Sign in to follow this  

How does the Falklands 1982 campaign do over a 2008 patched WOV install? Anyone had any issues with it?

How does the Falklands 1982 campaign do over a 2008 patched WOV install? Anyone had any issues with it?

It worked to me, except that I can´t see any weapons. Can you help?

It worked to me, except that I can´t see any weapons. Can you help?

Download the latest weapons editor from the downloads section. You just need to open up the weapondata.ini file and then save it using the new editor. That should fix it. Let me know if you need more specific instructions. There's also more info in the "Officail September Patch" thread, or whatever it's called.

Anyone else tired Falklands 1982 yet? The readme says some things about issues with WOI, but I don't know if those have been fixed by the latest patches or not.

Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow...

Download the latest weapons editor from the downloads section. You just need to open up the weapondata.ini file and then save it using the new editor. That should fix it. Let me know if you need more specific instructions. There's also more info in the "Officail September Patch" thread, or whatever it's called.

Anyone else tired Falklands 1982 yet? The readme says some things about issues with WOI, but I don't know if those have been fixed by the latest patches or not.

Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow...

Can you give me a link to that weapons editor? I downloaded one from BUFF that is not working properly.

TIA

Javier

Can you give me a link to that weapons editor? I downloaded one from BUFF that is not working properly.

TIA

Javier

The weapons editor crashes as I try to open or import.

the 2004 editor works the same :blink:

I can´t go to war without weapons...

Right click it, go to compatibility, and run it in windows 95 mode. :ok:

You need the latest weapons editor from Thirwire. Go to their site, downloads section, and get it from there.

Nothing works!

I tried both editors (pre-sept and after-sept2008) and configured to win95 and win98 compatibility and they crash as fast as I push the "open" button.

I can´t figure why it´s working for you and isn´t for me. Perhaps my Spanish Windows?

Cheers,

Javier

As I expected (so why did I try this again?) and as was mentioned in the readme, there are some issues with SP5. Carrier cat values can be tweaked to get harriers to take off, but then they have trouble landing, and there are some missing parts...

img00001-2.jpg

Didn't do a lot of other testing, but I'm sure there are other issues.

I'm just gonna stick with the SP4 version for now...

Nothing works!

I tried both editors (pre-sept and after-sept2008) and configured to win95 and win98 compatibility and they crash as fast as I push the "open" button.

I can´t figure why it´s working for you and isn´t for me. Perhaps my Spanish Windows?

Cheers,

Javier

It may have to go in the windows system folder - other people have had this problem so check out those other threads

Nothing works!

Cheers,

Javier

so it isn't just me.............

There is something in one of the new Windows patches that crashes the editor. I've also had this problem and it has been very detrimental to modding.

I haven't figured this one out yet. I have had this occur on two computers with XP and Service Pack 3. But another computer with service pack 3 works ok and others with service pack 3 report no problems. So something else that Microsoft pushed out in one of the updates has crashed those editors.

A couple of work arounds that seem to work;

from an earlier conversation with TK on this

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...d=a&start=8

"Are you on XP or Vista? If you're on XP, go Start menu->Run... and type in "cmd", that should bring up command prompt.

Change directory to where your editors are (usually type "cd c:\where your\editors are\" etc, if its on different drive, you might have to type "d:" first).

Then try typing in "WeaponEditor" or "GunEditor" (and hit enter) and see what happens.

hmmm, btw, I just noticed that I don't have anything set for compatibility, so you might try that with the compatibility box unchecked and see if that makes any differnces too.... "

this works. Be sure to check the compatibility mode.

Having just said that - this no longer works for me for reasons not yet understood. Now I put the editor and the key files, both the ini and dat files along with what is being edited, onto a flash drive and plug into one of the two computers I have available that this still works on. I can either edit while on the flash drive or put the files into them and work on them there. Then paste them back into the appropriate folders on your computer. This still works for me but is beyond cumbersome!

let me know how this works - I'm very interested in trying to figure this one out.

