Sign in to follow this  

Did you know that Wings Over Europe contains a carrier and you don't need a copy of WOV to use it! You can install the carrier but it will require some work.

First you will need a cat file extractor.

Step 1

If you use the extractor to view the object cat file (\objects\objectdata.cat) you will find a series of files that start with CV-63 or CV63. Extract all these files and drop them into a newly created directory CVA-63 (which you should create in \Objects\GroundObject\).

Step 2

Create a file in that directory which you call CVA-63.ini, this file is required to tell the game where it can find the different lod's and bmp's for the carrier.

Step 3

In that CVA-63.ini you need to paste following data:

[GroundObjectData]
ObjectName=CVA-63
ObjectFullName=CVA-63
ObjectDataFile=CVA-63_DATA.INI

[LOD001]
Filename=CV-63.LOD
Distance=600

[LOD002]
Filename=CV-63_LOD002.LOD
Distance=800

[LOD003]
Filename=CV-63_LOD003.LOD
Distance=1000

[LOD004]
Filename=CV-63_LOD004.LOD
Distance=2000

[LOD005]
Filename=CV-63_LOD005.LOD
Distance=15000

[LOD006]
Filename=CV-63_LOD006.LOD
Distance=30000

[Shadow]
CastShadow=FALSE
ShadowLOD=CV-63_SHADOW.SHD
ShadowType=1
ShadowCastDist=10000
MaxVisibleDistance=150

Step 4

To install the carriers in a campaign or or single mission follow these instructions and now you can fly from carriers in WOE without needing a copy of WOV.

PS1 A tutorial for the cat extractor can be found here.

PS2 I did not test this for Strike Fighters or WOI, have a look in their cat files and you might be lucky.

PS3 Here is proof that this method worked, after installation I made a short flight off the decks of the Kitty Hawk.

CVA-63.jpg

OntheCat.jpg

Launch.jpg

LookingBack.jpg

Ontheslope.jpg

Lookinggood.jpg

BackHome.jpg

Fun fact: You don't need to bother extracting the CV-63 files from WOE's objectcat. Bascially all you need is the CVA-63.ini file...and the texture, which AFAIK doesn't come with WOE.

EDIT: Oh, they do come with WOE. Well, you learn something every day...

Oh yeah, another secret: The SCB-125 is in the WOE objectcat as well.

Edited by Gocad

Everything from WOV is in the WOE cat.

Its no secret.

It is to those folks that don't look..... :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

I finally got my carrier ops back up and running again, thanks to the changing of the 75.000 heightoffset in all of my terrains. I did a little mod to the CVN-75 so that all of the Nimitz class carriers are present (I renumbered them) The freeware carrier is a lot better looking than the Thirdwire one. Link to Freeware Carrier CVN-75 If anyone would like a copy of my little mod to them, let me know, I will zip them up, and post them to the site. It will give you carriers CVN-68 to CVN-76. If someone would build a nice SCB-125, and then a pre SCB-125 (SCB-125 was the code name given to carriers from WW2 that got a slanted deck angle added to them, along with better catapults) That would be bad ass! I am working on some nice Desert Storm missions too. I am having trouble with the FA-18A though, it seems to crash the game when I am done, or crash during a mission (sorry, I am gonna post that question in my own topic)

I do not have many port over problems at all, after some massive INI editing anyway. I like that you can use ground map too, I added it to most of my modern aircraft! I am pretty stoked about this update, WOE is definitely running better than before, and I do not think I will go back to WOI.

Edited by WombRaider

WombRaider,

I would like to have your edits, please.

And probably any instructions you can offer on how to make the edits.

Thank you!

Edited by TurtleHawk

Using the cat. extractor... unable to find "Clem-65?" The French Carrier "Clemenceau" under WOV Groundobject folder. I only see CV-63 and SCB-125 :dntknw:

Oops, I meant WOE...

Maybe becasue the Clemencau is an aftermarket, 3rd party mod

wrench

kevin stein

WombRaider,

I would like to have your edits, please.

