Sign in to follow this  
habahaba

WOI only one mission in each campaign?

I just patched my WOI to Aug 2008 and newsest MF weapons pack. But something wierd happened with the campaign. There is only one mission in the campaign. When I finish the mission, the game will tell me this campaign is finished!

Before the patch, there was a screen indicating the time and airbase before the hanger screen in campaign, but the updated game goes directly into the hanger screen.

Anyone has any ideas?

Sounds like your campaign files were corrupted somehow. The easiest way to fix this will be to uninstall WOI, delete the directory and do a clean install. What I usually do prior to patching is a clean install and then slowly add on the mods that way I can figure out which one is causing any issues (or just doesn't work period) after the patch is installed.

When it worked properly, I found there was a WOICAMP#_DATA.INI generated in the campaigns folder. However, the patched game does not seem to generate the file.

When it worked properly, I found there was a WOICAMP#_DATA.INI generated in the campaigns folder. However, the patched game does not seem to generate the file.

The <campaign>_data.ini file is not there by default - it has to be extracted and moved there manually.

If you have just patched over a modded install then it would have deleted the file with loads others.

The <campaign>_data.ini file is not there by default - it has to be extracted and moved there manually.

If you have just patched over a modded install then it would have deleted the file with loads others.

Thanks. If the data file is not in the folder by default, then why my campaign finishes with only one mission?

Sounds like a core game file is screwed - you can only install the patch over a fresh unmodded install of the game - and then if you must install weapons packs either wait till they are updated or manually install it to a folder on your desktop - then just drag the weapons folder only into your game.

I will try to copy the <campaign>_data.ini from other computers to my game and see whether that solves the problem.

copying files didn't work. I deleted the whole game and had a new clean install with no add-on mods. I upgraded to Aug patch and the MF weapons pack. But the problem is still there.

Problem unsloved yet.

WOI clean install, all 3 campaigns work fine. Updated with Oct 2008 patch, nothing else, then the only one mission problem comes, but only with the year 82 campaign. The other two campaigns(year 67,73) are fine.

In the year 82 campaign, when I finish the first mission and land back to base, Esc to debriefing page, it says friendly forces have captured someplace, the strategic objective has been achieved, this campaign is finished. I tried with different squadrons, all end up with the first mission.

I even tried this on another computer, the same problem.