Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

For those who still fly SFP1 and SFG and want a new campaign...

I appologize that you have to read this, but I needed to do something in Study Hall at school :biggrin: Anyway, this came out of a recent interest in the original campaigns of SFP1 and SFG. And I want to make a modern campaign, and a bigger contribution to the community. :wink:

Situation:

1989: Death of King Husani Al'Galbhi of Dhimar, replaced by son, Prince Fa'ad Al'Galbhi.

1991: Collapse of Soviet Union, Paran enters economic collapse. Shah Komar's health fails. Prince Muhad Komar awarded crown. Paran seeks and recieves aid from PRC.

1992: Parani/Russian relations increase, arms deals begin.

1994: The following is a speech being given my King Fa'ad Al'Galbhi of the Kingdom of Dhimar.

“Good evening. I have asked for this broadcast tonight, to announce to you, the People of Dhimar, that it has become impossible to guarantee peace between the Kingdom of Dhimar and the Empire of Paran. Our peace of almost twenty years has been broken, by the actions of the new regime in Paran. Crown Prince Muhad Komar has expressed his interest in either the development or purchase of nuclear weapons. Your government’s concern over this has climaxed, as the Parani Crown Prince has announced a trip to the Islamic Republic of Iran; rouge state developing nuclear weapons for use against our friend and ally, the State of Israel.

Through my own decision, and the advice of the Congressional Parliament, and the will of our Military, we will enter a State of War, at tonight at 23:00 hours, July 12, 1994. We will make…a Defensive Assault., to stop Paran from ever providing a threat to us again. Our Air Force is taking flight as we speak, and our Army, is in preparation to invade Paran.

This will not be an easy however; Paran has re-established trade with the Russian Federation, and has opened trade with the People’s Republic of China, both of who have rebuilt the Parani Military. Those of you at home, watching or listening to this with your families, who are in our Military Reserve, I ask, that you make way to your Organization Centre. And those of you, who may not know what to do now, if you see it in your hearts, please, help out our brave Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen.

In order to defend the unstable peace in the whole Middle East, and to avoid the finger pointing, and arguing that follow any war, Ambassador to the UN Homar Fulani is on his way to New York City, now. In an emergency meeting of the UN, which will take place tomorrow, Ambassador Fulani is to announce that the Kingdom of Dhimar, will take full responsibility and to request that there is no foreign involvement in this conflict.

Good night, Good luck, and Thank you.”

This ends the speech.

So, now that you are half asleep, time to wake you up with the interesting part: Deployments!

See below for aircraft with a * next to them.

Royal Dhimar Air Force:

F/A-18A* (IAF Camo)

F-4E** (SEA Camo)

Reserve:

A-4E*** (Dhimari Camo)

F-4D** (SEA Camo)

F-4N** (Former USMC Phantoms [uSMC Grey])

Transport:

C-130H (former RAAF [RAAF Camo])

Dhimari Mercenary:

Mirage F.1C-200

Parani Air Force:

MiG-29A (Forest)

MiG-25PD (Parani Camo)

Su-17 (Parani Camo)

Reserve:

MiG-21PFM (Parani Camo)

MiG-23ML (Parani Camo)

Su-7 (Parani Camo)

Transport:

An-12 (Stock Silver)

Dhimari Army:

Heavy Tank/MBT:M60A1, Centurion

Medium Tank:M41 Walker Bulldog, M48A3

Light Tank: M24 (old yes, but a personal favorite)

APC: M113 Lynx

AAA/SAM:ADATS, M163, Stinger, M35 AAA, M42 Duster, Chaparral

Parani Army:

Heavy Tank/MBT:Type 69, T-62

Medium Tank: T-55 Type 63

APC: BMP-1

AAA/SAM: Semi Modern Russian, Soviet

Who's interested?

* F/A-18A will represent early LOT version, with no AMRAAMs, and limited smart weapons usage.

** F-4s are upgraded with chaff, flares

***A-4E is upgraded with chaff, flares, and limited ECM

EDIT: Updated aircraft selections.

EDIT2: Updated updated aircraft selections, updated Ground Forces.

EDIT3: Added some older stuff.

EDIT4: Changing Ground Forces.

EDIT5: Edited selections, added aircraft paint schemes.

EDIT6: Preformed uber edit to Dhimari and Parani forces.

EDIT7: Preformed uber edit #2.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I don't think there should be carriers involved because the combatants dont have any major carriers, Russia maybe a small ish

few for attack planes and it is a land locked area right? The ideal sounds great! :biggrin::good:

Royal Dhimar Air Force:

F-16 (type TBA)

Mirage 2000

F-4E

Reserve:

A-4E

F-4D

F-4 (Former USMC Phantoms, type TBA)

Transport:

C-130E (former RAAF)

Dhimari Mercenary:

Kfir C.2

Parani Air Force:

MiG-29A

MiG-25 (type TBA, to be used for intercept and recon however)

Su-17

Reserve:

MiG-21PFM

MiG-23ML

Transport:

???(TBA)

Dhimari Army:

Tank:M1A1 or ARIETE

APC: M3A1 or M113 Lynx

AAA/SAM: ADATS, M163, Stinger

Parani Army:

Tank:ZTZ-99, T-55, Type 59

APC: BMP-1/AT-3, BMP-1

AAA/SAM: Modern Russian

Who's interested?

