Sign in to follow this  
rems

HHHEEELLLLLPPPPPP

:evil: hi all!

I have SF, and it's impossible to launch the game!!! it always crash me and return to windows after selecting instant action, or campain or the single mission, unable to see what's behind this!

if sombody know something.....

AMD athlonXP 1700

596Mo RAM

WIN XP SP1

HD 120GO

Geforce II GTS 64mo :twisted:

You may already know all this so bear with me...

First make sure you run scandisk on your harddrive, then defrag it.

Second, make darn sure you have all the latest drivers for everything, video, sound, MoBo...everything.

Third, make sure you have DirectX 8.1 installed.

Fourth, make sure NOTHING is running in the background except "Explorer" and "Systray". Use Cntrl-Alt-Del to do this.

Try the game then and see what happens. If it still messes up, then try setting your game settings to the lowest settings, then try restarting the game. If it still messes up, they try uninstalling the game, restart the computer, then reinstall the game. If you encounter any problems with any game or software, this should be your first aid kit. If this doesnt work, I would call ThirdWire Tech support. Hope this helps.

sounds almost like you have your resolution in the game set to an unsupported size. Mine did that and I couldn't figure out why I CTD when I started a mission, until I noticed I had it set to 640X400X16, and not 640X480X16 as I had intended.

Guest Ranger332

try reducing everythig to easy and to the simplest of graphics no shadows no mirrows aand work your way up.

recheck all cables to and from the game

if need be uninstall and do a clean install and start with the settings at the lowest.

during the reinstall use the lowest settings they give at the begining

best wishes

Ok like Sith said check to make sure your resolution is supported,then try it,then if that don't work try turning everything down ot their min. settings,then if all else fails COMPLETELY uninstall game,I mean folders shortcuts the works,then install all the latest certified drivers,NO BETAS!!,then defrag and scandisc..then reinstall.