Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Why Being at Wright Patterson AFB is Cool.....2

This is the back up VC-25, doing transitions here at WPAFB.

af.jpg

af2.jpg

af22.jpg

af23.jpg

This is the back up VC-25, doing transitions here at WPAFB.

Cool doesn't cover it; that is awesome!

they come to Roanoke Airport from time to time. It is so cool, but they mostly do it at night.

I guess the security forces didnt take my call seriously when I called them about a mysterious guy out at the fence with a camera. I might have added "that he might have a crazed look in his eyes and hatred for the PAO", but I cant recall exactly. :victory:

P.S. Nice pics Dave. The low sun really makes it look sweet!

I've seen that one here, too. I've also seen the other one, with the satcom antenna on the top. The E-4B I think?

I've seen that one here, too. I've also seen the other one, with the satcom antenna on the top. The E-4B I think?

The one you are thinking is NAOC, which pulls alert here too. That is my holy grail of picture taking, to get NAOC while getting airborne.

LOL, I so rarely catch anything taking off and I never have my camera. I did grab a handful of the 2 WB-57s here several years ago for the shuttle return-to-flight though.

First time I went to the museum up there, a C-5 was doing touch and go approaches. Had no camera though. That place is my Graceland. :biggrin:

First time I went to the museum up there, a C-5 was doing touch and go approaches. Had no camera though. That place is my Graceland. :biggrin:

I bet you it was one from my unit up here.