Quick teaser video I knocked up for the Wyvern, should be available some time tomorrow.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Superb Skippy !

Looking forward to that :good:

Why this carrier have deck crew?

Part of the model.

Sorry, should have mentioned that's Hinch's excellent HMS Eagle model he kindly let me beta. I'm now going to have a drink to celebrate Lewis Hamilton winning the F1 World Championship in the last 300yards of the Brazilian GP!

Great job on the plane (the video rocks as well) Felt like I was in the target area for part of it! Can't wait for this one to come out!

Skippy,

After your Sea Vixen's and Baffin, this is simply too good to be true. I can't wait to try this one on for size... how's it handle around the boat ?

SB

Sorry, should have mentioned that's Hinch's excellent HMS Eagle model he kindly let me beta. I'm now going to have a drink to celebrate Lewis Hamilton winning the F1 World Championship in the last 300yards of the Brazilian GP!

I can't belive glock slowed up on the last turn and let Hamilton by. Congrats Hamilton and GB's Champion.

Edited by MAKO69

how's it handle around the boat ?

Yeah... actually in the approach configuration it's fairly easy to handle. The only problem is the nose tends to obscure the carrier/hemisphere, you can either try a curved approach or turn the cockpit off (NUMPAD .)!

..................that's Hinch's excellent HMS Eagle model he kindly let me beta.

And which hopefully should be out within the next week or so................... providing I can work out why her AA batteries don't want to work post patch. Not that they weren't idiosyncratic beforehand (TW games and naval gunnery................ a match not made in heaven).

................... providing I can work out why her AA batteries don't want to work post patch.

the Eagle runs on double A's? gee, i though that I ship of that size would at least need some D-cells...

very nice plane and equally nice video, Although I wouldn't have come in that low for a guns pass. :tongue:

Brilliant just bloody great cant wait, i have Trumpeters superb 1/72 scale model of the Wyvern must get there 1/48 scale one to

Edited by bradders

Is successfully ejecting from underwater worked into this model? :biggrin:

I didn't know all that much about this aircraft, other then knowing it was in the Suez, 50's and 60's British A/C are not my strong point. Looking into it though, this this was quite the widow maker. 98 production A/C built. In service for 3 1/2 years. 68 accidents, 39 A/C lost (2 of which were in combat) 13 fatalities. Losing 33% of your aircraft type to accidents in just over 3 years isn't good juju. But it looks to me that it was the bird wasn't right for the ship, the high g's from the cat were flaming out the engine, not that it was the aircraft being that bad.

But it looks to me that it was the bird wasn't right for the ship, the high g's from the cat were flaming out the engine, not that it was the aircraft being that bad.

Another reason, why I want fly it :biggrin: It is promising exciting flying and landings from curve :spiteful:

The most hard landing on carrier for me was in Seafire 47. If I prefer landing from cockpit, only landing from curve was right way for me.

I just downloaded your Wyvern model. Very nice indeed! Thanks for all your considerable efforts on this most interesting aircraft.

i have Trumpeters superb 1/72 scale model of the Wyvern must get there 1/48 scale one to

It's a nice kit isn't it, picked up the 1/48 scale one but haven't started on it yet, probably would have made modelling the SF version easier if I had it sooner!

But it looks to me that it was the bird wasn't right for the ship, the high g's from the cat were flaming out the engine, not that it was the aircraft being that bad.

I think pretty much any engine other than the one they ended up using would have been an improvement! Even after they fixed it flaming out on the cat, it didn't like lots of throttle movements which would tend to break the constant speed unit. For an airliner the engine would have been fine but for a combat aircraft it was less than perfect!

Thanks for all the kind comments.