Sign in to follow this  
LCountach

MF's MiG-23s not loading R-24s or Tanks

I am fairly new to this sim but I am starting to get the hang of configuring it. I am flying WOE. Unfortunately I can't solve my situation with MF's MiG-23s. I am using their "SFP1_WOV_WOE_Weapon_Pack_01_02_08" and the WOE Sep2008 patch. I have re-saved the "WEAPONDATA.INI" and all other plane's weapons work fairly well. I then suspected the LOADOUT.INI. Sure enough it was referencing AA-7R and their pack only has up to AA-7D. I then edited the loadout to carry AA-7Cs and still no luck. Ingame the "Loadout" "Stores Available" doesn't even show any AA-7(R-23/R-24) missiles available. I then checked the DATA.INI and the "WEAPON_STATION" do support "SAHM". I have also checked the service dates of both the plane and missiles. The AA-7C dates are 1978 to 0. I understand this to mean the missile doesn't go out of production ever. The Mig-23ML is from 1978 to 1990 and the Mig-23MLD is from 1984 to 1998. Even MF's own Pack and Planes don't match each other! I am stumped!

As if that wasn't bad enough the Mig-23MLD's LOADOUT.INI references "Tank800_MiG23" which is not even included in their WepPack. I edited both the LOADOUT.ini and DATA.ini to the available "Tank790_MiG23" and the tank does add the extra fuel but it is not visible on the plane! AAHHH!!!

These technicalities are whipping my butt! I must have missed something somewhere. Can someone please help me? Please?!?!?

On a related side note. Shouldn't MF's 8-30-2008 WOI Only pack work with WOV and WOE with the Sep2008 patch? Am I using the correct WepPack for WOE?

Try adding this line to the underwing pylons.

SpecificStationCode=AA7

On a related side note. Shouldn't MF's 8-30-2008 WOI Only pack work with WOV and WOE with the Sep2008 patch? Am I using the correct WepPack for WOE

NO!!!!

That pack is SPECIFICALLY designed ONLY for WoI. Really wouldn't use it if I were you, for WoV/WoE.

Unfortunately I don't know where the WoE TMF WepPak will arrive. There is one in the works.

BTW: to help with your problems, have you read the Weapons and Loadout Threads I maintain in the Knowledge Base???? There's one of the Bunyap Pak and another for the TMF WoI Pak. I"d really suggest reading BOTH of those all the way through.

Link to the BunyapPak Forum: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346

Link to WoI TMF pak (albeit needing a few updates): http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26101

Off ya go!!! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

I skimmed through the TMF pak link you gave and throughly read the sections about the MiG-23s. I honestly did not see any points you stressed about fixing the droptanks that I did not already try. I already did the Tank790_MiG23 edit. As I said the tank is attached and adds fuel but is still invisible. I thought perhaps the pylon Position/Angles are off so I tried the values listed on your MiG-23s for the [CenterFuselageStation] but the tank is still invisible. I am still stumped!

As for the lack of AA-7s. I found a fix myself just before reading your post. I was digging into other working Soviet aircraft and looking at their pylons and found the cure. In a couple of your aircraft specific guides you stated to "to use Soviet Weapons" "double check the AttachmentType= is set for "WP". This seems like an older method and only offers some of the Soviet Weapon Availability. The key to get the other Soviet Weapons is to make the AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET. The extra "SOVIET" addition added the R-23/R-24 missiles in the loadout screen for me.

Thanks for trying to help but that is shed loads of reading and much of it was over my head. I am still looking for the invisible tank fix. Perhaps you or someone else could point out a specif method to enabling the Tank790_MiG23 on MF's stock "SFP1_Mig-23MLD_V1.0.exe". I should be able to work my way from there.

Thanks

Does the name of the fuel tank in the loadout ini, match the fuel tank name on the centerline station in the data ini???

This is off the MF in WoI, but it's pretty much the same (the only reason I'm using WoI as an example, as I've been up to my neck in sand, fixing the Isreal2 map)

[CenterlineStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.42,-0.79

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500 <--make sure this is enough max carry weight

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=WP

ModelNodeName=Centerline_Pylon

PylonMass=40

PylonDragArea=0.02

FuelTankName=Tank790_MiG23<---this here

loadout ini:

[AirToAir]

Loadout[05].WeaponType=AA-8

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=AA-8

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=Tank790_MiG23<--must match this here

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Loadout[08].WeaponType=AA-7B

Loadout[08].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].WeaponType=AA-7A

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Also explained somewhere in the WEapons Fixes Threads...but even I don't remember exactly where!!

The 'adding Soviet' to the attachment types is metioned several times in several threads that we started right after the patch came out. The "Things You Need to Update" and "Official Patch Thread"

And the Apex may require the 'StationSpecificCode=AA-7" added to the data ini. Pull a clean copy of the stock 23's and you'll see what we mean. It may need to be added to the weapon itself, via the editor -make double damn sure it's the SP5/WoI/FE weapons editor!!! Otherwise you'll fry your weaponsdata.ini into little crispy bits.

