HMS Eagle

Eagle as built. Hopefully, I'll get around to an alternative deck texture for the Suez Crisis.

Complaints................. you know where to send them.

No guarantees. It's hard enough having to deal with the cat.

Magnificent :good:

Thanks very much :yes:

Great work Hinch, thank you.

Hinch,

Awesome work on the Eagle as always, thanks for letting me try her with the Wyvern!

Thanks chaps! Decent models like the Wyvern and Sea Hawk make the boats look good. Now, if some kind soul would come up with a Sea Venom, we'd be set.

Next up............. finish off the Daring class destroyer so Eagle doesn't look quite so lonely at sea. When I was testing out the Wyvern the other day, Diamond shot one down with her 4.5" guns (just one functioning turret at the mo'). At the same time, there was a lot of huffing and puffing from Eagle's AA, but not much to show for it.

There goes a stupid question - could you explain how to install and use the Eagle correctly in campaign?

No angled deck model? I like the boat, you did an outstanding job modeling her. Could you perhaps make an angled deck model? I would like to see the Forrestal class carriers redone, the current ones texture's are blurry when you land, and there are some other imperfections in it. I have tried a bunch of your other work, and I like them all.

Warren

Hinch,

Beautiful job as always - and thanks for launching the best carrier the RN ever had (at least she's always been my fav!)

SB

No angled deck model? I like the boat, you did an outstanding job modeling her. Could you perhaps make an angled deck model?

Warren

Well, her original 'angle' was essentially just a paint job, so if I can stomach looking at the model again, an alternative deck texture would be the result. If you refer to her as she was after her 1959-64 refit................... well, that's a lot further down the virtual road.

sugarblues,

Yeah, she's always been my favourite post war RN carrier.................. although I'm partial to them all.

Hinch,

Any chance of a mod where we can use Skippy's new Wyvern to recreate the infamous incident of Eagle "adding" a Wyvern to her funnel :biggrin:

Kidding of course...

Thanks again,

SB

...Now we know why you're a rotorhead! :rofl:

Seriously, thanks to you and Hinch for bringing the FAA to the fore once again!

SB

...Now we know why you're a rotorhead!

No, that's why I'm an Observer, I get to tell the pilot 'No ****wit over there'. More often than you'd think, pilots, very slow.

I should really overhaul Victorious and improve her, but barring that........................... would people be interested in Hermes as she was as a fixed wing carrier? I've always liked her in that configuration.

I am interested in any RN carrier you care to turn your hand to :biggrin::good: :yes:

Skippy,

Everyone knows that Observers are the Elite of the FAA... anybody can drive, but knowing how to get home is another matter! :biggrin:

Hinch - Any RN carrier you'd ever create is guaranteed a place of honour on my hard drive. The choice is always yours... If you did the pre-angled deck Hermes, wouldn't that open the door for Centaur and the rest of the family ? I know you mentioned Victorious, but I have to admit my all-time favorite remains your post-war Illustrious. That's my deck of choice...

SB

personally I'm more interested in the fast jet era of the FAA so any angled deck flat tops would be appreciated though this lady is gonna come in very handy for a Suez mod. Still to get her in game but from what I've seen she looks great.

And Skip your responsible for the coffee on my screen....

Craig