Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogg

A Sim I'd Like To See Developed

Many of you may remember the Sim US Navy Fighters and the Marine Fighters Addon, well that's where I wanted start.

I would love to see a Flight Sim that would model and be based upon a MEU, (Marine Expeditionary Unit). I remember a Sim called Flying Nightmare II was trying do something like that, but it went the way of vaporware as far as I know.

I would Love to see a developer model an AV8-B along with V-22 and place the setting on a USS Essex Class Ship\Amphibious Battle Group. The Harrier AV8-B, while not being the most nimble or fastest fighter available; has the making for a great simulated airframe due too it's unique VTOL, and All Weather capibilities. And it does have a heck of a punch!

Jane's Marine Fighters Addon did a pretty good job in modeling these features; however needless to say the sim is dated in most respects.

Along with a Good F-14 Sim, this would be my most requested Sim (LOCKON excluded). Seems to me Naval/Marine Aviation makes for better simulation content because of carrier-bourne aircraft, which makes invasion missions\building a dream!

Just my thoughts, how bout yours?

BirdDogg.

Could not agree more. This is something I'm hoping gets added to LOMAC. I remember in USNF, having to fly cover for the Marine landing force, seeing LCAC's running up on the beaches was pretty cool.

Now take that format, and add LOMAC graphics and models, and you have my dream sim.

I'm talkin somethin like a combo between Fleet Command, USNF, and some kind of Amphidious landing thing. But from a flight sim point of view. Having shore bombardment, and Alpha strikes while the Marines are landing, then protecting the beach head, and supporting the move inland.

I think our best hope would be for some kind of LOMAC add-on, and yes I would pay for it.

Personally, all I want to fly in LOMAC (right now) is the A-10. Until they add some carrier ops for us Yanks, for now the A-10 flights will be placing second to NHL 2004.

But if they were to add some kind of X pack with the Navy/Marine stuff.... I may never leave my house again.

Cheers,

Saffell

Edited by snapple2993

Guest MrMudd

I'm with ya there buddy!

I spent 3 years enlisted reserve as an Anglico FO before my Commision in the airforce. I was fortunate enought to do an exchange tour with an F18D squadron and Experiance life on the Boat for 2 weeks as a Qualed Carrier Pilot. It was the Best damn 8 months of my career. I enjoyed it immensly.

I have been on the phone with Carl "Storman" Norman several times and have buggered the pis out of him on the very same subject of a MAGTF or a MEU with Supporting LHA's and carrier aviation. they are looking at several potential addons for the lomac Title.

But i wont steal his Fire. :ph34r: You will just have to wait and see what happens after lomacs release.

lips are sealed on this one B)

An opportunity to fly a harrier would be awesome. I keep hoping some developer will pick a title and just make some killer addons for it, rather than a whole new sim. The graphics of LO-MAC'll be good enough for a couple years, and in that time imagine the host of additions and aircraft than can be added.

I've said it before... so I'll say it again.

The Hornet looks way way way too good to be AI only.

I wont be shocked if this is added for the RELEASE... but I will be very pleased.

Not saying that I'm counting on it, but it looks like the strongest possible near-future add-on.

with the bug.... comes..... U.S. CARRIER OPS!

I'm really hoping for LOMAC to be a long line of addon's. One of the things I loved about the Janes series, was all the different places to fly/fight.

I had the big collection (USNF/USMF/Euro Fghters. etc.) And if I recall correctly, they had one campaign, for Ukraine, Kamchatka (or was it Korea?), Falklands, and one in the Baltic.

I'd like to see all of these options, and more. Hopefully they will add a few new maps or someone can mod them, and make a really good middle eastern campaign.

But ofcourse this is all speculation and wishful thinking.

But I will keep my fingers crossed until ED says "No! We will never do that".

Oh... the Big Cat is the plane I really wanna see added.

Oooooo Oh!... Just thought of a Grenada campaign... wouldnt be long, but kick ass!

MrMudd,

I hope it pans out! I think that a MAGTAF/MEU gives us the best opportunity to create coastal invasion mission. Combined with a good mission editor and maps (coastal regions) and you have the makings for some serious Sim time!

Coupled with the fact that you would be engrossed with supporting troops directly, as real life Marine Pilots do. (not to say other forces pilots don't.) Marine Pilots are stationed very near their ground-force-counterparts by design, giving them a more envolved feel for the ground war; and faster air support reaction times that's what the VTOL is all about. The only Sim I ever got that feeling in was Janes FA-18 when I created Landing Force type mission.

I would go Ape$h!t over a dedicated Amphibious Warfare Sim which just has not occurred yet. While there are countless F-16 Sims, a few F-18 and a dozen WWII Sims out there. no developer yet has taken on the Harrier or the F-14. (Complex yes, but not impossible to do and do well).

They say Flight Sims are dying, but I have to believe that Sims like LOMAC with a Naval/Amphibious Addons could bring the genre back with a vengence!

BirdDogg.

Edited by BirdDogg

I'd like to see Marine Air in a Sim.

Littoral warfare, CAS, and strikes no further than 25mi. from the beach.

if LOMAC -Lonbow2- and OFP could somehow mingle together to make one sim I would be a happy camper.

if LOMAC -Lonbow2- and OFP could somehow mingle together to make one sim I would be a happy camper.

SEMPER FIDELIS! I'd fly nothing else but Cobra Cobra Cobra all day and night.

Guest MrMudd

Ah-1Z baby! B) I love Helos!

post-5-1067283016_thumb.jpg

Guest MrMudd

Fs2004 fan addon in the works at www.hovercontrol.com

post-5-1067283374_thumb.jpg

That would be cool.

Of course, it would also be cool to have an RAF sim.

Tornado ADV, IDS, Jaguar, Harrier, Pumas, Gazelles, WAH-64....

A RAF based Sim would be a cool a$$ sim to see developed too! I've always wanted to fly British\European Fighters. Throw in a Dasault Fighters Series as an add-on to an RAF and Royal Navy based simulation, and I'm never leaving house!!! :D

I think this thread is starting to prove the opposite to FlightSims being dead?

There's definately no lack in Flight Sim Content just developer vision maybe?:( (LOMAC, IL2 and P1 exempt)

Anywho, would love to see these types of Sims on somebodies drawing board.

BirdDogg B)

Edited by BirdDogg