Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Player flyable stock B-57B

Player flyable stock B-57B

For the minimalists who would rather use an existing model then download a whole new one, I give you this mod. It makes the stock Thirdwire B-57b player-flyable. More info in README. READ IT!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

- Kesselbrut, Fubar and 76.IAP-Blackbird for the cockpit

- Wrench for the hanger screen

- both the above for joining the freeware licensing agreement

NOTES:

- I included only modified files and left out some important ones that you should have already, so it's not illegal.

-Rambler

EDIT: File was corrupted, so I replaced it.

UPDATE 2.0: Dec. 20, 08: Updated flight model, bomb placements, pylons, cockpit position and angle, A-G rocket sighting and AI data. Tested in Post-Oct 08 patch SFP1.

tried to download B-57B Keep geting broken file report

you're right, it was corrupt.... I replaced the .zip file. It should be good now.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

Came down fine for me. Unzipped with no problems, either.

BTW, not to be a dick or rain on the parade, but there's been a cockpit for the B-57s since Feb, 05

http://wrench1smog.com/zips2/canberra_cockpit.zip

used to be here a CA, too....wonder where it went..can't find it in /cockpits section!!!

Also, did you all check with Kesselbrut and Dev A-Team before uploading....since Capun & Company handle Kess's more recent releases? And the F-80C pit WAS originally released thru the DAT site. Which means "memberware", and NOT shareable.

(which means Blackbird's mod is also slightly on the illeagel side...)

To the best of my knowledge, there was NEVER a general release of Kess's Shooting Star pit. Please, double check with whomever/where ever it came from originally, and let us know the results.

Just trying to head off any ugliness that's bound to appear...and you KNOW it will!!

Wrench

kevin stein

YOIKES! I THINK I'VE STEPPED ON A LAND MINE!

I sent Kesselbrut a PM, maybe I'd better take the DL off untill I get an awnser. And yes, I knew about your B-57 pit, in fact, that's what started this thing to begin with. I Just thought that the T-33/F-80 pit seemed so much more... in tune with the plane. Just as low-tech, that is. And i made some subliminal DATA.ini changes as well, although nothing with the flight model. Apparently it really handles that well at low altitudes....?

I had some contact with kesselbrut and he told me it`s ok, so I released it. This pit was originally released with the Marut I think.

here the T-33 thread pls read it... carefully and you will see it`s legal!!!!!! So fell free to distribute it but give Kesselbrut and Fubar some credit!!!!

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=32264

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

As long as Kess said it's ok...that's good enough for me!!! Daniel's been very cool about such things (like my jet cockpit mods from his Spit and Beaufighter pits).

So, we're going to leave this alone, and let everyone enjoy it!!! :good:

Any problems that might arise, we'll deal with later

WRench

kevinstein

Came down fine for me. Unzipped with no problems, either.

To the best of my knowledge, there was NEVER a general release of Kess's Shooting Star pit.Wrench

kevin stein

Hmmm, so Kevin, I'm confused. Is there a place to download the F-80 pit? I seemed to hear "yesses" and "noes" all over the message?!!!

Thanks,

Richard "Pitts2A" Ordway

Yah, the pit itself was never released. I had it's original, stand alone, as a DAT member. It does, however, come as the cockpit for the Dev A-Teams HAL Marut.

and easilty adpated for use on Pasko's Shooting Star and/or T-Bird. (although I'v not see blackbirds mod thereof -- my T33 uses using the F-80 pit). Just laziness on my part!

Wrench

kevin stein

My suggestion is lets release it! I asked allready Fubar for permmission he gave me also the ok for the T-33 repaint I think ordway will have some fun to paint this pit!

Awaiting Fubars ok!

;-)

I'm just glad that my first posted mod didn't turn out to be illegal. :yes:

Could someone upload original TW b-57b.ini from WOV or WOE, or write a reply with it? I want old non-flyable plane but i didn't make a backup... Thanks.

If you look in the objects cat, you'll probably find it.

Wrench

kevin stein