Wrench

kevin stein

Like I said, all the AA-7s needed was the "AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET" to become available. I didn't need "StationSpecificCode=AA-7". To be honest I am a little too new at this to know how to "pull a clean copy of the 23s" or to know what I would be looking for exactly. They are finally working so I am happy.

As for the tank, in my first post is said I edited the LOADOUT.INI and DATA.INI so yes the "Tank790_MiG23" is already added to both. By default the Mig-23MLD [CenterFuselageStation] has "LoadLimit=760.0" and the tank only weighs 439kg. Once edited in it becomes available, selectable, and gives extra fuel but is completely invisible when flying ingame. As for the weapons editor, in my first post is stated I already re-saved the "WEAPONDATA.INI". If I had used the old editor I would have already fried the ".INI" and would expect way more problems than an invisible tank. Just to be safe I can verify by saying I am using "WeaponEditor_022008". Thats the right one correct?

EDIT: In your example above the [CenterlineStation] has StationID=5 but your loadout has the tank on station7 "Loadout[07].WeaponType=Tank790_MiG23". How does that work?

Ideas?

Edited by LCountach

MiG_23_790l.zip

Try this

Throw the LODs and Skin in ur weaps folder, and add the ini entry into ur weaps data ini, open it with the editor and save, then u will have ur MiG-23 tank showing up on ur airplane.

Edited by Jarhead1

MiG_23_790l.zip

Try this

Throw the LODs and Skin in ur weaps folder, and add the ini entry into ur weaps data ini, open it with the editor and save, then u will have ur MiG-23 tank showing up on ur airplane.

Yes Jarhead1 that did work. Thankyou. However you have highlighted yet another problem with MF's coordination between pack and planes. Their WEAPONDATA.INI references "ModelName=Tank790_MiG23" which they don't include a 3D model for in their pack. Their plane referenced "Tank800_MiG23" which isn't even included in the WepPack. Now that you have shared your "P" tank I simply renamed it to match the missing "Tank790_MiG23.lod" and dropped the ".LOD" and ".BMP" into the weapons folder. See I fly with friends in multiplayer and adding your tank means they too would have to edit their installs/INI for the new tank. It was already complicated enough getting our installs to match with just a few minor addons/mods. I want to keep things simple. With the file rename I can just share the fixed airplane without need to edit the .INI and re-save with editor. Much simpler. Thanks again.

Starfighter originally posted that drop tank, and I downloaded it, I believe Pasko is the maker of it, I had NO hand in it at all.

The stuff I posted was just to be an example; it weren't the stock Flogger. It was to show the names must match

The 800 ltr tank has been missing for a long time. In post-patch WoE, you'll find this entry in the STOCK weaponsdata ini:

[WeaponData093]

TypeName=Tank790_MiG23

FullName=790-ltr Drop Tank

ModelName=Tank790_MiG23

Mass=439.000000

Diameter=0.392000

Length=5.340000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=406.399994

Asymmetrical=FALSE

The physical tanks are stored in the objects.cat, hence your inability to find them.

weps_flogger-tanks.jpg

They don't need to be anywhere else.

As to mulitplayer, if you want to keep it as simple as possible, use ONLY a 100% PURE stock install. Because, EVERYONE must have the same EVERYTHING - not only weapons, but aircraft and ground objects too. Otherwise, there are problems. You could probably add just those few needed, but keep the mods as small as possible.

You have to learn how things work in these games....there are a myriad of tutorials available. PLEASE use them.

Wrench

Kevin stein

Thanks for pointing me to those tank models and telling me to look in the stock ".INI". There is still a problem however. Those MIG23 fuel tank models are not the 790 model. They are in fact the missing 800 model. The stock "WEAPONDATA.INI" has entries for two different C and W "Tank800_MiG23". Both of which reference the "MIG23_FUELTANK_BODY". The MF WEAPONDATA.INI "Tank790_MiG23" entry is not calling for those models you highlighted in that screenshot. It IS calling for models that as far as I can tell don't exist. Also as far as I can tell the stock "WEAPONDATA.INI" inside the objects.cat does not have an entry for "Tank790_MiG23". I just checked. It seems the WepPack does not modify the objects.cat(I could be wrong). I don't see how your "WEAPONDATA.INI" inside the objects.cat has a "Tank790_MiG23". Perhaps the Sep2008 patch removes it? Anyway, as it stands the The MF WEAPONDATA.INI "Tank790_MiG23" entry is in someway incorrect. It either needs the 790 model it calls for or could be pointed to the Tank800 models in your screenshot. I have taken a simpler route for my multiplayer friends. I extracted "MIG23_FUELTANK_BODY.LOD" and renamed it to "Tank790_MiG23" as the ".INI" calls for. That way they can just copy my shared MiG-23s over without editing anything. Do you have an official solution for the Tank 790/800 debacle? Perhaps I missed it somewhere.

As for multiplayer online, yes I know I need a stock install for regular use. The friends I am playing with are close friends and we are keeping our WOE install synchronized.

Edited by LCountach