Skin still wip. But getting there.

j-32-A.jpg

j-32-B.jpg

j-32-C.jpg

j-32-D.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

This looks niiiice :good:

another AC that I miss..but the wip is looking soooooooo cooool!!!! :good:

It really has no FM yet. I'm using the F-86D as a base for testing although I've done something to it that makes landings very tricky.

Speaking of landings. I've searched here and at TW and have yet to find a reasonable answer to this question... How do you get the gear to compress where you want it on the ground? I built the model using reasonably good drawings - so I'm happy with the relative size of the gear uncompressed. In real life, under the weight of the aircraft, the gear should compress much more than they currently do in the game. Is there a general rule of thumb to compress the landing gear under the weight of the aircraft on the ground or is it simply a matter of five hours tinkering with the spring and damping factors in the .ini file?

I think it has to do something with the damper settings in the gear section the one is for "bouncing" action and the other one is how "heavy" is the compression but I think FC can answer it better. Or look in the F/A-18data ini

I'm not that smart on data.ini stuff, however, if i remember correctly, there is a specific line in the shock animation area of the gear, called 'spring strength' or something like that. I believe that is the line you're looking for...the lower it is, the lower the aircraft will sit on it's gear.

FC

Do you mean this here:

[NoseGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.85

AnimationID=1

DragArea=0.25

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=front_struct

ShockAnimationID=2

ShockStroke=0.10 <----

SpringFactor=1.7

DampingFactor=1.0

This is from the MF F-15A

I think the numbers are defined thusly:

[NoseGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.85

AnimationID=1

DragArea=0.25

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=front_struct

ShockAnimationID=2

ShockStroke=0.10 <--- How 'long' the gear travel is in meters (.1 meter from highest to lowest)

SpringFactor=1.7 <--- How strong your spring is...the higher the number, the higher the aircraft will sit and the 'stiffer' the gear.

DampingFactor=1.0 <--- How 'bouncy' the gear is...the higher the number, the less the gear bounces after a 'bump'

Again, this is what I think...I'm not completely sure.

FC

Timmy I'm trying to get my SF 2008 up to speed. Until a few days back, I had considered staying with last version, but I've found some ways to work around problems I found in 2008, and I'm finding new 2008 features that are VERY nice.

She's looking better on the ground. Thanks FC. Still twitchy - like she was being held just off the ground by a string attached at the cg, wobbling ever so slightly. It's wierd, I'm sure someone with actual experience will be able to correct it.

Lexx - Just as an incentive to you - here's the next thing in the pipeline.

Yak19.jpg

Edited by Timmy

Timmy::

Lexx - Just as an incentive to you - here's the next thing in the pipeline.

DEAL!

I've decided to stay with Patch 2008. I don't know the new FM features. Would old FM style be okay for now?

I got the new J-32 emil. First thing will be hit boxes. Then the inertias, then engine data. Easy stuff.

Lexx - check email.

Blackbird - that's a Yak-19. Lexx wanted one for his stargetic interceptor fleet so I'm trying to give him a carrot as I'm fresh out of sticks...

Timmy I can't get it working. Same with the last (2nd) version you sent. It won't show up in game, even for AI.

First version (J32A) shows up great. I'm plowing through the ini files to see what I'm short.

OK. I just sent you what I have in my WOI folder. It's working fine here so I hope those files will get you up and running.