Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

BLUE ANGELS down 1 plane

Its not a problem until they start putting on adult diapers and driving cross-country to assassinate each other.

That's gold! :biggrin:

Sparky,

I don't really see how your example condemns relationships in the military, as far as I can tell the wife wasn't in the military and even if she was, she was having an affair so there were other issues at work.

What, you have these thing going in the US armed forces as well? :rofl::biggrin:

Folks, does everyone understand this has nothing to do with relationships among peers. What it has to do is with chain of command conflict of interest issues.

You cannot have a unprofessional relationship with someone in your chain of command or who can directly influence your chain of command.

Does anyone really believe that if you have a relationship (especially an intimate one) with someone in your chain of command (supervisor or subordinate) that it doesn't influence how that person deals with you or you deal with that person. Even if NOTHING is going on, just the perception of such a thing can cause morale and interaction problems within the unit.

An example: Instructor A has a intimate relationship with Student B. Later on, Student B gets ranking with their class for post pilot training assignments. Student B decides they want to be an IP at that base so they can stay with Instructor A...even though their ranking was high enough to get a fighter assignment. Do you see the problem here? What does Student B's classmates think of the ranking Student B got? What do they think of Instructor A? How about Instructor A's fellow instructors, what do they think? Or Instructor A's supervisor? Does anyone honestly think there isn't the perception of a problem here? You substitute 'supervisor' and 'subordinate' for 'instructor' and 'student' and the problem is the same.

(Oh, and the example I provided isn't fictional...it's just been sanitized)

And this kind of perception can follow you through THE REST OF YOUR CAREER AND BEYOND. I've seen folks not get hired at post-military jobs because of stuff they did in the military, and the word got out. Not Article 15/BCD type stuff either.

Everyone has heard of sparky's whining about manning issues of which most are based in painful fact. Do you think everyone has time to eval every single relationship to determine if it's inappropriate or not?

And the military can't have influence on your personal conduct? Please...you guys should know better. Tell me how long you'll last if you attend a anti-government rally in a uniform. Or get a DUI or underage drinking on base.

Btw, this isn't strictly limited to the military. Lots of other governmental agencies and corperations have the same sort of rules in place for the same reasons.

FastCargo

PS I was looking forward to seeing the six ship this weekend after I get done with my airshow participation...oh well.

The problem is they got caught, they know the rules they gambled and will loose it all most likely.

You are wrong... many years ago I was in a Maintenance Group...for brevity, will cut to the chase: dude kept sending this one guy TDY all of the time...when asked he said "he's the best, we need his expertise in the field"...until one day whilst this guy was TDY and "someone" saw the dude bringing candy and flowers to the guy's wife (who lived on base, stoopid)...investigation revealed the stunning.

In IBM it doesnt matter...but in the military we deal in lives and danger...trust must be absolute...there is no place for it, period.

And how do you determine "it's not prohibiting their job performance"?...best way is to avoid it...dont fish from the company pier...there are literally billions of people NOT in the military, go bang them instead.

I like this one "You don't s**t were you eat"

Tell me how long you'll last if you attend a anti-government rally in a uniform. Or get a DUI or underage drinking on base.

I got a DUI, on base, at 18 y/o, without valid insurance my first weekend at my unit....and was an E-5 3 years later. I had a troop that came to my unit, pissed hot, went with us to Kuwait for 4 months and our extended deployment for Operation Desert Fox, 18 months after coming up hot, was an E-4 and 2 months after that got a lateral transfer to CPL, was a tank gunner leading soldiers. Of course this was in the Army. Because of that DUI, it took LORs from everybody in ACC that was in SAC with my dad to get me into the Air Force, and possibly some underhanded dealings by a recruiter that will remain nameless, to get me into the Air Force, and the type of unit I was in, any screw up you would be doing some other job in a heart beat.

You piss hot now, you are done, there are zero 2nd chances. I know a few airmen myself from when I was an airman in the early 90's who came up hot, but got to stay in. But then after spending 7 years as an MTL, seeing how much it changed, you pissed hot, you just disappeared. Happened to students, instructors, anyone. Its now gotten so bad now, a DUI, they won't let you re enlist. Don't matter what rank. One DUI, say good bye.

Nice pic of that missing man having an affair formation, FastCargo.

Edited by MAKO69

You piss hot now, you are done, there are zero 2nd chances. I know a few airmen myself from when I was an airman in the early 90's who came up hot, but got to stay in. But then after spending 7 years as an MTL, seeing how much it changed, you pissed hot, you just disappeared. Happened to students, instructors, anyone. Its now gotten so bad now, a DUI, they won't let you re enlist. Don't matter what rank. One DUI, say good bye.

If someone pissed hot, I didn't even want to look at them again. I mean, when you are getting a 10% every week and a 100% once a month like we were in the Army, (in the AF it was a bit more relaxed, only a 100% once a quarter) and you still think you can get high, get the hell out of my unit.

The DUI thing, I'm kind of not into. Drinking and driving is pretty much one of the stupidest things you can do, you are just asking to kill somebody, seriously it is irresponsible, and dangerous to yourself, more than likely another member of your unit who is in the car with you, and all the people on the street not breaking the law. But, I got a DUI when I was an E-1 and 18 y/o right out of my 16 week OSUT training at Fort Knox. I got my UCMJ, did my 45 and 45 gave half my pay for 2 months to the old soldier's home, and straightened the hell out. I never drove drunk again in my life, I can tell you that. And I rarely even drank after that, and if I did I never left my room, well until I was 21 and got a wife and stuff. After that, I learned my job, did it well and advanced. I learned from my mistake. I ended up transfering services, but I did want to re-up in the Army until another opurtunity presented itself, now if I had a bar from renlisting starting my first weekend at my unit in the military, you think I would have made an effort? I would have been just another dirt bag looking to get over on Big Sarge. A DUI is a mistake, and I don't think one stupid mistake should kill your career before it starts, especially in a time where retention is low, bring in a new guy, and not let a guy that knows his job stay in cause of one dumb night down range? Now obviously it is different if it is an NCO or Officer, there is no excuse for that, you need to lead by example. And of course in some cases, the guy that gets the DUI probably needs ar bar to re-up, so it really should be done on a case by case basis.

Oh and in no way do I endorese or condone drinking and driving.

well until I was 21 and got a wife and stuff.

....I am sure there is volumes most of us guys could write about that alone.....

I don't know much about USAF rules and regs but i supose its simular to a teacher and young student or doctor patient relationship both very much a no no .Teacher would lose his job and mabye prison depending on the age of the student and the Dr would possibly stuck off

Nice pic of that missing man having an affair formation, FastCargo.

CLASSIC!!! :good:

If you go to the Blue Angel Official website then check out the Blue Angel Alumni website you can figure out who got shatcanned(past tense).

Edited by MAKO69

It can also get ugly if the relationship goes sour. I dated a young lady that I worked with and things didn't work out. It was a VERY uncomfortable situation at the workplace.