Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Any other shooters here?

I went to a gun show this weekend and picked up a CA legal AR-15. Basically it has to have a fixed 10 round magazine (you need an allen wrench or the tip of the round to release it). You have to push the rear pin and pivot the upper receiver on the front pin and load the rounds from the top. I know that sucks but, if I move out of state it is a quick fix to make the magazine removable. That among other things is almost reason enough to get out of CA. Now I have to wait my 10 days to pick it up. I am sitting on 500 rounds just waiting to be sent down range. I went with the standard front sight and carry handle rear. Its what I know. BRASS.

stag_arms_model1l.gif

I haven't picked up a weapon since I left the military in 2005, and don't plan to ever again in my life. I'm sure those "CA Legal" laws have really cut down on the number of illegal shootings in the state though. :rolleyes:

Wow, looks like my AR is staying with the 'rents for the entire time I'm in CA! And I thought NY's laws were tough!

I shoot .22 and .38 pistols with my dad sometimes. Used to shoot rifles when I was younger, though.

I haven't picked up a weapon since I left the military in 2005, and don't plan to ever again in my life. I'm sure those "CA Legal" laws have really cut down on the number of illegal shootings in the state though. :rolleyes:

No they have not.

Think, if you are going to commit a crime, would you care if you are not allowed a certain weapon? of course not, you would do it anyway.

Anti gun laws stop gun crime about as much as anti drug laws stop drug users from using drugs....................

exactly, thoug drugs are worse than guns cuz you can defend yourself with a gun, not with a drug

I love Arizona open carry law. It really deters crime.

I grew up in Kentucky, so I come from a long line of people that sit on their porch and shoot at things/insurance salesmen. :biggrin:

I now live in Florida, where gun laws seem to be very, VERY lenient by comparison to some states. Hell, in the four hour course to get the paperwork done with to get my concealed carry license, the instructor himself (a 25 year career hardass SWAT man) said that by Florida law, there is no crime committed by roaming the streets stopping criminals (rapists, muggers, burglars, et cetera) with 230 grain bitch slaps. As long as it stops a crime or serious injury/worse.

I carry a Springfield 1911 GI model with me damn near everywhere. Haven't had to use it yet, but I'm all set to f*** someone's day up if they try to mug me :3

2nd amendment FTW

I love firing the old bolt action rifles, my favourites are the German K98K and the

English Lee Enfield Mk.III SMLE. Have to go to Amsterdam to fire them (coz they're

not mine) but it is completely worth it.

I think I fired about 20 or 30 different weapons in the last 10 years.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER IN THE MORNING!!!!

Over here you have to have a clean record, be an active member of a shooting club and have earned a "gold" mark (That is, being consistently able to pull of 48+ rounds of 5 shots at a target, or active member of a hunting club with a hunter's diploma, before you can even apply for a license. Even then, you're legally required to have your gun locked away in a specially-certified gun safe. And the only shootings we have here are various criminals shooting other criminals, even though pretty much everybody has their houses full of guns here as soon as you get out of the cities.

I go to the range a couple of times a year, mostly .22 and .38. Just for practicing in case of a zombie invasion.

Over here you have to have a clean record, be an active member of a shooting club

About the same here.

Law's pretty tough on persional firearms in Russia. And you have to be a hunter and have a gun to get a license for a hunting knife.

But you can get a 90lb crossbow without a license :biggrin:

U guys should try living in the uk

Not even allowed to carry toy guns any more LOL. However when on hols in the U.S. i had the experience of firing a .50 desert eagle. MAN that gun ROCKS

A friend of mine who was is an airline pilot from the UK ewas a hunter he said in his county or town I forgot. the weopon had to be pullled apart when travelling and he had a window placard that he had to put in his rear window so that the police knew he was transporting a hunting rifle.

I left the Marine Corps in 1998 with a ninth award expert rifleman badge that I still have today. Sometimes I participate in high-power rifle matches with my brother at his gun club. Even deer hunting on occasion, or shooting some woodchuck varmints when the occasion arrises. But I do remember when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in California during the Rodney King riots in 1992. There was a rush to buy firearms that couldn't be gotten for ten days. Barriers closing off neighborhoods and businesses with armed citizens protecting their families and stores. I was thankful to leave the nation of California in 1998. I'd urge anyone else to do the same sooner then later. Or any other place like it that can't dilineate between lawful citizens and armed criminals.