And probably any instructions you can offer on how to make the edits.

Thank you!

It was pretty easy, just renumber the deck decal, and the island one. You have to also black out the lightmap, so a glowing 75 does not show at night. I need to figure out how to get tham all to light up correctly, but it is not that important. I will zip them up, an post them to the board ASAP.

Kevin "Wrench"

It is possible, however... the french carrier is already in the Ground-object folder when I downloaded the WOE, I did not add any third party carrier to WOE only third party aircraft.

Will, I will be trying to add CV-63 from WOV to WOI...? I hope it will work.

Have you looked in the WoE objects.cat?? Right between "cargoship" and CV-63, is NOTHING!!! Clemenceau would be right in between. It has to be a 'stand-in' built from something else, like Hinch's Eagle or Hermes or something. What' the name of the LOD file? (no that that matters, as folks DO rename them). Are all the LODs, skin bmps & tgas and inis in that folder?

Marcfighter is working on a FOCH class, Sao Paulo, but it's not released yet.

Show me a screenie; we need to see this to properly ID this boat! If TK had released a new carrier, don't you think he'd have let us know? :dntknw:

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin,

Sir... you are not going to believe me. I cannot find it now!? :crazy: IT WAS RIGHT THERE...!!! I have even open the files several times since two days ago? The file was "Clem-65" :shok::sorry:

To answer your question... NO... the LOD, bmp, and tgas are not all in the file.

I knew I should copy the file!!! :dntknw: #@%#%$^#^@@$@!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that Wings Over Europe contains a carrier and you don't need a copy of WOV to use it! You can install the carrier but it will require some work.

First you will need a cat file extractor.

Step 1

If you use the extractor to view the object cat file (\objects\objectdata.cat) you will find a series of files that start with CV-63 or CV63. Extract all these files and drop them into a newly created directory CVA-63 (which you should create in \Objects\GroundObject\).

Step 2

Create a file in that directory which you call CVA-63.ini, this file is required to tell the game where it can find the different lod's and bmp's for the carrier.

Step 3

In that CVA-63.ini you need to paste following data:

[GroundObjectData]
ObjectName=CVA-63
ObjectFullName=CVA-63
ObjectDataFile=CVA-63_DATA.INI

[LOD001]
Filename=CV-63.LOD
Distance=600

[LOD002]
Filename=CV-63_LOD002.LOD
Distance=800

[LOD003]
Filename=CV-63_LOD003.LOD
Distance=1000

[LOD004]
Filename=CV-63_LOD004.LOD
Distance=2000

[LOD005]
Filename=CV-63_LOD005.LOD
Distance=15000

[LOD006]
Filename=CV-63_LOD006.LOD
Distance=30000

[Shadow]
CastShadow=FALSE
ShadowLOD=CV-63_SHADOW.SHD
ShadowType=1
ShadowCastDist=10000
MaxVisibleDistance=150
Step 4

To install the carriers in a campaign or or single mission follow these instructions and now you can fly from carriers in WOE without needing a copy of WOV.

PS1 A tutorial for the cat extractor can be found here.

PS2 I did not test this for Strike Fighters or WOI, have a look in their cat files and you might be lucky.

PS3 Here is proof that this method worked, after installation I made a short flight off the decks of the Kitty Hawk.

CVA-63.jpg

OntheCat.jpg

Launch.jpg

LookingBack.jpg

Ontheslope.jpg

Lookinggood.jpg

BackHome.jpg

Hi King Albert,

you did good job!

It is my dream that I could fly whit F-14 from carrier,  :airplane:

How did you that? i did 4 steps but nothing happened! how can i add F-14 to WOE campaign? 

and i have another problem.   

[TargetAreaXXX]
Name=[carrier station name]
Position=xxxxxx.xx,yyyyyy.yy [ can you write me some Positions?]
Radius=5657
ActiveYear=0
Location=1

Dariush.