Sign in to follow this  
eightlein

Yankee Air Pirate Terrain

Very cool and instructive sign there.

All looks great, really like the Huey's rotor blur...

:good:

Can't wait!Yap is one of the best flight experience ever had,yap 2 will be the same or better!and...without the patch your fps still safe! :good:

I want that uh-1!!! Wer can i get it?

Thats one of the YAP gunships that will be available with eleven other helo models in Yankee Air Pirate v2.

Nice work.

I can really "feel" the humidity with the Huey comin' in!

Man if you have an AH-1F Cobra in there i'm sold.

Ooopps. Make that a baker's dozen.

Man if you have an AH-1F Cobra in there i'm sold.

AH-1Fs were not used in Vietnam. We only had AH-1Gs. The first TOW-Missile firing Cobras were the "Q" models, tested @ Ft. Knox KY October 1973. Once the Q model went into "production" the new designations...F, S, etc, started.

UH-1M with French SS-11 anti-tank missiles were used in Northern I Corps during the Easter Offensive, 1972. UH-1Bs with TOW Missiles were used around Kontum, II Corps, with greater success.

IronMike775

Snake Driver 1970 - 2001

AH-1Fs were not used in Vietnam. We only had AH-1Gs. The first TOW-Missile firing Cobras were the "Q" models, tested @ Ft. Knox KY October 1973. Once the Q model went into "production" the new designations...F, S, etc, started.

UH-1M with French SS-11 anti-tank missiles were used in Northern I Corps during the Easter Offensive, 1972. UH-1Bs with TOW Missiles were used around Kontum, II Corps, with greater success.

IronMike775

Snake Driver 1970 - 2001

Cool!! - welcome to CombatAce :good:

YAPv2 AH-1G. The loadout shall be correct upon release.

Mutt-1.jpg

Damn it!Can't have a Cobra!Oh.....is that freeware? :biggrin:

YAPv2 AH-1G. The loadout shall be correct upon release.

Mutt-1.jpg

An ah-1G?it looks like an F seeing the flat canopy?

yeah... no flat panel canopy, wire cutters, laser spot tracker housing ect on the G .... :skull: .. not to speak of the TOW system

and who knows what else of the F is hidden in that pic hehe ...

its not only the loadout that needs to be corrected...

:skull:

If that is an F, or even an S, then it would certainly be useful for WOE and WOI if it's too late for WOV\YAP.

I think it is AH-1 Bis :biggrin:

And look very nice :yes:

Edited by kukulino

yeah... no flat panel canopy, wire cutters, laser spot tracker housing ect on the G .... :skull: .. not to speak of the TOW system

and who knows what else of the F is hidden in that pic hehe ...

its not only the loadout that needs to be corrected...

:skull:

I'm his Beta tester. He knows. I sent him a bunch of my Vietnam photos. It will be correct. Oh, and yes, it would be good to have an IAH-1S. I was lucky enough to have flown them with the IAF 1990-1991 while stationed in Israel as the NAVAIRSYSCOM Program Manager Representative for the Night Targeting System for the USMC AH-1W & IAF IAH-1S.

Cheers

Nails

aka IronMike775

IronMike775

Snake Driver 1970 - 2001

Welcome to CA IronMike. Great place to share your war stories. You have to provide your own bar to hold up and libations, but I can already see your hands moving in the air.

Welcome to CA IronMike. Great place to share your war stories. You have to provide your own bar to hold up and libations, but I can already see your hands moving in the air.

Thank you....they've never stopped. After 5,000 flight hours and 3 helicopter crashes (first two were shoot-downs) I'm enjoying aerial combat...on the computer (my wife likes it a lot better too). I'm a military history fanatic...particularly aviation. I must confess, this CombatAce is usually my first check when I turn on my computer...even when I was in Afghanistan (I'm due to return early next year).

Happy to provide war stories, some even true :biggrin: if anyone is interested.

Be sure to share them over at the pub! You've got a crowd building :)

Roger Pub. I can do that. :good:

Forum moderators....sounds like interview time....!

Guest zerocinco

I have a picture of Ironmike in Navy whites pushing a mop on an LST. :smile:

Guest zerocinco

I have a picture of Ironmike wearing Navy whites mopping the deck of an LST. I think this is the one....

AH_1_Hangar.bmp