Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Russian future fighter?

Is that a tail dragger?

Sorry but I don't understand what are you asking about :tumbleweed: maby it's my english...

IDEA: You said that it has "front" gear on tail? Yes he has! :biggrin:

Edited by CIACHO

A tail dragger is a plane that has its main gear forward of the center of gravity w/a smaller gear in the rear.

Example the F8F is a tail dragger the P-39's tricycle is cosidered conventional (now).

Edited by MAKO69

I can't decide what the front and back are :smile:

Front is on the left :rofl: near the cockpit

And what do You think about rear missile bay? :crazy:

post-20260-1225801092_thumb.jpg

Guest pfunkmusik

Looks like an insect.

pfunk

Its also a STOVL.

YES,YES,YES: It has everything what we need -ultimate russian fighter!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Nice, but I'd love to see a MiG 37 Ferret model for SF - they already have one for MSFS and for X Planes

Julhelm is doing one PAK-FA

Have the Russians even settled on a design for the PAK-FA? I thought the design was changed when India was brought in?

I like it from the front back and sides, but damn if that thing is FUGLY from top and bottom! :yes:

Have the Russians even settled on a design for the PAK-FA? I thought the design was changed when India was brought in?

I like it from the front back and sides, but damn if that thing is FUGLY from top and bottom! :yes:

Sure, there was an conception while ago in NPO site....

PAK%20FA%202004.gif

Even this design presented here looks better than the PAK-FA which looks more like a twisted copy of the F-22... But I agree with allenjb, we need the MiG-37 Ferret, at least that plane looks sexier!

(Though ATM for sexyness I think nothing beats GrinchWSLG's YF-19... combining Flanker-esque sexyness with F/A-37 Talon technology!)

Even this design presented here looks better than the PAK-FA which looks more like a twisted copy of the F-22...

'the feck?

pak-fa_render.jpg

You call this ugly in comparison to the OP's abortion of a fighter?

'the feck?

pak-fa_render.jpg

You call this ugly in comparison to the OP's abortion of a fighter?

Not ugly... That plane just looks so... normal... Kinda like the bastard son of an F-15 with an F-22 with a pitch of Fulcrum (the tail between the engine exhausts), compared to the OP, which is completely different, the only thing that comes close to mind is the XF5U Flying Pancake... is different... Even your Shadowcat looks sexier than the PAK-FA... :good:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Btw, when will we get some current, state-of-the-art russian fighter? (see Su-30MKK)

What tail? Which end is the front, if any?

pf::

Looks like an insect.

There are some lizards and maybe insects that have a fake head for a tail, to confuse predators. Maybe that's what this is. In The Dogfight, you can't tell what end is the real head. That could work.

the MiG-37 looks OK, but don't be mocking me w/ the F/A-37 Talon.

I remember the movie.. it was a major disappointment.

this is how I'd like the PAKFA to look like

(I'm a great fan of canards, and my heard ached when they scrapped them off the Su-35):

no5v06.gif

Julhelm's PAK-FA looks wonderfool but very clasic. Like You said: eastern version of F-22

post-20260-1226583259_thumb.jpg

This one, name it "Rus-XX" looks like a plane from year 2040...

Personally, I dig the one Jules is doing. It looks about what I'd expect the PAK-FA to look like coming from the reports I've seen between 99 and 2003. I know the one that looked like the F-22 was a proposal, but I'm not too sure if that design was given a go ahead for development.

Personally, I dig the one Jules is doing. It looks about what I'd expect the PAK-FA to look like coming from the reports I've seen between 99 and 2003.

Got a link to a screenshot?