Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Need Help With Corrupted File

Everything was going ok. I downloaded the A-7A/B file and installed just fine. Flew it a few minutes, and then went back to install the tanks.

I had never used the Weapons Editor program before, so I was somewhat apprehensive about that.

Should have left well alone.

I finally figured out how to open the file into the Weapons Editor Program. I chose SaveAs, instead of Save, and that is probably where I screwed up.

Went to start the sim, and it CTD. Error message said there was a problem with the missileobject.dll file.

I tried removing the missileobject.dll file. The sim started, but as soon as I clicked on choosing a mission, it CTD again.

I am at a loss at what to do. I REALLY do not want to do an uninstall. Pain in the you know what. I have things set the way I want them.

Is there a fix for my screwup, other than a total uninstall?

Please HELP!

Navychief

Chief how did you fix it? I have the same problem and googled up your post. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

DD

I did the same thing awhile back. What I ended up doing was deleting the Weapons folder, re-installed the Weapons pack, & then made darn sure I clicked the right button when I saved it...

:rolleyes: :ph34r: :rolleyes:

I have the same problem, but when i tried deleting the weapons folder and reinstalling it, it still happend. I tried removing the file WEAPONDATA.DAT and it worked but there was no new weapons. I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS! :wacko:

I have the same problem, but when i tried deleting the weapons folder and reinstalling it, it still happend. I tried removing the file WEAPONDATA.DAT and it worked but there was no new weapons. I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS! :wacko:

You need to open the weapondata.ini with the provided weapon editor and hit the "save" button. This will create a fresh weapondata.dat file.