Sign in to follow this  
_black_cell_

Help with FSX deluxe expansion pack and addons

I just got microsoft flight simulator x deluxe, and i found out that there are expansion packs. The first one that caught my attention was space shuttle and the second one was acceleration. I read on wikipedia that acceleration has a few big bugs. Now i wanna just ask if i install the space shuttle expansion can i still add the military aircraft and other addons to the game and be able to take of a military aircraft carier and fly comercial airliners and other planes? (at least i think i can)

What about the other content in the acceleration expansion like races and stuff, can it be added without installing the acceleration expansion pack?

Sorry guys if i am anoying, i am just a n00b trying to make my way in the universe lol :haha:

But i rather ask, then make a big mistake and have big problems.

I installed the Acceleration Pack over FSX Deluxe, and had no problem with it. You shouldn't too, since the Wiki says that problems occur only if you install Acceleration over FSX Standard.

AFAIK, there is a freeware aircraft carrier utility, 3WireX, that makes carrier operations possible. It is also installed by some payware packages (a friend who bought Flight Deck 5 and Carrier Strike Force said it was automatically installed). However, I found some planes that require the Acceleration pack in order to be used on carriers (if you don't have it, they will work anyway, but you can't use them on carriers). Air races, however, require the Acceleration pack.

Military planes can be used as long as they are compatible with your current version (most require FSX Service Pack 2, but both SPs are freeware, so there is no problem :smile:).

I haven't bought the Space Shuttle package, but on the publisher website you should be able to find if it works without Acceleration.