Sign in to follow this  
sparviero12

Voices Israeli pilots + add on!

Every day, thanks to the job of expert people, come publish new rows to you, that they improve of time in time our simulators, but the question that I place every day when, control the section download is always the same one!

Possible that they have not been still produced the voices of the Israeli pilots and have not been created a campaign, with which the mig can be piloted Arabic? But because all this? Perhaps more in we will find something of similar here.............!

Such a thing does not exist.

However, the process is straight forward, just tedious.

If you want something like this...you could make it yourself. All you need is a microphone, some recording software (several available for free), and a LOT of time.

How about you make one for us?

FastCargo

I thought somebody must have made a French seech-pack until I had another look at the speech-folder: It's just 1695speech-files to re-record.

I thought somebody must have made a French seech-pack until I had another look at the speech-folder: It's just 1695speech-files to re-record.

Exactly. Not something to be done 'off the cuff'.

FastCargo

My abilities with the computer, enough are reduced, would have need of some just program for the realization of this type of download.

I've had another look at the 1695 speech-files. While the sheer number is enough to strike terror even in the stoutest of souls things start to look much less threatening after breaking down that number to the different speakers. Looking at the "speech" folder you'll notice .wav-files like "D1appr001.wav". The first part of the filename denotes the speaker. Thus the number of speech-files breaks down to

voice	   # of files
   ----------------------------------------
		   A1   Pilot 2	 279
		   A2   Pilot 3	 279
		   A3   Pilot 4	 279
		   D1   Approach	167
		   F1   FAC/Snoopy  116
		   G1   Grd. Troops  40
		   T1   Red Crown   337
		   W1   Tower	   198

Keep in mind that a) these speech clips are all very short, and b) an estimated third to half of them is redundant and could be skipped at first (i.e. three versions of "Bandits!", three versions of "Got him!", etc.).

Looks much more doable now IMHO. Should sparviero12 manage to find eight hebrew speakers willing to participate I guess this could be pulled off in a manner of weeks (only couple of speech files per day to keep it fun).

The free and open-source programme Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) seems to be up to the job. Export your recorded speech files as "GSM 6.10 WAV (mobile)", and they should work.

Not something to be done 'off the cuff', but neither is an aircraft carrier or aircraft. The thing is, you don't have to know anything about ini-hacking, or 3D modelling to do it.

I have not understood nothing to us in your message!

Then there are in net the download of the languages of the Arabic pilots?

I have tried in any case but I do not succeed to us alone.

Included in my Battle of Britain RAF Speechpack is a spreadsheet file which tells you the text of all the speech files, so you have a "script" all prepared. There are many variations on a similar theme. From memory, there are 3 or four different pilot voices, Red Crown voice, Tower voice, and your ground commander's voice.

Cheers,

Baltika

Included in my Battle of Britain RAF Speechpack is a spreadsheet file which tells you the text of all the speech files

Really?

Hmmm...interesting. That could work for another idea...

FastCargo