Sign in to follow this  
wwhiteside

MULTIPLAYER GOES TO BLACK SCREEN AND Win98SE LOCKS UP

SYSTEM : P4 2.4 256 RAM Gforce 4 4600 TI

WINDOWS 98 SE

PROBLEM: When I go to multiplayer the screen goes black and computer locks up every time. Tried lowering Sound channels and in DXDIAG under sound also. If under DXDIAG I Raise or remove all sound accel., it will kick out to the desktop every time. Both my machines do it exactally the same. My Win XP machine (LAPTOP)works perfectly in multiplayer.

Please Help.

I was looking at a previous post complaining the Mig 15 runs out of fuel too quickly. I have some hours in the real Mig 15 UTI (POLAND) and I can tell you that with 2 external drop tanks not even at full thrust and most flying at around 10,000 MSL the fuel remaining after a 40 minute flight of aerobatics and low level runs is almost enough for 2 traffic patterns.

I'd say 20 minutes without externals would be exhausting the internal fuel depending on power settings. Not real usable A/C unless you are positioned on the front line.

The aircraft dynamics modeled in this sim are the closest to a real fighter jet as I have seen. A10 Cuba (Activision) was the last sim that really captured the essence of drag and energy as it relates to flight. The enertia of these airplanes is pretty close to how real heavily wing loaded jets fly. The drag rise below 160 KIAS is my biggest complaint. real airplanes bleed speed below this speed alot faster than the sim. The sim is better than a Cessna 172. Keep up the great work. This is the best civilian PC sim ever produced! Please send comments to

whiteside@aol.com

Will Whiteside

Pilot

Whiteside, your comments about the sim hearten all of us as you have practicle experiance. Thanks for letting us know about this. How as it you flew a real Mig? Were you in the USAF or Polish AF? Ya got me curious. I'm still learnin how to get off the runway in a computer game...hehehe.

As for your black screen, I am having the same problem on my WinMe machine in HyperLobby and Gamespy. I just got the game going for a friend on his WinXP machine and it worked fine in Hyperlobby, didnt test it in Gamespy.

I noticed that my machine however wasnt always locked solid. A couple times I could Cntrl-alt-del out of the program. Most of the time however, I have locked like you. I still have yet to fly MP in any way on my machine... :cry:

Guest Ranger332

To summerize what s"Sundancer" did was to update windows.

his posting was the last one listed :)

I dont know about wwhiteside but I have all the latest updates from the MS sight for WinMe. I hope the game doesnt have a compatability problem in MP with WinMe. I dont want to get XP.

I'm runnin 98 SE and flying multiplayer all the time within the 667th for now..The one thing I have noticed about SF in its current state is it HATES any kind of fragmenting in the HDD which 98SE is prone to..if its giving you problems..scan disk, defrag, reboot, close all background programs and then try it..it might just surprise you

DK

Guest Ranger332

Iam "ruynning" win Xp and had min. probs with the game

Thanks for the comments fellas. Your responces give me more food for thought on solving this problem.