I think the F-16 ADF would be appropriate as well as the F-4N.

Interesting ideas.

Sounds Great will there be carrier missions also???

F-16 ADF and F-4N? Those sound good. I'll use them.

No carriers. Despite the apperance of A-4Es and F-4Ns. I've also made the decision to add the J-10 to Parani forces.

I'm going to need help with skins though. The following list is of aircraft that will require a new skin.

F-4N

F-16 ADF

Kfir C.2

Possibly the OV-10...

If anyone wants to help just shoot me a PM.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

We should put Decoy dispensers to the MiG25. I got mine with those of F-15A

By the way, good idea the Kfir for Mercs. Tiger II would fit also

One last issue: was the J-10, or the Ariete MBT in service for 1994?

Edited by macelena

DOH! I completely forgot about that guess I'll need to find something else. J-7s and M60s will have to suffice. While I'm at it, I may need to check the ZTZ-99 and it does not fit either. :rolleyes: Maybe someone can make us a Type 80.

Thanks for letting me know about that issue. :yes:

EDIT: Decoys for the MiG-25 sounds like a good idea. I was planning on giving them to the Su-17.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Hi guys

I just thought id say it sounds like a great idea, and although i would not be able to help with the creation of the mod (i only know how to do some basic ini editing) i would definiteley download it

just a quick question - would you be making both factions playable?

Mike

While the story was always based around Dhimar, It shouldn't be that hard to make a version where you fly Red. :wink:

Parani should have J7III that plane really rocks

Because this is a 3rd World AF, use of older aircraft/vehicles is realistic. You could have one squadron of 4th Generation jets (the F-16 ADF and Fulcrum-As) to show some modernization.

I second the idea of liking the Kfir. Maybe even the Pantera, A-37B, or Pucara. Second-hand COIN aircraft are relatively cheap and I think would fit well in the scenario.

Just more ideas to mull over.

Storm

I was thinking that Dhimar would have one squadron of Vipers and Mirages. Both of 18 aircraft each. The Phantoms would be more random in numbers, due to them being older in service. The A-4E squadron would be between 20 and 28 aircraft. Mercenary squadron would be of 22 Kfirs.

Paran would have two squadrons of MiG-29As, with 28 each. The MiG-25 unit would have 8 aircraft. There would be three squadrons of MiG-21s, with random numbers each. One squadron of MiG-23s with 18 aircraft. One squadron of both type of Fitters, with 20 each.

Please allow Dhimar to have SOME form of SAM systems.

The quad 50's, stingers and spitting distance range of the >Scrolls down<, what?

Oh, you have the ADATS listed. Jolly good, was to be my suggestion. :blush:

Press on, looks like it could be a corker! I've done some INI edits to the WoI `82 campaign to make it in 2006, which is what I like. More modern.

Hope it turns out well...

And why not making just the contrary? Maybe a very early campaign, with alot of WWII stuff and a lot of early jets?

Imagine: Mustangs, Zeroes, Vampires, Me262, MiG-9s, La-15s, Venoms, Voodoo, B-36, Veltro, P-47, MiG-15 and some "Secret weapons of the LuftwaffeII" things (for example)

Well, just a suggestion. I'll be happy with anything!

As an suggestion for aircraft say, Parani forces add in Su-22's, Mig-27's,Q-5's and Mi-24 Hind for Groundattack roles. I'm surprised there is no mention of the Su-27 or Mig31 for CAP or Intercept roles. A bomber would be a Tu-22's,Tu16's as well. Course this is some exported Russian planes and China. This all depends on the budget of the Parani forces with the theme in mind..... :rolleyes:

For Dhimar say add in the Jaguar GR1,AH-1's, and old F-111 for groundattack roles. I like the idea of having the Merc squad again as I enjoy using the mercs in SFP1 for buying other aircraft during the campaign. Looking forward to seeing the finished campaign.

cheers

Airmax, not to down your idea, but many of the aircraft you mentioned wouldn't be available to a 3rd world AF during the period. The MiG-31 for instance, hasnt even been exported outside of Russia.

Just my thoughts.

V/R

Storm

Airmax: The Q-5 is a possibility, perhaps to replace Su-7s. Su-22s won't be included, as they are just exported Su-17s, and by 1994 I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians were selling off their Su-17s. MiG-27s won't be included, as the current Minister of Aerial Warfare was an Su-7 pilot,and prefered to purchase Su-17s :haha: . MiG-31s and Su-27s are like ST0RM suggested, won't be included as they are A) Expensive, B) Wouldn't be exported to Paran, and C) Expensive.

ojcar: I do have a 1950s campaign underway as well. That will be taking a back seat until this is done. Early jets and later WWII props would be involved. :yes:

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Guest pfunkmusik

I have an early 50s campaign for SFP1 I never finished, but now that I know there's a patch in the works, I might.

If they bring SFP1 up to the level of WOI, it'll be pretty awesome.

I want to highlight the military capability of our brothers in France. I don't think they get enough representation. I'm hoping I can possibly work up some stuff with the desert terrain that'll do a better job of demonstrating their ability.

Maybe a modern northern Africa scenario revolving around the Algerian Civil War or something.

pfunk

I want to highlight the military capability of our brothers in France. I don't think they get enough representation. I'm hoping I can possibly work up some stuff with the desert terrain that'll do a better job of demonstrating their ability.

Are you speaking of a pre-1918 scenario?

'cause after that, in terms of military capability, our country suddendly experienced a sort of total loss. :biggrin::wink:

By the way, some campaign with Ouragan, mysteres, super mystere would be sweet indeed.

What do you have in mind?

I have an early 50s campaign for SFP1 I never finished, but now that I know there's a patch in the works, I might.

If they bring SFP1 up to the level of WOI, it'll be pretty awesome.

Maybe a modern northern Africa scenario revolving around the Algerian Civil War or something.

pfunk

I was recently doing some research on the FAF F-100D's participation in combat over Algeria. Came up blank. Cool idea though.

-S

Guest pfunkmusik
Combat operations in Algeria were mostly COINS ones (it was indeed not a war, but a struggle against a rebellion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_th....281954-1962.29

Some détails there.

BTW, France had some... words... with Tunisia in 1961, there was some air raids and stuffs.

Palp,

As-Salaam Alaykum. Hey, I know that in 1991, the FLN cancelled the elections after it appeared they were about to get the Royal Order of the Foot In The Ass and the FIS got itself banned after the military effectively took over and shoved Bendjedid off a cliff. The FIS then subdivided like salmonella on a warm tuna fish sandwich into a bunch of armed groups who then headed for the hills with a whole bunch of guns. The groups included the Armed Islamic Movement and the Armed Islamic Group. These guys then waged war for nearly a decade.

What would have happened if the Libyans decided to join in the act and started shelling the crap out of their neighbor? My premise is that French, Italian, and Spanish military forces were brought in to help with the refugee crisis that might have materialized had French-leaning Algerians headed for the relative safety of the now-scared-crapless Tunisia.

What about your thoughts?

pfunk

Palp,

As-Salaam Alaykum.

Wa aleikum as-salam wa Rahmatou'lahi wa Barakatou.

BTW, that's arabic, not french... Im the latest, not arabic. :wink:

Hey, I know that in 1991, the FLN cancelled the elections after it appeared they were about to get the Royal Order of the Foot In The Ass and the FIS got itself banned after the military effectively took over and shoved Bendjedid off a cliff. The FIS then subdivided like salmonella on a warm tuna fish sandwich into a bunch of armed groups who then headed for the hills with a whole bunch of guns. The groups included the Armed Islamic Movement and the Armed Islamic Group. These guys then waged war for nearly a decade.

What would have happened if the Libyans decided to join in the act and started shelling the crap out of their neighbor? My premise is that French, Italian, and Spanish military forces were brought in to help with the refugee crisis that might have materialized had French-leaning Algerians headed for the relative safety of the now-scared-crapless Tunisia.

What about your thoughts?

pfunk

All right, so you're heading toward an Algerian civil war scenario, based on the 1991 election. That's quite a good idea, very original one indeed.

Reminds me of the good old Fighter Anthology Egypt scenario, with the take over of the government by bearded guys and the remnants fighting alongside the West in the Sinaï.

I'm a little bit sceptical about the Libyan involvment thing, as Qaddafi and islamists are mortal ennemies. So, Libya backing those guys is doubtful in my mind, especially since Qaddafi was almost overthrown by an islamist-backed coup in 1993 and that he had to face a quite severe islamist guerilla in the eastern part of Libya until the mid 90's (at that time... well... he had killed them all...).

You could perhaps start with Algerian Civil war, followed by Qaddafi's successful overthrow in this timeline. Thus, Algerian islamic state and Libyan one would be allied against Tunisia, and perhaps against some survivalists from Algerian government and Libyan one, supporting evil things against Tunisia. And here comes our war.

Airmax: The Q-5 is a possibility, perhaps to replace Su-7s. Su-22s won't be included, as they are just exported Su-17s, and by 1994 I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians were selling off their Su-17s. MiG-27s won't be included, as the current Minister of Aerial Warfare was an Su-7 pilot,and prefered to purchase Su-17s :haha: . MiG-31s and Su-27s are like ST0RM suggested, won't be included as they are A) Expensive, B) Wouldn't be exported to Paran, and C) Expensive.

So I see the Q-5 is an maybe then. It's an damn shame the Su-25 or Su-39 aren't available yet as I'm sure the (su-7) pilot would rather enjoy one! :yes: Oh, here's a long shot but maybe an possible add in, Su-15tm ? :crazy: I suppose maybe the budget can afford them?

Good to see one plane was kind of an maybe in my last suggestion. yay

cheers