER and my WOE STILL has ZERO weps to choose from :blink:

Firstly open up the weapondata.ini in the "weapons" folder with the latest weapons editor and check it lists all the weapons including the stock ones.

if it does hit the save button and check again

i tried opening the weapen editor and all i got was a black screen :blink: it is set to compatibility for 98

Firstly open up the weapondata.ini in the "weapons" folder with the latest weapons editor and check it lists all the weapons including the stock ones.

if it does hit the save button and check again

Still no weaps

i tried opening the weapen editor and all i got was a black screen :blink: it is set to compatibility for 98

Getting it open needs to be the first thing

Check you have Version 20/02/08 and its in 98/me compatibility mode

If so one fix was to move it to here: "C:\WINDOWS\system" and create a shortcut to it from the desktop (dont move any other files in this folder or you could have trouble)

Or see Typhoids post here that may help http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=32595&hl=

Why it now aint working for some people - well I guess some program is keeping it shut - just dont know which. Are you using XP Home or professional and are you on XP SP3?

Getting it open needs to be the first thing

Check you have Version 20/02/08 and its in 98/me compatibility mode

If so one fix was to move it to here: "C:\WINDOWS\system" and create a shortcut to it from the desktop (dont move any other files in this folder or you could have trouble)

Or see Typhoids post here that may help http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=32595&hl=

Why it now aint working for some people - well I guess some program is keeping it shut - just dont know which. Are you using XP Home or professional and are you on XP SP3?

using xp home. i got it open and followed the instructions, but, nothing! btw, the controls in WOV are not the same as before the patch

i tried to set them up in the options menu but they still dont work right as before the patch :blink: This whole situation is sad

Right so you managed to open up weapondata.ini which should be in your objects\weapons folder and you can see all the weapons including the stock ones in the editor?

Also in the object\weapons folder you should have all the files needed for the 3rd part weapons - are they there?

Can we just confirm:

You installed the game from scratch

then installed the sept2008 patch (you cannot install the patch over a game you have modified already)

Then installed the MF weapons pack? (which one?)

None of the weapons packs are updated for Sept2008 I believe so if you installed the whole thing then it will have placed old files in your game which are screwing certain things up.

If you must install a weapons pack install it to a new folder on your desktop - then open the folder and copy over the Weapons folder only to your new install.

The controls will have been reset if you installed it over your existing game.

I installed the weap pack on a clean, 08 patched, install no mods so i'll try this again without a weap pack

I followed this to the LETTER and my WOE STILL has ZERO weps to choose from :blink:

make sure you're using the latest weapons editor. this happened to me, too, which almost caused me to abandon the game completely (or play it without the update). turned out i was using an old version of wep editor, and that's why the weapons didnt show up. but when i used the latest one (downloaded from thirdwire), the weapons became available.

steps:

1. fresh install of WOV

2. installed the sept 2008 update

3. installed bunyap's weapons pack (jul06)

4. deleted weapondata.dat

5. launched (latest version) weapon editor in windows 95 compatibility mode

6. opened weapondata.ini

7. saved as weapondata.ini, overwrite the file

8. launched WOV

you should be good to go so long as you have the latest weapon editor