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation... (where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." ~ James Madison (4th U.S. President)

AMENDMENT II, The Bill of Rights: A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The defensive usage of guns: -LINK HERE-

i didnt even have to take a course or anything for my license to carry concealed here in PA. i filled out the application, dropped it off at the local sherrif with a $10 check for the application process fee. and two weeks later got my pic taken and walked home with my LTCF after paying the final $14 processing fee.

and my carry weapon, a law enforcement trade in Sig Sauer P226 9mm. ive got a nice mossberg 500 and a few old rifles that are 70+ years old or more for the range.

Edited by rovert97

I love Arizona open carry law. It really deters crime.

Robbery and burglary drop big time every time someone shoots and kills a criminal here. The news makes a big deal out of it.

i didnt even have to take a course or anything for my license to carry concealed here in PA. i filled out the application, dropped it off at the local sherrif with a $10 check for the application process fee. and two weeks later got my pic taken and walked home with my LTCF after paying the final $14 processing fee.

and my carry weapon, a law enforcement trade in Sig Sauer P226 9mm. ive got a nice mossberg 500 and a few old rifles that are 70+ years old or more for the range.

In Alabama, where you have to own a pickup truck to vote, you must be able to carry the weapon to get a license. If a 10-year old can carry a full-sized shotgun...good to go. All of my three children know how to handle weapons, shoot, and defend themselves and Lord protect the fool that messes with my daughters. If they don't kill you then they will wound you greviously and then you get to see me.

Even though I don't shoot a lot any more, my home-built gave me a lot of fun and satisfaction when I was stationed at Beale AFB, CA, plinking at vermin. I used a Mauser 98 bolt action, Douglas supreme barrel, chambered at 25-06, Bushnell scope, and hand-loaded bullets. I could knock the whiskers off of a rat out to about 800 yards on a no-wind day and life was good.

I've got a fairly decent collection of military surplus rifles from all over the world ranging from 1870 - present day. No "Gunsafe Queens". They're all shooters.

I've been a resident of The People's Republic of California since 1964. My father taught my brother and I to shoot (well!) when we were five years old. NeverEnough originated with my philosophy about how many guns is enough. Friends of mine who are vehement gun-haters tell me that when the s**t hits the fan, they are coming to my house. My fiancee and I have been involved in the gun rights political movement since 1990, and it has been a major struggle to maintain ANY rights for gun owners in California.

All the whacked out, gun-phobic laws Californians are forced to live with absolutely will go national if we have a veto-proof majority in the Senate with a like-thinking individual in the Oval Office. If you care at all about your or your children's right to legally use and own firearms, you must vote those convictions on November 4th.

No politics, just fact....

I live in the middle of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Kalifornia and to show how much things have changed over the years, nowadays there are exclusion areas around schools_No Weapons,Drugs,Hookers_ect.

When I was in high school the NRA sponsored the rifle club. We had four target rifles and a fifty foot range under the boys gym. In the 3years I was in it I learned to handle a weapon safely and shoot accurately. I earned a up to a Bar 4 Marksman cert and carried all I learned into the Navy. Now My youngest goes to that school and the Club and range are memories that are slowly fading. Imagine opening a yearbook and seeing daddy and friends posing with weapons, my kids freaked when they saw that one.

Even though the pressure on gun owners shows no sign of letting up, the citizens who legally own in Bakersfield can and do use deadly force on occasion. The last big one was a man in his 70's shooting three intruders, one DOA, one crippled for life and the two survivors charged with first degree murder in their buddies death. Criminals also know not to draw on a cop in Kern County, you'll lose every time and most times you get sent back to where you came in a box.

Even though I've shot all kinds of guns in my life, I love my Magnum 10-22, a hollow point will take anything out in one hit and a regular bullet will bounce around and tear things up. It's the little holes that kill because those are the ones that get missed. :diablo: