Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Clean Exhaust Emitter

well, I'm fed up with all my planes having purple exhaust, so I decided to go in and replace the DirtyExhaustEmitter and it's .tga with a re-named clean exhaust emitter and it's .tga. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any sign of the clean exhaust emitter. I looked in the efects folder and in all the .cat files, and I can't find it. I was wondering if somebody knew where I could find it, because I don't want to have to extract all the data.inis from the objects .cat just to change one line of script.

well, I'm fed up with all my planes having purple exhaust, so I decided to go in and replace the DirtyExhaustEmitter and it's .tga with a re-named clean exhaust emitter and it's .tga. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any sign of the clean exhaust emitter. I looked in the efects folder and in all the .cat files, and I can't find it. I was wondering if somebody knew where I could find it, because I don't want to have to extract all the data.inis from the objects .cat just to change one line of script.

If you already extracted it to your flight folder, its in the particle system ini. But if you just change the entry to your engine(s) in the aircrafts DATAINI it should default.

ExhaustEmitterName=CleanExhaustEmitter or verycleanexhaust emitter.

If you already extracted it to your flight folder, its in the particle system ini. But if you just change the entry to your engine(s) in the aircrafts DATAINI it should default.

ExhaustEmitterName=CleanExhaustEmitter or verycleanexhaust emitter.

Does verycleanexhaust emitter even exist? :blink:

Does verycleanexhaust emitter even exist? :blink:

No, it does not exist as a default emitter. All that using a non-existent emitter will do is give you no effect whatsoever.

The available default emitters are: CleanExuastEmitter, DirtyExhaustEmitter, and HarrierExhaustEmitter.

uh, bump, sorta.

Anyway, I did a whole new install and added the patch, but nothing else. No weapons pack, no add-on planes. I am playing SFP1 the way that God (TK?) intended, in all it's semi-fictional, 1960s glory. I no longer have to choose between 8 billion different loadouts for a mission, I don't have to worry about MiGs not having the weapons they deserve and there isn't a large chunk of precious HD space dedicated to weapons that I will never use. The best thing, though, is that in this pristine install, the dirty exhaust smoke is not purple, despite my 800x600x16 settings. WAHOO!

Anyway, I'm not gonna bother giving myself a headache trying to think of what the guilty file was, but I will say that the above install is the best for extracting the most out of a slow comp.

Funnily enough I've just reinstalled SFG and patched up and I too was pleasantly surprised.

Had a blast really, no fancy weapons or planes.

Vanilla except for Widesky (can't do without it now) and my own HUD preferences.

Sometimes it good to get back to basics - if only for a short while :wink:

Trouble is that's it's very hard not to tinker with it. "Oh, I'll just add such and such a plane, or mod". Must...resist...

Yeh yeh I know I could copy the vanilla and mod that to my hearts content but when you have the willpower of a thing that's got no willpower you're screwed.

Trouble is that's it's very hard not to tinker with it. "Oh, I'll just add such and such a plane, or mod". Must...resist...

yep, just running in to that now. Ah, one skin can't hut that much, can it?