hows about a "Blacksheep"skin for the A-4?not sure if it is VMF or VMFA sorry.I do know they flew A-4s

Hey Dagger, If they flew A-4's they would have been VMA-214. Not until later were any of the squadrons known as VMFA. The A stood for Attack and the F for fighter. FA stands for fighter/attack squadron. I will try and find a picture of the 214 just in case. I am no skinner but maybe a picture would help someone that is.

Here is the best picture I found so far. At least it is the clearest. click here

The 214 is still a VMA squadron. They now fly AV-8B Night Attack Harrier. They are stationed at MCAS Yuma, Arizona and assigned to Mairne Air Group 13.

I just found another that shows the ram on the side of the aircraft. Remember these are A-4M's. So they are well advanced of what we have in the game.

159779.jpg

And here is what their planes look like now.

AV8B%20_ET51land.jpg

Thanks Bozo...OK I'm still the village idiot.

Thanks Bozo...OK I'm still the village idiot.

No not an idiot. I did not mean for it to sound like that. If I did I appologize. :lol: I just have been around the military far too long and I have way to much time on my hands. :yltype:

<-----Damn double post dummy. I cannot believe I did that. DOH

:D I know...and you didn't come over as that at all.