The good news is the Mirage Factor weapons packs do the complete install for you.

It may have to go in the windows system folder - other people have had this problem so check out those other threads

TK's comment on that is DO NOT put anything into the windows system formula!

my post and link above.

yep - Ive had no problems at all and Im totally up to date with XP SP3

so it isn't just me.............

There is something in one of the new Windows patches that crashes the editor. I've also had this problem and it has been very detrimental to modding.

I haven't figured this one out yet. I have had this occur on two computers with XP and Service Pack 3. But another computer with service pack 3 works ok and others with service pack 3 report no problems. So something else that Microsoft pushed out in one of the updates has crashed those editors.

A couple of work arounds that seem to work;

from an earlier conversation with TK on this

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...d=a&start=8

"Are you on XP or Vista? If you're on XP, go Start menu->Run... and type in "cmd", that should bring up command prompt.

Change directory to where your editors are (usually type "cd c:\where your\editors are\" etc, if its on different drive, you might have to type "d:" first).

Then try typing in "WeaponEditor" or "GunEditor" (and hit enter) and see what happens.

hmmm, btw, I just noticed that I don't have anything set for compatibility, so you might try that with the compatibility box unchecked and see if that makes any differnces too.... "

this works. Be sure to check the compatibility mode.

Having just said that - this no longer works for me for reasons not yet understood. Now I put the editor and the key files, both the ini and dat files along with what is being edited, onto a flash drive and plug into one of the two computers I have available that this still works on. I can either edit while on the flash drive or put the files into them and work on them there. Then paste them back into the appropriate folders on your computer. This still works for me but is beyond cumbersome!

let me know how this works - I'm very interested in trying to figure this one out.

The good news is the Mirage Factor weapons packs do the complete install for you.

Well...

Now the weapons editor works by following your instructions (running with "cmd"), but the sim refuses to start with the new weapondata.dat file that it creates. If I delete this file, the sim starts.

What should I do next?

Cheers,

Javier

It worked!

I really don´t know how.. :no:

Well, the first issue that I found and matters to me is the water looking weird (black spots) at the distance.

Cheers,

Javier

yep - Ive had no problems at all and Im totally up to date with XP SP3

I've had differing results with different computers at that level. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that something co-incident with that, probably computer maker specific, is interfering with the program.

Interesting that Javis is now working. A definite data point for further investigation.

wish I knew what I was looking for........................

:dntknw:

I´ve been flying some missions and campaigns from the argentine side and I have to say that I discovered that is difficult to view another plane over the water and to fire.

Also, from an historical point of view, argentines bombs were retarded to avoid the explosion from the planes, since they use to release them from no more than 10m above. Is it possible to modify the bomb to make an explosion some 10 seconds after impact?

TK's comment on that is DO NOT put anything into the windows system formula!

my post and link above.

The only way to put weapons editor to work for me was locating it in windows/system folder(Dave´s hint)

It works perfectly since then.My copy of WOV is september patched.

I only have to change into Terrain/Malvinas/Malvinas.ini folder from Desert/Desert.cat to VietnamSEA/VietnamSEA.cat in order to be able to activate the airfields and the stock objects.

Since then Falklands it´s working fine , AND aircrafts are using the new improved AI routines.

The only real problem are minor graphic glitches in water and the usual idiotic behaviour of the wingman.(he really is not worthy of his paycheck)

Edited by Luiz Carlos

Fire the wingman! He came out from the MCDonald´s Academy! :pioneer:

I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Premium, Has anyone tried to run the weapons editor from inside the Zip? I right click on the zip select explore and then double click the editor without extracting it and so far i have had no problems. Not sure, but maybe this will help.

I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Premium, Has anyone tried to run the weapons editor from inside the Zip? I right click on the zip select explore and then double click the editor without extracting it and so far i have had no problems. Not sure, but maybe this will help.

I'm on XP, but my weapons editor problem is now solved by running it from with the 7z zipped file. That does work. running within the system directory (any) had no effect.

now its the mission editor that's crashed............

:sad: